• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sketches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
My entry for the last concept art contest:

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.JPG 05.JPG

Waer da birdie?
I deleted them (The bird and the orc) :c but i promise to upload them again XD

This was the second batch of concept art for Kyrbi0's troll race, some sketches of buildings, units and summonables:

01 (1).jpg 02 (1).jpg 03 (1).jpg 04 (1).jpg 05 (1).jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

A simple doodad made for a friend (was meant to be used as the base for a logo):

IMG_20170502_105010.jpg

Thrall the Lich King:

Thrall the Lich King.jpg Thrall the Lich King color.jpg

This was inspired by two things, Pulyx's King arthas: World of Warcraft Tribute- King Arthas Menethil , and this thread also: [lore] How would YOU have continued the story after TFT?
I enjoyed doing this one, so i'm gonna keep drawing more "what if" characters

Last edited:
Level 34
From some point of view these are great pieces, but can you give a little more effort and accuracy? Maybe start sketching with a hard pencil and then when you figure out your design - use liner marker for having clear image? This technique is used by most of tattoo masters for paper sketching.
Usually i do that, i always tried to keep my line clean, but since last year i have been unemployed, and i used whatever i had at hand to make my last sketches (cheap office pencils and pens), now that i have a new job i will make sure to buy some decent stuff and to take proper time to make some quality pieces :'(

Level 28
And some results:

Hey those are some great icons! Why do you say you they aren't ready?

Also, I may be wrong, but the icon border looks too thin on the orc. You could use the Button Manager to resize and add icon borders to them, it is the easiest way to properly format them. The rat could benefit from a more... enthusiastic shading, so it emphasises the feeling of depth (highlight his nose/teeth/mouth while making his ears/hairs/neck darker), as it looks kinda 2d at the moment. The other icons, however, are looking great. Specially the orc. I loved the way you chose to represente the Geist.

Also some digital inking i'm making for a comic:

Beautiful linework. Makes me want to see a full coloured scene from you someday =P

Level 34
@Naze thanks! :'3 the reason why the rat looks that bad is because i tried a different paintig method for each one (and then i forgot the steps XD), i'm still struggling with the digital paint techniques, and what i mean with not finished is that i didn't start making the other icons yet (garithos, the elf paladin and the death knight; and the ancient of lies is a total mess u_u).

About those scenes, the coloured version is really awesome, but i'm not painting on that project, just inking, but i hope to learn more stuff about painting (also this is the first time that i draw landscapes, and it's been a pain in the ass finish them), so far i have inked 15 pages, but i can't upload more stuff for now Xp

Roland

R

Roland

Nein! Nein! Draw me with a tuxedo and behind me is the corpse of Rodrigo Duterte! D:<

Level 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
XD yeah, i miss that style too, I made that doodle because in that year people get nuts with that mayan prophecy of the end of the world :p.
The first two of the fan arts for the Spawn comic, two of the aspects of the creature, the Nightmare Spawn and the Raven Spawn, and the third one is Antivenom :p, a character from Spiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.