• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wintercore HD 2.71

WHD-Forum-Map-Title.png

SHD-Forum-Commands.png
SHD-Forum-Features.png
SHD-Forum-Heroes.png

Choose from 44 very unique heroes to defend against 60 epic waves of enemies.

Learn skills like Weaponcraft, Powercraft, Spellcraft, Capitalism and Wisdom.

Type "-random" to pick random heroes including the secret hero.
"-cam (number)" to change to a further camera view.
"-Kills" show kill count
"-count" to show number of enemies.
"-rate" to show exp rate of all players.
"-ms" to show movement speed.
"-size" to make enemies grow 2x .
"-boom" to see for yourself.
"-t" to teleport back to the castle.
"-nw (show/hide)" to show or hide Net Worth leaderboard that is added on version 2.65

For Weather commands:
-weather snow, -weather rain, -weather wind, weather moonlight, -weather off

Hints:
- (enable/disable hints) ; which will give hints randomly every minute. Disabled by default.

For Player 1 exclusive commands only:
"-kick (player number)" --- to kick a player
"-give gold/wood (value) (Player color) --- to give/reduce gold

-This map can play up to 6 players
-Some Heroes are Extremely Unique
-Highly Replayable
-The castle can be upgraded with a key which cost 80 Diamonds
-There are over hundreds of Items to purchase
-Has 5 difficulties to choose from (The Nightmare and Abyssal have those burning super-powered variants.)
-95% Custom Spells (triggered)
-Has secret events that gives extremely powerful items

- You can see your team's net worth so you can help those who are left behind and make the game enjoyable for everyone
-You can manipulate wave spawn number (Player 1 only)
-You can also manipulate pre-wave timer (Player 1 only)
-Each hero has its own background story.

Systems:
-Has Advanced multiboard to see all the details needed for the map
-Has Advanced Recipe System for smooth experience.
-Has Leaderboards to show your team's Net Worth
-Has "Summoned Heroes" that can scale their stats infinitely based on the player's crafts.
-Has different types of enemies. Normal (1x reward), Strong (Spawns only half and 2x reward), Elite (There are only 4 per wave and has 5x rewards)

You can access the unprotected version of the map (can be found in author's note)
But the map link in hive is protected.

Hero Tower: This tower can level up and use items.
Diamond: Is a currency that is equivalent to 10000 golds.
Weather System: This system gives players commands to weathers (see commands at top)

Omega spell: each hero can learn his strongest spell, to learn it the hero has to reach level 30 and defeat the omega boss, paying 15000 gold to challenge him in the arena (Shop north-west corner)

CRAFTS: there are 5 crafts that you can increase with certain items or by leveling

->Weaponcraft (only for weaponcraft heroes): the more weaponcraft you have, the more damage your abilities do, and generally improve your abilities. Weaponcraft increases your strength by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Powercraft (only for powercraft heroes): the more powercraft you have, the more damage your spells do or just generally improve your spells. Powercraft increases your agility by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Spellcraft (only for spellcraft heroes): the more spellcraft you have, the more damage your spells do, the longer your summons last, or just in general improve your spells. Spellcraft increases your intelligence by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Capitalism gives you bonus gold after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more capitalism you have, the more gold you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

->Wisdom gives you bonus exp after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more wisdom you have, the more experience you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

Personal Items: Each hero has a personal item that he/she can unlock; you need to get the item Personal Item unlocker and you will kill 100 units to unlock the personal item.

- You can challenge 3 bosses: Fire Master, Plague King and Grand lich to gain diamonds. But there is 1 more boss.. Nah.. it's up to you to find him.

- If you are upto the challenge, you can farm gold and exp fighing endlessly spawning enemies. You just have to be careful of the Big One.
]

To see the list of Heroes please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Heroes

SHD-Forum-Information.png
SHD-Forum-Changes.png

SHD-New-Full-Map.png

SHD-New-Fire-Master.png

New-Warlock-Shop-Area.png

full

To see the Changelogs please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Changelogs

SHD-Forum-Credits.png
SHD-Forum-Notes.png

Special Thanks:

• skamigo (The original creator of this map)
  • Blizzard Entertainment (For the game)

• Vinz
  • Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • Sellenisko
  • alfredx_sotn
  • General Frank
  • RED BARON
  • Mr. Bob
  • Frankster
  • DarkHunter1357
  • RED BARON
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY
  • Pyramidhe@d
  • DonDustin
  • Tarrasque
  • sPy
  • Ampharos_222
  • UgoUgo
  • Callahan
  • Tranquil
  • Happy Tauren
  • Thrikodius
  • expresso
  • Turiel
  • Hate
  • nGy
  • HammerFist132
  • Pyritie
  • Blackdoom
  • JetFangInferno
  • stan0033

• Kwaliti
  • skizzik
  • -BerZeKer-

• Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • FrostTorture
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • Golden-Drake
  • Peekay
  • Frankster
  • ike-ike
  • Golden-Drake
  • Akolyt0r
  • Darkfang
  • The_Silent
  • Cloudwolf
  • Peekay
  • Infinitynexus
  • Anachron
  • Nudl9
  • prizraknadache
  • Mr.Goblin
  • kola

• Knno
  • Squiggy
  • Klingo
  • Mage goo
  • Tank-Commander
  • Tiche3
  • Maker
  • baassee
  • Paladon
  • Cryophoenix
  • Rmx
  • X-OMG-X
  • JeffreyQ
  • Nolyp (for item description)

• Vengeancekael (For Moderation)
  • Hell_Master (For Re-Moderation)
  • Naman
  • Maniawar3
  • 13lackace
  • orchius
  • Lordjoker
  • trolly056
  • NightAngelz
  • rrfvtgb
  • sheep
  • melnikas
  • HayateRein
  • ravewarheit
  • Oldmilk
  • JBB
  • LeonXardo66
  • TLI-Inferno
  • Fischiblub
  • Crett
  • Neecrom

This map is based from the original version 1.31 by Skamigo. I improved it very well to make it better by focusing on the gameplay. As of version 2.62, I renamed the map to Wintercore HD because it's not just his map now but ours and it can continue motivate me to continue the map.

Anyone can download the unprotected version of the map. You can edit, modify it or learn from it. (Note: Loading time is horribly slow that takes a minute <Makes it eat my time developing the map>). The Unprotected version of the file is always attached to my latest comments when a version releases.

There will be a time when I will stop releasing updates for a while as to do other important things in life. When that comes I will return someday and add some things that I have learned.

Keywords:
Blue, Castle, Recommended, Ice, Winter, Frost, Skamigo's Hero Defense, Defense, Castle Defense, The Great Hero Defense, Siege, Survival, Bluegreen891, Wintercore HD
Contents

Wintercore HD 2.71 (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/02 09:50:07 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 3/5 Acceptable Rep Received: 2Reasons: Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...
Level 3
Well after finishing the game with Robin Hood, alone, x2, easy(Testing heroes), or i don't have experience or it's too hard. Pretty easy in the beggining but last waves were pretty hard. The boss ICEGOD i only beat with my ult. I only finished the game because of my ult. I killed the last boss with it. Bracer quick made cost 100 less gold, probably because recipe cost 200 instead of 100 gold. Also Diamond item WORK. Just won because of it.(Ult gold - mana + capitalism x weaponry (300 cap and 700 - 800 weaponry). You could reset every CD of the abilitys when the last boss come. But i killed lich king with 1 ult. When you finish single player you can't type -secret because the game finish 1 sec later... Is that on purpose ? Awesome game.
PS: I believe it will be a lot more easy with a full game.

Level 1
So, with greedisgood i buy this item in first wave.
436a383117a3.jpg

Doesn't give me capitalism at all.
Checked in the end of the round
34582c94a1cf.jpg

+0 bonus gold.
So, does it work?
And i still want to know how essense of darkness work.

Level 2
I think there's another problem. I play God mode, the defense rate increases too fast, 30defense and I got 97%protection, the mods only take me 1-3 health point. The attack increases too fast, I think it a bug, hope you fix soon. See yah, good luck!

Level 3
I used greedisgood and it does work, don't know what's the problem with your map.. And essence of darkness you just have to pick the item and it will add a skill to your hero.

Level 2
Oh i see u add some things new, but there are some critical mistakes. The potion automatically stacks 100 when I buy, the ring recipes just need one instead of two rings.

Level 9
Can u make the -t work for the secret hero also, just my suggestion. Good luck!

-t command is also working on secret heroes.

Oh i see u add some things new, but there are some critical mistakes. The potion automatically stacks 100 when I buy, the ring recipes just need one instead of two rings.

Okay, ill fix that.

Last edited:
Level 2
Bug: potion doesn't stack, one costs you a space all out of 6 available. The Phoenix does not have a hint for the secret item. Hope you fix soon. P/s: please add some more heroes...

Level 9
Bug: potion doesn't stack, one costs you a space all out of 6 available. The Phoenix does not have a hint for the secret item. Hope you fix soon. P/s: please add some more heroes...

The bug potion that doesn't stack would be fixed in the next version.
Then the Phoenix that does not have a hint for the secret item would be fixed too; But, I will not make an hero for now because i am still concentrated on the bugs and errors in this map and another reason i wouldn't make another hero is because it is very hard to make another hero.

Level 4
priestess of the moon also does not have an omega spell... also, by late game thanks to weaponcraft, the primary stat agility is the lowest of the three... maybe you should make 200% weaponcraft = 1 agi and 1 str or something but its a fun map

Level 1
1. Get 153000 gold.
2. Be social and upgrade castle 50 times.
3. Buy it once more.
4. Smile, because you just got Exp for free :)
5. Repeat step 3. And step 4, because smiling makes the world a little bit brighter!

Level 2
The last time I tried with the Naga champion, somehow the monsters kept losing their health continuously til die, I had the secret hero with me. Don't know yet what causes the problem, hope u find it soon. One more thing is the 3rd skill of the Naga is kinda useless... Good luck!

Level 1
Once played till the last level killed the boss but nothing happened...sometimes the wave doesn't spawn after killing all mobs either....

Level 2
really easy fire mage 1st skill no hot keys
and robots discription skill are 100 % wrong , it is same as weapon smith
really ............

Level 9
Version 2.20 is now released
There is so many changes that I cant type all the changes I have made.
This is the list of major things I made:
Inventory System
Multiboard
Heroes and Bosses
Last wave cinematic
Almost all bugs fixed

Anyway I have disabled the anti cheat triggers due to some bugs and also negative feedbacks.

I hope I would receive feedback and sorry for 1 year no update.

Level 2
Nice map, but sometime the wave just bug and don't end, and you forget one exploit: when the castle reach max level of armor, you can still buy the item to upgrade it, it will give xp for free

Level 2
Alright I'll fix it but I have one question. What wave doesn't end?

it's a bit random, like sometime at the ice boss (wave 40?) it killed himself, or something like that, because we don't see him. Also it may be caused by leaver, one time when we killed a boss in one of the arena, the wave unstuck, and also the revive of these boss may be bugged, I saw the plague master at lich arena after he revived.

Some personnal item need to be balanced, like for the shadow master, the time to get The eye of unknow + 800 kills is after end game, except if there is any swarm wave . . .

One last thing, is the killls bug with the 2nd boss fixed ? I didn't check, but one of his spell make lag and give free kill to red (strangely).

Level 9
it's a bit random, like sometimes at the ice boss (wave 40?) it killed himself, or something like that, because we don't see him. Also it may be caused by leaver, one time when we killed a boss in one of the arena, the wave unstuck, and also the revive of these boss may be bugged, I saw the plague master at lich arena after he revived.

Some personal item needs to be balanced, like for the shadow master, the time to get the eye of unknown + 800 kills is after end game, except if there is any swarm wave . . .

One last thing, is the kills bug with the 2nd boss fixed ? I didn't check, but one of his spell make lag and give free kill to red (strangely).

I think the wave 40 bug is a bit hard to fix, when I try to play it normally works fine, I'll fix that whenever possible.

Yes, I'll balance most of the personal items and the 3 bosses will be fixed on next version.

Level 2
I think the wave 40 bug is a bit hard to fix, when I try to play it normally works fine, I'll fix that whenever possible.

Yes, I'll balance most of the personal items and the 3 bosses will be fixed on next version.

Do you tryed to play with other player ? near end, if you don't have capitalism, you are dead, and there are some way too unbalanced to get it for some, like the item "grand Necklace" or what it's called, too much stats gived + use of the xp bug = end game item fast. Also, just removed the item from the castle when it reach level max, easy fix.

Also, I think that wave bug come from the player who leave in a wave.

Last edited:
Level 9
Do you tryed to play with other player ? near end, if you don't have capitalism, you are dead, and there are some way too unbalanced to get it for some, like the item "grand Necklace" or what it's called, too much stats gived + use of the xp bug = end game item fast. Just removed the item from the castle when it reach level max

Also, I think that wave bug come from the player who leave in a wave.

I know now what is the real problem of the bug, It was the spell of the Ice god where the dummy unit stays for a very long time (100x Frost Nova), that why the wave won't end. Alright that fixed the problem that took me hours to fix it.

Next Version Expected Release: July 4-7, 2013
Version 2.21 released in July 1

Last edited:
Level 2
I know now what is the real problem of the bug, It was the spell of the Ice god where the dummy unit stays for a very long time (100x Frost Nova), that why the wave won't end. Alright that fixed the problem that took me hours to fix it.

Next Version Expected Release: July 4-7, 2013

We can also be stuck at wave 4-6 sometime and other time we can be stuck at wave 45-50, look like it's random, I will do more testing and I will confirm that.

Level 2
Ok, I can confirm that the game is stuck around wave 46 (tested alone) or something like that, and the tower (hero-type one) also make the multi board a bit buggy, and the bonus at end of each wave buggy too. I can confirm that the plague master's respawn is a bit buggy too, I fand him in other boss arena.

If you need the replay, ask me.

Level 9
Ok, I can confirm that the game is stuck around wave 46 (tested alone) or something like that, and the tower (hero-type one) also make the multi board a bit buggy, and the bonus at end of each wave buggy too. I can confirm that the plague master's respawn is a bit buggy too, I fand him in other boss arena.

If you need the replay, ask me.

I see, so the wave glitch is really random. Can you give me your replay please?

Level 4
You can get a lot of gold early on, by buying the the tier 2 ring and selling it. That ring sells for 6000, which is like 3000 more than what it costs to make it.

Level 2
Load of desync with some ability
Also some ability pushed the omega boss out of his arena o_o

Level 2
The last game I played, it was well played, but desync happend again, it look like to be a bit random, and also the game crashed. . . the last version are just broken at the moment

Level 9
I watched your replay, I see in wave 47 glitches. When I see the triggers in this map, It looks fine but I don't know what really causes this problem. Oh, I think that the personal and ultimate of pandaren is too strong, I could balance and fix it. Anyway I'll also fix that desync that you told about.

Level 2
i have bug on the wave the creep have 100% lifesteal which it stop going to the next lv when someone use helm do a aoe convert and trader shop , weapon craft,spell, all crafts , dont add stat after buying

here is a replay of current version of wave 41 which is the 100% lifesteal
and wave 42 = no timer on that

and trader shop have a bit of bugs ( hint on the crafts )

Attachments

• bug.w3g
    317.4 KB · Views: 94
Level 1
i played this map its good but i got a problem, wave 50 does not come, there is no cinematic at all and i just dont know wat to do.......can u fix it?? i played with tauren chieftain........ :(

Level 9
Version 2.22 Updated (Only bug fixes and optimization)
Added -debug command (for wave bug)
Removed doodads (This might fix the wave bug)
Removed the cinematic (because that may be cause of desync)
Fixed Bugs and Leaks
Changed Assassin's Abilities
Fixed Naga's Ulti damage type from chaos to spell.

If you have found any bugs, please post it here.

Level 2
map bug

i told you already the crafts increase from skills or tome shop dont work at all
battle mage are heavy debuff with this bug , try it you will that enchance weapon dont add weapon craft
last post i only say about trader tome shop that all the crafts dont work

Level 1
Wave sometime stuck at random waves like the phoenix or vampire. ( mostly after 40 )
Enchanted diamond sometime turn into peta ( or was it tera ) ring that give 1000 stats.
The games become so easy with Phoenix and Greedy Knight together...
The personal items kind of too weak, normally a hero will be able to get the key after wave 20 or something and there are not enough mob to kill so only one player can get it. Remove the killing requirement and raise cost to 20 diamonds, or just give the items after 400 kills without the need of buying the key.

Level 2
Map is great, but in my opinion wave 35 scorpions are kinda too op, with that poison... And the phoenix wave are kinda impossible : 0 and the hero Robot description are same as Weaponsmith.... But rest is cool i guess, 4.5/5

Level 9
All bugs that are reported will be fixed or changed. Thanks for the bug report.
That wave stuck bug makes me getting pissed for fixing it many times but still it was not yet fixed. This could be a problem...I hope I can fix this problem ASAP.
Anyway did you type -debug button, when you did, did the wave still stuck.

Estimated Next Version Release: 2 or more weeks

Level 1
first of all i like your map, i play single player with it (w/o cheat) its fun to play it,

i just want to know where the 3 question mark to learn about personal item, bcz idk how to get the 2nd and 3rd or idk if it has been removed,

---------------------

and by chance after unlocking the wingbow(or other personal item), the item will drop, sometimes you can just pick it up and by chance it says you cant carry it, specifically during boss farm after i failed during an attempt and drop my personal item after the hero died, so i have to enter again just to get it,

also can you fix blacksmith(beastmaster on wc3 campaign) cleaving doesn't work for him or if it was just a bug, but looking closely while using mask of death, i can see a projectile flying everything time the hero attacks, so i assumed that even he is a melee hero by chance his attack is considered as range, so he is no good with cleaving attack,
str+melee hero that cant use cleaving attack? that's a disaster IMO

can you add a command to force the next wave to be sent skipping the timer(or reduce the timer to 5secs instead of 30secs when the command is set), but the command cannot work if the current wave isn't done yet, i think this could temporarily fix the wave missing while your figuring it out,

i played the support hero sniper, without cheat but im stuck after 4 dragon like bat (brown forgot the name), i waited long enough to figured that either the wave stuck or the game finished without notification, and i also tried -unstuck but it didn't do anything
-----------------------------

i dont see any hidden item using eye of the unknown(bcz of its description says hidden secrets), i thought that there was an invisible unit or item,

i have only played this map single player(like i said) and without cheat,

Last edited:
Level 9
first of all i like your map, i play single player with it (w/o cheat) its fun to play it,

i just want to know where the 3 question mark to learn about personal item, bcz idk how to get the 2nd and 3rd or idk if it has been removed,

---------------------

and by chance after unlocking the wingbow(or other personal item), the item will drop, sometimes you can just pick it up and by chance it says you cant carry it, specifically during boss farm after i failed during an attempt and drop my personal item after the hero died, so i have to enter again just to get it,

also can you fix blacksmith(beastmaster on wc3 campaign) cleaving doesn't work for him or if it was just a bug, but looking closely while using mask of death, i can see a projectile flying everything time the hero attacks, so i assumed that even he is a melee hero by chance his attack is considered as range, so he is no good with cleaving attack,

can you add a command to force the next wave to be sent skipping the timer(or reduce the timer to 5secs instead of 30secs when the command is set), but the command cannot work if the current wave isn't done yet, i think this could temporarily fix the wave missing while your figuring it out,

i played the support hero sniper, without cheat but im stuck after 4 dragon like bat (brown forgot the name), i waited long enough to figured that either the wave stuck or the game finished without notification, and i also tried -unstuck but it didn't do anything

i dont see any hidden item using eye of the unknown(bcz of its description says hidden secrets), i thought that there was an invisible unit or item,

Wow, what a long post, thanks for the feedback and I'll fix it soon enough.

Level 2

---------------------

Try play co-op with friend, its really awesome, I remember first time, when my friend picked greed guy, and feed me with diamonds :ogre_haosis:

Level 9
Version 2.23 Updated
Added 1 Hero Death Knight
Added 1 Purchasable unit Gods Titan
Reworked Fire and Elemental Mage Spells
Fixed Weaponsmith's Attack
Fixed Star Shower spell damage
Nerfed wave 42 phoenix
More Balances
Fixed few tooltip errors

If you have found any bugs or any suggestions, please post it here.

Level 2
The Death Knights -damage aura is a little bugged. It says -50/100/150/200, but no matter what it always removes 100% damage from enemies. Makes you and your buildings (and workers, if any) immune to physical damage as long as you are nearby. :p