1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Skeleton.blp

Submitted by Dreyus
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
I Made that skin when i saw that the skeleton were all wearing stainless steel armor and weapon and that theyre bones were white like snow.

so i made a rusty skeleton skin for those who want more realistic living dead.

Hope it will be usefull.

Updated:

added some hole, better rust color, and better sword.

Keywords:
Skeleton, Rusty, Undead
Contents

Rusty Skeleton (Texture)

Reviews
20:02, 29th Jun 2008 Werewulf: Simple Recolour with poor freehand.
  1. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    75% freehand? I think not.

2. Dreyus

Dreyus

Resources:
    Resources:
    i did not used filter, the armor pieces were made using the burn tool, not a cnp texture.

i recolored the bones, because theyre was no need for something complicated.

the skull were colored in another tone and shaded.

the skins were suposed to be in a boring color sheme, because its an old skeleton, in rusty armor. its more like a correction of the stainless steal armored white like snow skeleton than an artwork.

sorry if i made mistake in my comment, im not realy good at english.

3. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I believe you do not understand what Freehand is.

It's the Brush Tool. When you want to apply shadows darken the shade of the colour you are using, do not use burn. When you want highlights make the colour lighter, do not use dodge. You have much more control over the colour this way.

Recolours are against the rules. Do not use them at all. Either redo the bones freehanded or keep them like the original.

4. Dreyus

Dreyus

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok... i taught that recolor was: Passing over stuff whit a low opacity brush to change the color whitout changing the feature,

that copy and paste was:... copy and pasting part...

that pattern was using texture to draw and that free hand was completely remake a part from zero.

im not wrong at all point but i will verify my definition of those word...

i agree that my skins is using recolor, but no pattern, cnp, or any other thing, and that i do not freehanded much...i mostly recolored the armor and used some of the tool to make it look lijke rust, mostly using the burn tool.

but i did not made this to be against the rules, but because i misunderstood some of them.

i will be absent for a time and will not be able to respond to further commentary atlest for some day.

(the grunt version and the wyrm one as whit the edit of the archer will be made after my return, for the other one im not sure of theyre concept for now...)

5. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Copy and Paste is simply copy and paste.

Recolour is changing the Hue/Saturation/Lighting using filters.

Freehand general means without using any special tools. Kinda like hiring an artist to draw a picture for you.

I think.. 80%? or is it 70%?... Must be freehanded.

People make these mistakes, this isn't the worst I've seen. Not even close.

6. GeKiller

GeKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea looks much better now 5/5