• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wintercore HD 2.71

WHD-Forum-Map-Title.png

SHD-Forum-Commands.png
SHD-Forum-Features.png
SHD-Forum-Heroes.png

Choose from 44 very unique heroes to defend against 60 epic waves of enemies.

Learn skills like Weaponcraft, Powercraft, Spellcraft, Capitalism and Wisdom.

Type "-random" to pick random heroes including the secret hero.
"-cam (number)" to change to a further camera view.
"-Kills" show kill count
"-count" to show number of enemies.
"-rate" to show exp rate of all players.
"-ms" to show movement speed.
"-size" to make enemies grow 2x .
"-boom" to see for yourself.
"-t" to teleport back to the castle.
"-nw (show/hide)" to show or hide Net Worth leaderboard that is added on version 2.65

For Weather commands:
-weather snow, -weather rain, -weather wind, weather moonlight, -weather off

Hints:
- (enable/disable hints) ; which will give hints randomly every minute. Disabled by default.

For Player 1 exclusive commands only:
"-kick (player number)" --- to kick a player
"-give gold/wood (value) (Player color) --- to give/reduce gold

-This map can play up to 6 players
-Some Heroes are Extremely Unique
-Highly Replayable
-The castle can be upgraded with a key which cost 80 Diamonds
-There are over hundreds of Items to purchase
-Has 5 difficulties to choose from (The Nightmare and Abyssal have those burning super-powered variants.)
-95% Custom Spells (triggered)
-Has secret events that gives extremely powerful items

- You can see your team's net worth so you can help those who are left behind and make the game enjoyable for everyone
-You can manipulate wave spawn number (Player 1 only)
-You can also manipulate pre-wave timer (Player 1 only)
-Each hero has its own background story.

Systems:
-Has Advanced multiboard to see all the details needed for the map
-Has Advanced Recipe System for smooth experience.
-Has Leaderboards to show your team's Net Worth
-Has "Summoned Heroes" that can scale their stats infinitely based on the player's crafts.
-Has different types of enemies. Normal (1x reward), Strong (Spawns only half and 2x reward), Elite (There are only 4 per wave and has 5x rewards)

You can access the unprotected version of the map (can be found in author's note)
But the map link in hive is protected.

Hero Tower: This tower can level up and use items.
Diamond: Is a currency that is equivalent to 10000 golds.
Weather System: This system gives players commands to weathers (see commands at top)

Omega spell: each hero can learn his strongest spell, to learn it the hero has to reach level 30 and defeat the omega boss, paying 15000 gold to challenge him in the arena (Shop north-west corner)

CRAFTS: there are 5 crafts that you can increase with certain items or by leveling

->Weaponcraft (only for weaponcraft heroes): the more weaponcraft you have, the more damage your abilities do, and generally improve your abilities. Weaponcraft increases your strength by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Powercraft (only for powercraft heroes): the more powercraft you have, the more damage your spells do or just generally improve your spells. Powercraft increases your agility by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Spellcraft (only for spellcraft heroes): the more spellcraft you have, the more damage your spells do, the longer your summons last, or just in general improve your spells. Spellcraft increases your intelligence by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Capitalism gives you bonus gold after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more capitalism you have, the more gold you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

->Wisdom gives you bonus exp after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more wisdom you have, the more experience you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

Personal Items: Each hero has a personal item that he/she can unlock; you need to get the item Personal Item unlocker and you will kill 100 units to unlock the personal item.

- You can challenge 3 bosses: Fire Master, Plague King and Grand lich to gain diamonds. But there is 1 more boss.. Nah.. it's up to you to find him.

- If you are upto the challenge, you can farm gold and exp fighing endlessly spawning enemies. You just have to be careful of the Big One.
]

To see the list of Heroes please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Heroes

SHD-Forum-Information.png
SHD-Forum-Changes.png

SHD-New-Full-Map.png

SHD-New-Fire-Master.png

New-Warlock-Shop-Area.png

full

To see the Changelogs please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Changelogs

SHD-Forum-Credits.png
SHD-Forum-Notes.png

Special Thanks:

• skamigo (The original creator of this map)
  • Blizzard Entertainment (For the game)

• Vinz
  • Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • Sellenisko
  • alfredx_sotn
  • General Frank
  • RED BARON
  • Mr. Bob
  • Frankster
  • DarkHunter1357
  • RED BARON
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY
  • Pyramidhe@d
  • DonDustin
  • Tarrasque
  • sPy
  • Ampharos_222
  • UgoUgo
  • Callahan
  • Tranquil
  • Happy Tauren
  • Thrikodius
  • expresso
  • Turiel
  • Hate
  • nGy
  • HammerFist132
  • Pyritie
  • Blackdoom
  • JetFangInferno
  • stan0033

• Kwaliti
  • skizzik
  • -BerZeKer-

• Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • FrostTorture
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • Golden-Drake
  • Peekay
  • Frankster
  • ike-ike
  • Golden-Drake
  • Akolyt0r
  • Darkfang
  • The_Silent
  • Cloudwolf
  • Peekay
  • Infinitynexus
  • Anachron
  • Nudl9
  • prizraknadache
  • Mr.Goblin
  • kola

• Knno
  • Squiggy
  • Klingo
  • Mage goo
  • Tank-Commander
  • Tiche3
  • Maker
  • baassee
  • Paladon
  • Cryophoenix
  • Rmx
  • X-OMG-X
  • JeffreyQ
  • Nolyp (for item description)

• Vengeancekael (For Moderation)
  • Hell_Master (For Re-Moderation)
  • Naman
  • Maniawar3
  • 13lackace
  • orchius
  • Lordjoker
  • trolly056
  • NightAngelz
  • rrfvtgb
  • sheep
  • melnikas
  • HayateRein
  • ravewarheit
  • Oldmilk
  • JBB
  • LeonXardo66
  • TLI-Inferno
  • Fischiblub
  • Crett
  • Neecrom

This map is based from the original version 1.31 by Skamigo. I improved it very well to make it better by focusing on the gameplay. As of version 2.62, I renamed the map to Wintercore HD because it's not just his map now but ours and it can continue motivate me to continue the map.

Anyone can download the unprotected version of the map. You can edit, modify it or learn from it. (Note: Loading time is horribly slow that takes a minute <Makes it eat my time developing the map>). The Unprotected version of the file is always attached to my latest comments when a version releases.

There will be a time when I will stop releasing updates for a while as to do other important things in life. When that comes I will return someday and add some things that I have learned.

Keywords:
Blue, Castle, Recommended, Ice, Winter, Frost, Skamigo's Hero Defense, Defense, Castle Defense, The Great Hero Defense, Siege, Survival, Bluegreen891, Wintercore HD
Contents

Wintercore HD 2.71 (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/02 09:50:07 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 3/5 Acceptable Rep Received: 2Reasons: Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...
Level 9
The Death Knights -damage aura is a little bugged. It says -50/100/150/200, but no matter what it always removes 100% damage from enemies. Makes you and your buildings (and workers, if any) immune to physical damage as long as you are nearby. :p

This wasn't a bug, its impossible to have negative damage to an unit. Only on early game makes it remove the damage. In late game you could see that the damage doesn't being reduced completely and works based on its damage reduction.
Anyway, In next version I will balance this ability a lot.

Level 2
This wasn't a bug, its impossible to have negative damage to an unit. Only on early game makes it remove the damage. In late game you could see that the damage doesn't being reduced completely and works based on its damage reduction.
Anyway, In next version I will balance this ability a lot.

Are you sure? I played through all the waves with the Death Knight and the only times I took any damage was from spells.

Level 2
1. Death Knight is awesome, in my opinion no need to fix damage aura, because i still died like a sh*t in 40 wave boss....
2. I suggest make Pheonix hero a duo-craft
3. I recommend add to expensive shop a agility item like - "+50 agility"
4. This is my opinion so idk - new animacions for assassin, because Jumping Slash looks kinda sh*tty...

Level 1
some stuff that (i think) noone noticed until now
>the pheonix's first spell says that it uses weapon craft, thus it uses spellcraft
>the pheonix's last spell sats that it uses weapon craft but it uses spellcraft aswell
>the pehonix's omega spell says that it uses weapon craft, and it DOES use it, thus making it total bs, as its not a duacraft hero, and making it totally useless
>when you enter the "challenge hero's" shop (dunno how its called, not @home atm) and you scroll on the plague king, it says "challenge the fire master"
i have some more stuff but i need to get home first >w>

Level 9
1. Death Knight is awesome, in my opinion no need to fix damage aura, because i still died like a sh*t in 40 wave boss....
2. I suggest make Phoenix hero a duo-craft
3. I recommend add to expensive shop a agility item like - "+50 agility"
4. This is my opinion so idk - new animacions for assassin, because Jumping Slash looks kinda sh*tty...

I see, so this is my comment about your suggestions:
1. His spells need to be fixed and I've changed it to percentage.
2. Yes, I'll make him into duo craft hero
3. You are right, This definitely need to add this item
4. Maybe I should somehow add better effects and animations for assasin.

some stuff that (i think) none noticed until now
>the phoenix's first spell says that it uses weapon craft, thus it uses spellcraft
>the phoenix's last spell stats that it uses weapon craft but it uses spellcraft as well
>the phoenix's omega spell says that it uses weapon craft, and it DOES use it, thus making it total bs, as its not a duo craft hero, and making it totally useless
>when you enter the "challenge hero's" shop (dunno how its called, not @home atm) and you scroll on the plague king, it says "challenge the fire master"
i have some more stuff but i need to get home first >w>

I didn't notice that one. Easy fix!

Level 2
BTW some heroes ultimate spell (sorry don't remember know those heroes names) don't work with heroes (bosses), and they actually become a sh*t, so I suggest to make they ulti "available" to cast on heroes (bosses)

Sorry my eng bad : (

Level 2
As always - new awesome update...

BTW maybe u have skype or steam, and can add me? I have some crazy ideas for this map, and I want to ask some "map-making" questions...

Level 2
Need Fix :
1. On wave ~39-40 the "wave thing" on top right starts showing that its not 40 wave but 31.... And then all goes same like 41-32 ; 42-33.....
2. One of Blades spell need fix (that spell where u shoot a dagger or something like that) , because when u show where to shoot, it shoots opposite direction...

Level 1
In version 2.25 you introduce a new hero, the wisdom wisp
He is a bit .... WOW OH MY GOD ^^
His ulti break the game =( once it's used the hero can gain +500 lvl in one shot, and the CD is so low that you can use the ulti each round

Once the wisp is lvl 50+ it's over, the team is unkillable ...
Maybe up the CD and lower the exp gained ?

An other bug I had is that when you type "-impossible" the next wave is in impossible state (more HP, speed ...) but never end, even with the "-debug" command
(BTW, my wisp was lvl 2301 at this time and the monsters were no match for him)
(8000 Wc and Sc, 15000 Cap, 23000 wisdom, over 4000 in each attributes)

(And red gain kills with the plague ... when the zombie's or abo's plague fade out, red gain the kills Oo)

Level 9
Well the that was a bug anyway, I miscalculated the experience that was given. Calculation: 1000 x level of Ability x Wisdom = 100k experience!! will be fixed in next version. The description will be the same as well as the cooldown of the spell.

Level 2
Skamingos are fun co-op map, but I see some single-players like to ruin the fun... This isn't super hardcore challenge map...

2.25 Skamingos isn't easy, of course if 2 guys pick supports and support each other, yeah, its kinda easy, but still from ~40 wave it gets harder...

Level 9
Skamingos are fun co-op map, but I see some single-players like to ruin the fun... This isn't super hardcore challenge map...

2.25 Skamingos isn't easy, of course if 2 guys pick supports and support each other, yeah, its kinda easy, but still from ~40 wave it gets harder...

Yeah, thanks for that comment, It gives me more courage to improve this map.

Level 2
are you going to fix the weaponscaft , spell ,, cap ... in trader book store
and some heroes that + weapon craft dont work
it is fun but if you dont fix those bugs it is pointless to play that skill dont do what it says

Level 2
you need to fix the bugs that is
from trader , on its shop 4 craft dont work
a melee hero that use weapon and spell craft , its skill that + 1 weapon craft and its passive + 1 spell craft dont work , the skills work but + stat dont work ,

summary you need to fix the bugs that the normal hero spell that add stats dont work

Level 9
you need to fix the bugs that is
from trader , on its shop 4 craft dont work
a melee hero that use weapon and spell craft , its skill that + 1 weapon craft and its passive + 1 spell craft dont work , the skills work but + stat dont work ,

summary you need to fix the bugs that the normal hero spell that add stats dont work

fixed, the only problem is the multiboard (the description above) doesn't work. The stats works normally.

Level 2
i think you can release a new version with that bug fix , it is better to fix the bugs first than releasing new heroes

Level 9
i think you can release a new version with that bug fix , it is better to fix the bugs first than releasing new heroes

Mmmm...You mentioned to focus more on fixing bugs...Map changes very often...all right Ill release it later with all the reported bugs fixed.

My edit to prevent double-posting: As you can notice, the map becomes larger in filesize because I have added loading screen on it. Oh there's one another thing: I hide the map details to prevent it from being too long. That's it!

Last edited:
Level 2
i dont mind loading screen are good

i play battle for soul , it is like 8 to 9 mb so your map is counted as small even with the update elite sniper are useless at the start but really powerful is the late game
i find it is too good if you know how to survive like phonix + sniper combo

Level 2
only most players are so impatent due to the map size , so less ppl join my room compared to previous 2.24
problem = ppl not u blue green

can i ask what is the orb ?

Level 2
never end , even we kill all the monsters , it dont go to the next timer , it is the 2.23 bug ....

and request to a npc called + more units
it have a few function , like you can spend a few gold to make your next waves , harder or longer , + more stat , armor , number and etc , this effect is permanment , more creeps = more $ bonus

something like invest your $ on creeps

you could also add more range waves make the waves to 60 by add 6 waves of ranges unitd 2 spell resistant , 2 melee , include 1 range hero that dont like to go too near the castle

Level 1
the orb is seriuosly overpowered
were playing with a friend, and if he picks orb and it doesnt really even matter who i pick, its pretty much a won game without effort. once he gets the omega spell he just buffs me up while i have 2 trader necklaces, and i have ~5000 capitalism, next wave we can buy whatever we want.
also the last 10 waves are really weak from now on somewhy, and alot of heroes became useless cuz of the balancing things
but otherwise a fun map to play, really

Level 1
is there already a shop or something you only can see with the eye of the unknown? i searched the whole map, i hope i wasnt only to dumb ;D

Level 2
Nahh Orb is ok, its not a bug or something relly cool hero, don't ruin him, just make that when he ulti and lvl someone, that he don't give a 10k capitalism and wisdom... Maybe 500% would be nice, lol

Level 9
the orb is seriuosly overpowered
were playing with a friend, and if he picks orb and it doesnt really even matter who i pick, its pretty much a won game without effort. once he gets the omega spell he just buffs me up while i have 2 trader necklaces, and i have ~5000 capitalism, next wave we can buy whatever we want.
also the last 10 waves are really weak from now on somewhy, and alot of heroes became useless cuz of the balancing things
but otherwise a fun map to play, really

Ill nerf it again slightly.

is there already a shop or something you only can see with the eye of the unknown? i searched the whole map, i hope i wasnt only to dumb ;D

No, not yet. On next version ill add many hidden things.

and i got stuck in the vampire wave aswell, the next wave didnt come, i think its about the ending of the wave i did also not get the gold and xp etc.

Since version 2.20, this was a bug that is really really hard to fix. I tried to make a debug command to help it fix the bug.

Nahh Orb is ok, its not a bug or something relly cool hero, don't ruin him, just make that when he ulti and lvl someone, that he don't give a 10k capitalism and wisdom... Maybe 500% would be nice, lol

Mmm...there are still alot of criticism about orb...Only a slight balance will be done...

To All said:
I will update the map sooner or later.