• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wintercore HD 2.71

WHD-Forum-Map-Title.png

SHD-Forum-Commands.png
SHD-Forum-Features.png
SHD-Forum-Heroes.png

Choose from 44 very unique heroes to defend against 60 epic waves of enemies.

Learn skills like Weaponcraft, Powercraft, Spellcraft, Capitalism and Wisdom.

Type "-random" to pick random heroes including the secret hero.
"-cam (number)" to change to a further camera view.
"-Kills" show kill count
"-count" to show number of enemies.
"-rate" to show exp rate of all players.
"-ms" to show movement speed.
"-size" to make enemies grow 2x .
"-boom" to see for yourself.
"-t" to teleport back to the castle.
"-nw (show/hide)" to show or hide Net Worth leaderboard that is added on version 2.65

For Weather commands:
-weather snow, -weather rain, -weather wind, weather moonlight, -weather off

Hints:
- (enable/disable hints) ; which will give hints randomly every minute. Disabled by default.

For Player 1 exclusive commands only:
"-kick (player number)" --- to kick a player
"-give gold/wood (value) (Player color) --- to give/reduce gold

-This map can play up to 6 players
-Some Heroes are Extremely Unique
-Highly Replayable
-The castle can be upgraded with a key which cost 80 Diamonds
-There are over hundreds of Items to purchase
-Has 5 difficulties to choose from (The Nightmare and Abyssal have those burning super-powered variants.)
-95% Custom Spells (triggered)
-Has secret events that gives extremely powerful items

- You can see your team's net worth so you can help those who are left behind and make the game enjoyable for everyone
-You can manipulate wave spawn number (Player 1 only)
-You can also manipulate pre-wave timer (Player 1 only)
-Each hero has its own background story.

Systems:
-Has Advanced multiboard to see all the details needed for the map
-Has Advanced Recipe System for smooth experience.
-Has Leaderboards to show your team's Net Worth
-Has "Summoned Heroes" that can scale their stats infinitely based on the player's crafts.
-Has different types of enemies. Normal (1x reward), Strong (Spawns only half and 2x reward), Elite (There are only 4 per wave and has 5x rewards)

You can access the unprotected version of the map (can be found in author's note)
But the map link in hive is protected.

Hero Tower: This tower can level up and use items.
Diamond: Is a currency that is equivalent to 10000 golds.
Weather System: This system gives players commands to weathers (see commands at top)

Omega spell: each hero can learn his strongest spell, to learn it the hero has to reach level 30 and defeat the omega boss, paying 15000 gold to challenge him in the arena (Shop north-west corner)

CRAFTS: there are 5 crafts that you can increase with certain items or by leveling

->Weaponcraft (only for weaponcraft heroes): the more weaponcraft you have, the more damage your abilities do, and generally improve your abilities. Weaponcraft increases your strength by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Powercraft (only for powercraft heroes): the more powercraft you have, the more damage your spells do or just generally improve your spells. Powercraft increases your agility by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Spellcraft (only for spellcraft heroes): the more spellcraft you have, the more damage your spells do, the longer your summons last, or just in general improve your spells. Spellcraft increases your intelligence by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Capitalism gives you bonus gold after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more capitalism you have, the more gold you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

->Wisdom gives you bonus exp after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more wisdom you have, the more experience you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

Personal Items: Each hero has a personal item that he/she can unlock; you need to get the item Personal Item unlocker and you will kill 100 units to unlock the personal item.

- You can challenge 3 bosses: Fire Master, Plague King and Grand lich to gain diamonds. But there is 1 more boss.. Nah.. it's up to you to find him.

- If you are upto the challenge, you can farm gold and exp fighing endlessly spawning enemies. You just have to be careful of the Big One.
]

To see the list of Heroes please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Heroes

SHD-Forum-Information.png
SHD-Forum-Changes.png

SHD-New-Full-Map.png

SHD-New-Fire-Master.png

New-Warlock-Shop-Area.png

full

To see the Changelogs please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Changelogs

SHD-Forum-Credits.png
SHD-Forum-Notes.png

Special Thanks:

• skamigo (The original creator of this map)
  • Blizzard Entertainment (For the game)

• Vinz
  • Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • Sellenisko
  • alfredx_sotn
  • General Frank
  • RED BARON
  • Mr. Bob
  • Frankster
  • DarkHunter1357
  • RED BARON
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY
  • Pyramidhe@d
  • DonDustin
  • Tarrasque
  • sPy
  • Ampharos_222
  • UgoUgo
  • Callahan
  • Tranquil
  • Happy Tauren
  • Thrikodius
  • expresso
  • Turiel
  • Hate
  • nGy
  • HammerFist132
  • Pyritie
  • Blackdoom
  • JetFangInferno
  • stan0033

• Kwaliti
  • skizzik
  • -BerZeKer-

• Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • FrostTorture
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • Golden-Drake
  • Peekay
  • Frankster
  • ike-ike
  • Golden-Drake
  • Akolyt0r
  • Darkfang
  • The_Silent
  • Cloudwolf
  • Peekay
  • Infinitynexus
  • Anachron
  • Nudl9
  • prizraknadache
  • Mr.Goblin
  • kola

• Knno
  • Squiggy
  • Klingo
  • Mage goo
  • Tank-Commander
  • Tiche3
  • Maker
  • baassee
  • Paladon
  • Cryophoenix
  • Rmx
  • X-OMG-X
  • JeffreyQ
  • Nolyp (for item description)

• Vengeancekael (For Moderation)
  • Hell_Master (For Re-Moderation)
  • Naman
  • Maniawar3
  • 13lackace
  • orchius
  • Lordjoker
  • trolly056
  • NightAngelz
  • rrfvtgb
  • sheep
  • melnikas
  • HayateRein
  • ravewarheit
  • Oldmilk
  • JBB
  • LeonXardo66
  • TLI-Inferno
  • Fischiblub
  • Crett
  • Neecrom

This map is based from the original version 1.31 by Skamigo. I improved it very well to make it better by focusing on the gameplay. As of version 2.62, I renamed the map to Wintercore HD because it's not just his map now but ours and it can continue motivate me to continue the map.

Anyone can download the unprotected version of the map. You can edit, modify it or learn from it. (Note: Loading time is horribly slow that takes a minute <Makes it eat my time developing the map>). The Unprotected version of the file is always attached to my latest comments when a version releases.

There will be a time when I will stop releasing updates for a while as to do other important things in life. When that comes I will return someday and add some things that I have learned.

Keywords:
Blue, Castle, Recommended, Ice, Winter, Frost, Skamigo's Hero Defense, Defense, Castle Defense, The Great Hero Defense, Siege, Survival, Bluegreen891, Wintercore HD
Contents

Wintercore HD 2.71 (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/02 09:50:07 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 3/5 Acceptable Rep Received: 2Reasons: Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...
Level 3
i fought against the boss... after 30 minutes the boss lost only about 10% of its hp... i used the sniper to lock him down.. a friend using battlemage with 10k weaponcraft and dev's epic sword, and there also were about 6 divine towers staying around it...
this was possible by using full map visibility (due to the "Always Visible" option) and using the sniper to kill the bosses all the time

without anything to lock the boss down it would be way too hard... i played on easy that game

Level 3
ok... i tested the god's titan
noticed 2 important things
also got one suggestion to fix one of the above

first of all.. i really like the concept of the god's titan.. it really is a good hero for tanking..
BUT!

the tank-ability is good.. the omega upgrade fits well.. (increasing the resemblance to the tank unit is a nice idea) but he deals way too much damage with auto-attacks due to chaos damage and the high attack speed
i would suggest lowering the attack speed (maybe setting it to 1-1.2?) while the chaos damage remains for the actual combat ability

the spiked armor ability is well made, but a bit overpowered when it comes to normal wave mobs (either give it a %chance to trigger or make it deal normal/magic damage so its damage gets reduced?)

the taunt isnt a bad idea for the hero to use.. in a team it may save lives but maybe make it deal atleast some damage? for example like 100x WC on max level? (some area poke)

the ultimate is alright, so no complains/critics/suggestions needed there

the omega ability is, as mentioned above, a nice idea... but it bugs the personal item, as the hero changes and the personal item is meant for the little one, make it available to both the big and the little titan to fix this

i couldnt check out more yet because i kind of lost interest after noticing i couldnt pick up the pretty cool looking personal item, cant wait to see a fix + playing with more people though

Edit: ok.. noticed some more things.. wind pandaren is a bit glitchy.. q dealing damage probably depending on weaponcraft... same to omega skill

another major bug is the tower engineer getting the tower (personal item) and placing it... after getting the tower though every level the engineer gets an insane boost in crafts... like 100x to the actual craft gain... i ended up with 89000% wc 27000% sc 46000% cap and 34000% wisdom... defeated the final boss in a second with super divine tower, chaos tower, and the help of a friend playing mime who cloned the big dragons

Last edited:
Level 3
i planned to save the replay of the game... but the glitch with the TE made me lose my motivation and i forgot saving it... my friend used his q and didnt deal any damage with it though (0% WC and 300% SC at that time) later on when he got his grand necklace and had 70% WC it dealt 4 damage each tick... anyways.. seems like it needs some more tests

Level 9
Map Updated: 2.35
This version is focused on fixing bugs
All reported bugs has been fixed except the pandaren skills

Here is something I forgot in change log:
I enabled in single player to use support heroes
I reduced the attack speed of god's titan slightly

Level 3
checked the new version out once... game consisting of trader and gods titan..

the titan seems fine now, no real bugs found... except of a small one regarding the W-passive.. points on it increases the str gain of every hero/player so things like a netherdrake with 2000 str but only 200-300 agi are possible as long as the gods titan is ingame

other than that theres one thing i've been asked by a friends while playing... were necklaces of the same type supposed to stack? he said they DID stack before, but looking at the last 7-10 versions they never stacked for me before..

would be nice to either fix it if they are supposed to stack or add a notice to remind players that the same necklaces dont stack

thats all for now

Level 4
I've attached a replay file where a few bugs/issues occured when I was playing as tower engineer:

1) One of the frost towers I built became permanent. It continued to live until it lost all its hp, rather than the supposed 90 seconds.

2) The personal item key turned into my personal item on the ground instead of in my inventory.

3) The flame tower does not properly stack 50 damage on every consecutive attack like it says so in the tooltip.

Attachments

• Skamigo 2.35.w3g
    337.6 KB · Views: 98

JBB

JBB

Level 1
Great map overall, it even made me register just to post here.

Just some things i've noticed:

Heroes:
Mime:
The mimics he makes with his first or his omega skill starts with the same hp as the target, but their max hp is about 2/3 greater.
His Omega skill is mapped to "R", not "T", so when you learn it, the fourth skill is not mapped anymore.

Phoenix:
The healing aura seems weird, the tooltip states 1% regen, but it seems a lot more...
Personal item does not gives craft bonus, also does not show mana cost or cooldown.

Ice Mage:
Third skill (freezing aura) does not seem to work at all, there is no aura icon on her or the enemies and no one actually froze.
Personal item does not show mana cost. the cooldown is stated, but the item does not show it properly.

God's Titan:
Loses strength bonus from second skill once he grows, the skill still function properly, he just loses the bonus he already have (not sure if intended).

Items:
Death Dagger:
Does not need Blink Dagger to craft as shown in the recipe, but does not allow blink either. The recipe also does not show the 1000 damage bonus.

Kill Reward:
the 150 kill reward is triggering in single player, the next rewards are triggering just with 3x more kills as intended.

Keep up the good work!

Level 9
This is my reply to the bug report

Mime:
The mimics he makes with his first or his omega skill starts with the same hp as the target, but their max hp is about 2/3 greater.
His Omega skill is mapped to "R", not "T", so when you learn it, the fourth skill is not mapped anymore.

Will be fixed!

Phoenix:
The healing aura seems weird, the tooltip states 1% regen, but it seems a lot more...
Personal item does not gives craft bonus, also does not show mana cost or cooldown.

I am thinking of reworking the spell and personal item will be fixed!

Ice Mage:
Third skill (freezing aura) does not seem to work at all, there is no aura icon on her or the enemies and no one actually froze.
Personal item does not show mana cost. the cooldown is stated, but the item does not show it properly.

This spell will also be reworked and personal item will be fixed!

God's Titan:
Loses strength bonus from second skill once he grows, the skill still function properly, he just loses the bonus he already have (not sure if intended).

Again, the spell will be reworked! (It wasn't intended)

Death Dagger:
Does not need Blink Dagger to craft as shown in the recipe, but does not allow blink either. The recipe also does not show the 1000 damage bonus.

I'll remove the blink dagger as it was useless in the game for now...

Kill Reward:
the 150 kill reward is triggering in single player, the next rewards are triggering just with 3x more kills as intended.

Will be fixed!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much!

JBB

JBB

Level 1
Some more things, not necessarily bugs, but still...

Wave 59 (Dragon Lords):
I find this wave harder than the last boss, they have tons of damage, armor and hp, which is ok, but the damage return seems a bit overkill. Almost every strong skill i've used against then instant killed my hero. That being said, the dragons are vulnerable to instant kill skills (like the first skill from Greedy Knight), a bit odd...

Heroes:
Beastmaster:
The nether drake from his omega skill seems weaker than his wolf, and apparently don't become stronger (at least according to the tooltip).

Thief:
His first skill is pretty odd. The items he steals from the bosses are very nice, but the amount of gold he gets from normal waves is actually less than the what he gets from killing the unit, (even with the bonus from his personal item) (I was on normal difficulty). Also, about the increase capitalism bonus of the skill: its hard to use the skill more than one or two times per wave (especially on multiplayer), even if the increase was 100% it would be little, but with 5% its next to useless...
The third skill does good damage, but i think 5s is a bit too much...
The fourth skill have a great concept, but the peasants don't become stronger, just increase in numbers, thus they stop doing decent damage at very early waves and can't even serve as meat shields for the castle, since they can't be targeted. Also, the skill seems to simply stop working at high amounts of capitalism, i'm not sure of the exact valor, but with 6000 capitalism, nothing happens besides triggering the cooldown.
His personal item also have two very weak mods: the attack speed bonus would have been nice, but by the time you get the item, you already have a ton of agi and/or other items with attack speed, maybe a bonus to damage would have been bether... The increase in the gold from the first skill is also not very usefull, if possible, i think better chances for the skill to actually deal damage would be better.

Also, while playing Thief, in Single Player, with max increased spawns, the waves simply stopped, the counter for the next wave never appeared. It happened a few times, always on the first waves (3~6) and the -debug command didn't fix it, i had to restart.
I wasn't able to reproduce the bug consistently and don't have a replay (sorry =P).

Level 2
Wave 59 (Dragon Lords):
I find this wave harder than the last boss, they have tons of damage, armor and hp, which is ok, but the damage return seems a bit overkill. Almost every strong skill i've used against then instant killed my hero. That being said, the dragons are vulnerable to instant kill skills (like the first skill from Greedy Knight), a bit odd...
There is a way to kill them easily with a legendary item (I discovered it but I didn't tested yet)

Also, while playing Thief, in Single Player, with max increased spawns, the waves simply stopped, the counter for the next wave never appeared. It happened a few times, always on the first waves (3~6) and the -debug command didn't fix it, i had to restart.
I wasn't able to reproduce the bug consistently and don't have a replay (sorry =P).

Play an other hero ? well, just look in these case if some creep are just stuck in the end of the lanes. Don't forget reduce the spawns number, it increase difficulty and it give less chance for units to be stuck :)

Last edited:
Level 2
when i downloaded the unprotect map, it take much time to open wth JNGP,, also about the damage detection.. that was pretty simple, i recommended you to download DDS to make it full functionaly. Anyway it's good map +rep

Level 4
Something besides heroes.

Early game items should be cheaper, such as the items in the special shop cost 300g and give +1 to a stat, but there are the items in the basic item shop that give 3 to a stat for the same price. Also, for the +6 stat items, the agility one costs 700g while the str and agi ones cost 300g. These three also sell for 350g. So I can buy a bunch of these and sell them back for free 50g profit per. Yeah... a lot of inconsistency in item prices. Then there's ring of protection and gloves of haste that do not show how much armor or attack speed they give in the shop tooltip. Ring of protection costs 300g but sells for 200g(not the normal 50% sellback that most items in this game have)

EDIT:
-ring of protection tooltip in the shop doesn't show how much armor it gives
-enchanted stone quick buy total cost is more than if you made it by buying the individual items

Also, the level 4 recipe Giga Ring should give some amount of wisdom. I don't like how at a lvl 3 ring I have wisdom, and have to save up enough gold for both the level 4 and level 5 ring recipe to keep my wisdom bonus

Last edited:
Level 1
wanna ask is this bug or not...
the omega boss doesnt respawn after killed 2 times... is something wrong or else?
the last boss... is it really imposible to win? he used meteor that summon infer n the castle destroyed...

Level 2
wanna ask is this bug or not...
the omega boss doesnt respawn after killed 2 times... is something wrong or else?
the last boss... is it really imposible to win? he used meteor that summon infer n the castle destroyed...

Impossible.. :thumbs_down: naa,, it's don't impossible to much,, i hve plying this map,, it's easy whenever i choose hard difficults..

Level 9
Map Version 2.37 Updated
This update is focused on reworking some of the spells and few bugs that was reported.
I removed the ultimate container and replaced by Godlike item shop
there are currently 2 items that is in there which cost 200 diamonds each
A major addition is the item that can use 3 spells namely God's wand
There are still more things that I fixed that I cannot remember
so...Sorry for long update.
I was extremely lazy to do so...

Level 1
in ice golem lvl game crash and warcraft close!!! try several time it crash at same lvl

Level 9
Maybe but the freezing aura skill (on Ice mage and Infernal) that I removed still there so it crashes
And there are also multiple reports of that crash.
I'll Investigate more of the problem

Edit: Please make sure the version of warcraft is 1.26 and at max specs (This may help)

Level 3
good to know the peta ring recipe is broken in 2.38

also there'S still the container thingy.. doenst drop anything, is called "Godlike items" and isnt a shop which sells anything... wheres the godly shop supposed to be? checked most corners already (except of the lanes)

This is a really awesome map, except for an awful bug. The omega boss did not spawn, and I sat in there for literally 20 minutes until we lost.

You need to do 2 things: Fix the boss, and disable entering until they are spawned.

Additionally, the Lightning Tower's tooltip says "Learn to Build Build Frost Tower".

For balance purposes, I suggest adjusting the original "Stone Tower" to have future upgrade levels that increase its health, but not its damage. The other towers stay useful, each for different things (although higher level towers are still undeniably better), while the stone tower is simply crap. It's okay that its damage is nothing compared to the others, but it would be nice if it had increased health just for some sort of purpose.

I also think it would be neat if the engineer had the option to permanently place a tower, with the cost of (ability of tower, 1 being stone, 5 being chaos) x (level of tower, 1-4, chaos being automatically 4) x (Weaponcraft). So, for example, placing a level 4 lightning tower with 2,000% Weaponcraft would cost 32,000 gold. When an additional tower of the same type is summoned, the permanent tower would be destroyed.

The Weaponmaster (or whatever his name is)'s crafted weapons seem a bit useless. They all should be buffed to be worth using. It also looked like, at least according to the tooltips, two of the weapons were not even based on WC.

Still, this is really awesome, I love the custom stats, items, heroes, it's all really fun, and it's the only map that's managed to make me start liking hero defense maps again.

4/5.

Last edited:
Level 9
This is a really awesome map, except for an awful bug. The omega boss did not spawn, and I sat in there for literally 20 minutes until we lost.

You need to do 2 things: Fix the boss, and disable entering until they are spawned.

Additionally, the Lightning Tower's tooltip says "Learn to Build Build Frost Tower".

For balance purposes, I suggest adjusting the original "Stone Tower" to have future upgrade levels that increase its health, but not its damage. The other towers stay useful, each for different things (although higher level towers are still undeniably better), while the stone tower is simply crap. It's okay that its damage is nothing compared to the others, but it would be nice if it had increased health just for some sort of purpose.

I also think it would be neat if the engineer had the option to permanently place a tower, with the cost of (ability of tower, 1 being stone, 5 being chaos) x (level of tower, 1-4, chaos being automatically 4) x (Weaponcraft). So, for example, placing a level 4 lightning tower with 2,000% Weaponcraft would cost 32,000 gold. When an additional tower of the same type is summoned, the permanent tower would be destroyed.

The Weaponmaster (or whatever his name is)'s crafted weapons seem a bit useless. They all should be buffed to be worth using. It also looked like, at least according to the tooltips, two of the weapons were not even based on WC.

Still, this is really awesome, I love the custom stats, items, heroes, it's all really fun, and it's the only map that's managed to make me start liking hero defense maps again.

4/5.

Thanks for report!
You made me remember the bugs that I should fix.

Level 3

4/5.

reminds me of the bug i noticed twice when playing with some friends... the thingy with the omega boss is indeed a really annoying bug, causing half of the team to be unable to get their omega skill

the weaponsmith weapons are useless.. yep.. but theyre worth some gold.. other than that, the hero is a bit underpowered (atleast considering the usefulness of the abilities)

the towers are fine.. the only thing bugging me is the duration... a fixed duration is a bit stupid.. especially considering their use on higher difficulties...
maybe grant the stone tower more armor and hp while leaving the damage as it is.. or instead of using an ability for each tower.. use a spell book for the towers, and an ability to place an upgrade building or something to grant the towers minor improvements like duration or defense/attack capabilities

permanent towers are a really bad idea... it could be abused before.. and bluegreen still didnt even think about my idea regarding that.. the towers did last depending on spellcraft before...
therefore, if you had a lot of spellcraft, you could place a tower in the boss room and it lasted like 30 min in the end... causing you to get free gems without even caring about anything.. same could be done with the ice mage before... but then the ice prison was removed.. either due to that abuse or trolling (imprisoning people using it)

disabling people from entering the bossrooms would be one option.. even though it would be a bit bad, due to the fact that people might not notice the respawn of the boss and think its already back up yet... maybe add a sound like a simple *bling* to notify players of the respawn?

well... thats that about the post above...

and here's a hero suggestion: what would you say about a hero, who uses passives mainly?
my idea:
quickly attacking hero, being a complete hybrid(meaning he uses all crafts)
maybe 10% chance on attack to deal some bonus damage to a single target depending on weaponcraft
about 15% chance on attack to deal some damage in aoe around the target depending on spellcraft
about 5% chance on kill to grant 50%/100%/150%/200% capitalism extra bounty
and 10% chance on being attacked to heal yourself and allies in 300-500 aoe for maybe 5-25% wisdom

might be a bit op.. but it could be tested at some point
of course triggers need to be balanced so the attack passives wont trigger before any attacks...

Edit: nice ninja bluegreen

Level 9
For the 4 Bosses:
I made it all MUI just now; this prevents the bugs from occuring
I am finished at working for the tickets that disables the players from entering the boss rooms when the boss is still dead.
Also, there is a bit leaks when I looked at the triggers
This was also fixed

For the stone tower:
I made the stone tower hp based with no damage (Armor is high enough).

For others:
I improved the kills reward by adding colors to the players

I am working to make this map extremely enjoyable and be rated 5/5 or even 6/5.
Keep up for reporting bugs and I'll fix it!

Last edited:
Also, the +3 stat items and +6 stat items have the same cost, you may want to do something about that.

The Great Ring doesn't mention its allstats bonus in the shop tooltip.

I think 4th abilities such as the Shadow Master's Shadow Element, which level up only every 25 levels, should have a pretty significant increase in mana cost, after all by then he will have a lot of mana.

The Shadow Element can kill bosses even after the hero dies. When a hero in a boss chamber dies, or when the boss dies, his units should be teleported to near the castle.

It would be better if the towers from the castle started out weak and cheap, and could be upgraded throughout the game, allowing them to be useful but expensive at any point in the game, instead of starting out mad expensive and overpowered, and ending up mad cheap and useless.

What's with REMOVING 4000 gold from me when somebody else leaves? Why should I be punished because somebody else quits right after it starts? I'm already losing a player.

Or maybe have the base upgrades affect the tower, and also have the legendary things such as the "key" that give the base an attack, would also increase the damage of towers.

Last edited:
Level 3
will you release the new version today?
btw.. you may want to give the stone tower atleast 1-1 damage so it counts as a threat to the mobs and will be attacked instead of the castle...
or anything else which will make them attack the tower instead

I'll update this map in later
It's already 1:30 am at my country celebrating new year
I may take a rest for now.

Happy new year guys!

Cool, happy new year!

Also, I think it would be cool if the tower engineer could repair, even if the rate was slow.

Most active abilities (like, things that deal specific damage to targets) become pretty useless eventually. Items that give solid bonuses to stats like spellcraft or weaponcrafting simply don't give a big enough amount to make them useful; the only thing that gives any real amount is a necklace. The necklaces give +2 agi, or +2 int, or +2 str, or +7 wc, or +7 sc, etc. So when making the necklaces, you clearly understood that crafting needed to have larger bonuses than stats; 7 wc or sc = +2 to a single stat. Which would make +2 all stats equal to ~21 sc or wc. But for some reason, when making the large items, you decided to have things that add +1000 all stats, compared to things that only add a few hundred to crafting. The other crafting items really need a massive buff to be worth getting at all; they should be way larger than stat bonuses.

Also, the engineer's towers, from one type to the next, scale a bit too steeply, making them immensely overpowered. They shouldn't gain quite as much damage from wc as they currently do. At the moment, the engineer's towers are really the only thing capable of killing things later on. Either balance other abilities to be similarly effective, or power the towers down a bit.

Last edited:
Level 9
Map version 2.39 updated
not all reported ideas and bug have been implemented but there are many changes to the map including a system where you are not able to attack allied units (to prevent abuse and trolling) and many more.

Some of the suggestions that I didn't add in this version will be added on next version.

Happy Playing.

permanent towers are a really bad idea... it could be abused before

You should have actually read my post before you said that. I already said that, along with the permanant towers feature that I proposed, would come a gold cost required to make the tower permanent. The cost would be equal to your Weaponcraft (per %, not per 100%) multiplied by the level of the tower, multiplied by the type of tower (which ability it is, with stone being 1, and chaos being 5). The calculation would be (WC x Level x Type). So, for example, if you had 4,000 weaponcraft, which is not uncommon, making a level 4 chaos tower permanant would cost 80,000 gold. Making a level 4 lightning tower next to that would cost an additional 64,000 gold. Making a frost tower next to that lightning tower could cost 48,000 gold. The fire tower would cost 32,000 gold, and the stone tower would cost 16,000 gold. So setting up all five towers permanantly with 4,000 weaponcraft (what you'd have later on in the game) would cost a total of 230,000 gold. That's pretty expensive; it's clearly not something a builder could "abuse". It's not the kind of thing they could spam nonstop.

I also already mentioned that upon summoning a new tower of the same type, the old one would be removed, so it could not be abused to mass towers.

You really ought to read an entire post before complaining about a few simple words, when I had already proposed other things that would prevent it from being abused.

Map version 2.39 updated
not all reported ideas and bug have been implemented but there are many changes to the map including a system where you are not able to attack allied units (to prevent abuse and trolling) and many more.

Some of the suggestions that I didn't add in this version will be added on next version.

Happy Playing.

Cool. The most important thing you fixed, I believe, was making the bosses MPI (Not MUI, as you originally said; MUI would mean multi-unit, when it's really multi-player, as each player can only fight one boss at a time, regardless of how many units they might have). It's fine that it's MPI, not MUI; MUI would be unnecessary anyway. I'm just pointing out that this particular system is actually MPI.

Level 3
You should have actually read my post before you said that. I already said that, along with the permanant towers feature that I proposed, would come a gold cost required to make the tower permanent. The cost would be equal to your Weaponcraft (per %, not per 100%) multiplied by the level of the tower, multiplied by the type of tower (which ability it is, with stone being 1, and chaos being 5). The calculation would be (WC x Level x Type). So, for example, if you had 4,000 weaponcraft, which is not uncommon, making a level 4 chaos tower permanant would cost 80,000 gold. Making a level 4 lightning tower next to that would cost an additional 64,000 gold. Making a frost tower next to that lightning tower could cost 48,000 gold. The fire tower would cost 32,000 gold, and the stone tower would cost 16,000 gold. So setting up all five towers permanantly with 4,000 weaponcraft (what you'd have later on in the game) would cost a total of 230,000 gold. That's pretty expensive; it's clearly not something a builder could "abuse". It's not the kind of thing they could spam nonstop.

I also already mentioned that upon summoning a new tower of the same type, the old one would be removed, so it could not be abused to mass towers.

You really ought to read an entire post before complaining about a few simple words, when I had already proposed other things that would prevent it from being abused.

Cool. The most important thing you fixed, I believe, was making the bosses MPI (Not MUI, as you originally said; MUI would mean multi-unit, when it's really multi-player, as each player can only fight one boss at a time, regardless of how many units they might have). It's fine that it's MPI, not MUI; MUI would be unnecessary anyway. I'm just pointing out that this particular system is actually MPI.

right back at you.. you ought to read my post... i explained how it could be abused... the triggers only move back the hero to the castle.. it doesnt kill or moveback units.. so placing a tower in the boss area and making it permanent results in infinite gems without using any more gold to get to the bosses...

Edit: also 230k gold isnt that much in late game...

right back at you.. you ought to read my post... i explained how it could be abused... the triggers only move back the hero to the castle.. it doesnt kill or moveback units.. so placing a tower in the boss area and making it permanent results in infinite gems without using any more gold to get to the bosses...

Edit: also 230k gold isnt that much in late game...

When a hero in a boss chamber dies, or when the boss dies, his units should be teleported to near the castle.

I already made a suggestion to move all units out of the zone when the hero or boss dies. So, again, you should read before you post.

Secondly, 230k gold is still a lot even late-game when you're using it every time you place a set of towers. Affordable, yes, but it's not pocket change that you could throw around all over the place to "Abuse" it. 230k gold is 50 diamonds from the Lich with 80k spare change left over, and diamonds are always useful. You would still only be able to have 1 tower of each type alive at a time, and the abilities would still have their tremendously long cooldowns, so it's not like you could sit there spawning 5,000 chaos towers.

With them being limited to 1 per type, having long cooldowns, costing gold, and teleporting/being removed after boss fights, how could they possibly be abused?

Last edited:
The Giant's Belt buys for 300 gold, and sells for 350 gold. It's not a huge issue, but it can give players a major advantage early on.

The experience radius is small, which causes the sniper to kill things before they're even in range for players to get experience.

The Gem from the Omega Boss disappears when you respawn. This makes the Demolition Expert fairly useless, since the only ability he has that can do anything against the boss involves blowing himself up.

The Elemental Mage focuses around replenishing mana. The problem with that is that you have plenty of mana once you're past the beginning. If all of his abilities had low cooldowns so that he could spend mana more quickly, then maybe he might actually be useful. Water wave should be strengthened, and have its mana cost increased. Right now it's very weak with a tiny mana cost. That would be nice for some heroes, but with a hero who specializes in regenerating his own mana, he doesn't need to save any mana; he needs abilities with raw power. It also needs its damage width to be wider. I often watch it go straight through units without hurting them because they aren't straight down the middle.

The mime's clones' damage doesn't seem to improve based on stats, making it quite useless. Mime Power is also useless once his attack speed has been maxed.

Last edited:
Level 9
Sorry, I sometimes get confused with MUI and MPI.

For the towers making it permanent, I'll think of ways to make it
If I did make the triggers, I'll add it to the future version of the map.
And for the other reports, I'll fix it.

I'll update the map within few weeks.

The bosses aren't MPI, either. There is a single timer for all players. So they're not MUI or MPI. That is unless that fix wasn't released in 2.39.

The Assassin's bladestorm damages friends. Including the castle.

Assassin's ultimate, which "automatically kills all nearby targets instantly" is a bit... overpowered... It should be damage based.

When red played as the Maiden (I say slot, just in case it's a slot bug), he was getting free items spontaneously, including the Black Dagger and a Naga Champion Necklace (which kicked ass).

The Peta Ring is completely awesome and I really think it should have its price kicked up to 50 diamonds.

The final round's infernos get rained down all over the place, so the base gets insta-killed even if we kill the infernos, which we did. So the only way to win is to divine shield the base. Which makes it unfair to people who are getting there for the first time, since it's more about knowing from losing before, rather than actually being strong.

In the end, the only things capable of fighting them are the God's Titan units, which we had armies of; our heroes were pretty much useless. Fixing that would be complex, but I suggest working on the heroes so that they scale enough, or scale the units and titans both down.

Last edited:
Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Skamigo's Hero Defense
Map Author: Skamigo/Bluegreen891

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Same with the other X Hero Sieges though different game type there though features many waves which gives fun and life in the game, items and items recipes that serves useful as waves passes and enemies gets harder and harder and Omega spells/Boss challenges. These are just some decent features but I do not see anything that is quite groundbreaking or somewhat like that.

Score: 64/100

Presentation

Presentation looks pretty good even without much visual BB Codes and just simply text fonts modifiers and such. It gives a very long and accurate information of everything the viewers and players needs to know.

Overall, great job and this deserves a high rating.

Score: 88/100

Design

Minimap Image looks fitting and same goes for the Loading Screen. Both are also in a good quality. Tooltips looks good, quest menus are very informative of game stuffs, no green icons or broken ones, fitting icons for items, spells, unit icons and such.

Score: 75/100

Terrain

Terrain looks good for a Defense type of map. It has a good tile variation and decent amount of decorations; not too spammy or not too empty. Though you could still give some variations to the ground variations by using the Raise/Lower tool, Plataeu, Smooth, and Noise.

Score: 63/100

Object Data

Some of the unit being spawned at the game does not seem to fit or seems to be quite unrealistic such as Sheep being hostile and can even use Mirror Image. If we are to be realistic, that is quite weird to see in any Hero Defense type of map.

Score: 60/100

Gameplay

For a Defense type of map, this is quite great with many different things in it. But it is just plain boring when we are just defending. Maybe you could do some special events and treats which then gives some gold, crystals or even items only acquirable through events like on X Hero Siege though much more different from the X Hero Siege because it is quite unoriginal if you are just to copy all of the X Hero Siege's events.

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

The game could have something in it that looks rare or unique for a Hero Defense type of map, this can make the game great in its own way.

The terrain could still have some variations in the ground. It is quit flat. You could use the tools in the Terrain Editor to the do the job.

Sheeps as enemies is quite unrealistic seeing that they are not that hostile and what's more weird is that it can also use skills such as Mirror Image which should not be.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 68.833/100
3/5

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 9
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Skamigo's Hero Defense
Map Author: Skamigo/Bluegreen891

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Same with the other X Hero Sieges though different game type there though features many waves which gives fun and life in the game, items and items recipes that serves useful as waves passes and enemies gets harder and harder and Omega spells/Boss challenges. These are just some decent features but I do not see anything that is quite groundbreaking or somewhat like that.

Presentation

Presentation looks pretty good even without much visual BB Codes and just simply text fonts modifiers and such. It gives a very long and accurate information of everything the viewers and players needs to know.

Overall, great job and this deserves a high rating.

Score: 88/100

Design

Minimap Image looks fitting and same goes for the Loading Screen. Both are also in a good quality. Tooltips looks good, quest menus are very informative of game stuffs, no green icons or broken ones, fitting icons for items, spells, unit icons and such.

Score: 75/100

Terrain

Terrain looks good for a Defense type of map. It has a good tile variation and decent amount of decorations; not too spammy or not too empty. Though you could still give some variations to the ground variations by using the Raise/Lower tool, Plataeu, Smooth, and Noise.

Object Data

Some of the unit being spawned at the game does not seem to fit or seems to be quite unrealistic such as Sheep being hostile and can even use Mirror Image. If we are to be realistic, that is quite weird to see in any Hero Defense type of map.

Score: 60/100

Gameplay

For a Defense type of map, this is quite great with many different things in it. But it is just plain boring when we are just defending. Maybe you could do some special events and treats which then gives some gold, crystals or even items only acquirable through events like on X Hero Siege though much more different from the X Hero Siege because it is quite unoriginal if you are just to copy all of the X Hero Siege's events.

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

The game could have something in it that looks rare or unique for a Hero Defense type of map, this can make the game great in its own way.

The terrain could still have some variations in the ground. It is quit flat. You could use the tools in the Terrain Editor to the do the job.

Sheeps as enemies is quite unrealistic seeing that they are not that hostile and what's more weird is that it can also use skills such as Mirror Image which should not be.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 68.833/100
3/5

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Thanks for the great review. Even though it's 3/5, I'll improve it very much.
And for the suggestions, I'll add it to the map someday.

That's one of the dumbest reasons I've ever heard to downrate a map. Who says the enemies have to be realistic in the first place? How is a giant fire-breathing dragon any easier to believe than a sheep that duplicates itself?

Originality

I'd say the weaponcraft, capitalism, spellcraft and wisdom stats make it a pretty different playable experience than most other hero defense type maps. Calling it unoriginal just because it also has waves of enemies, like X Hero Siege, would make almost every map in the game, by your criteria, instantly "unoriginal". You act as though X Hero Siege invented the concept of a hero defense. I bet you think Call of Duty invented their guns and then World War II copied them, right? What's more, you claim to value originality so much, yet most of your suggestions throughout your post compared it to X Hero Siege, with you suggesting features from that map directly.

Your reviews may be covered in pretty decorations, but to me they just seem like a bunch of fluff without much accuracy. You should spend more time figuring out if the points you're bringing up are actually legitimate instead of just searching for any excuse you can to down-rate maps that you don't particularly like. I would have expected a review formatted and decorated like yours to have more substance.

The Greedy Knight's "Greedisgood" is rather useless. It costs an enormous amount of gold to use, and still deals less damage than other heroes' omega abilities. The only time it's any good is if you've already spent your gold and have nothing to lose; when you actually pay the cost, it's awful.

His first ability, "Transmute" which instantly kills targets could potentially be overpowered against end-game units, so it should probably be changed to simply deal a high amount of damage based on capitalism and gain gold equal to the damage dealt.

His "Greedy Taunt" is basically the same as "Collect Taxes". I think that "Greedy Taunt" should have its cooldown lowered so as to be actually useful as a taunt, have its amount gained lowered to make up for that, and also be changed to only give gold if used during combat. Since it would be unusable outside of combat, its cooldown would be reduced more drastically than the gold gained, in order to make up for it being unusable outside of combat.

Basically:
--Change gold gained from 10/20 x Capitalism to 4/8 x Capitalism
--Cut cooldown into a quarter of its previous cooldown.
--Change to only give gold if used with at least one enemy within taunting range.

Attack speed is pretty useless on late-game items, since attack speed is quickly maxed.

Some Tier 2 legendary items would be nice. I usually get to the point where I can't even convert to lumber and combine items for peta rings quickly enough to spend my gold. I know that the regular legendary items are already good enough for the first couple of difficulties, but for the end-game difficulties, it really would be necessary to have tier 2 legendaries which cost maybe 300-500 diamonds a piece to make.

Also, when you're playing the last two difficulties, creeps get to the point where they can kill even the legendary castle pretty much instantly. They often run past you and hit it, sometimes, killing it before you can aggro them. It would be nice if there were a legendary castle tech which would cost 10 diamonds per upgrade and had 100 tech levels. It would be mad expensive to tech, and it still wouldn't really do much, but it would at least give players on a high-end difficulty a way to continue strengthening the castle when they've reached that point, if they're actually able to afford it.

The necromancer's skeletons suck. Stats affect only their duration, not their stats, making them quite useless. Even the bomb ability is useless since they get insta-killed before it can be used.

It would be better if skeletons gained at least a small amount of health and damage based on spellcraft, say 20 damage and 300 life for every 100% spellcraft. That would still be pretty weak, but at least they wouldn't completely suck.

The Shadow Master's class item is completely useless. There are already cheap shop items for evasion, and by the time you actually have 15 diamonds and get 100 kills with the item afterwards, you wouldn't need the bonus mana that it gives. It's also undroppable, which really sucks ass when the first thing you want to do is get rid of it.

Edit: 1/22/14
I played again today, and encountered a bug I hadn't run into before. The round did not end, we looked everywhere for an enemy and didn't find one.

Last edited:
Level 9
Map updated Version 2.40
See change log for changes in the map

I added an event that I'd like to share to all of you and let me give you the walkthrough:
1) Go to Level 5 Recipe
2) Click multiple times the level 5 recipe shop at extremely fast rate
3) When it explodes, you must defeat it to gain the item

Warnings:
-You must have sufficient items to defeat Greater Warlock
-You must have teammates in order to defeat the Greater Warlock
-It has a Finger of Death that deals 1 million damage to a unit every 60 seconds
-It also has a massive health that is very hard to kill
-When activated the level 5 recipe will be lost forever (I may fix this later on)
-Do not make the other shops explode otherwise the game is ruined

Rewards
-You'll gain an item that gives a user 5 million health bonus

Not all of the bugs are fixed especially the wave glitch where the wave never ends.
I also updated the unprotected version of the map; If anyone knows how to fix the bug. Please tell me.

Last edited:
Level 9
It will work when you activate the easter egg of the warcraft 3. The shop acts like a neutral passive (critter), You need to click it at very fast rate, wait until the unit explode to spawn Greater Warlock.

For the skeletons, there must be a bug that I need to fix, I already implemented the stats increase of the skeletons.

Last edited:
Level 3
umm... so i played the new version with 2 friends on normal difficulty...
and i was amazed by how op the greedy knight became...
i made a replay with some glitches and bugs which occured... have fun looking at it :p

Edit: the warlock event doesnt happen.. even after 5 mins of clicking

Attachments

• Are you fucking Serious.w3g
    159.7 KB · Views: 79