• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple? model edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hail to the Hive,

how would i make any given model rotate like the tome items in default wc3?

- i found that the data responsible for rotation is stored in the bone-> rotation fields of magos, like
7667: { 0.047606, 0, 0.0123121, -0.99879 }
the first number should be the event time, but how to manipulate the latter for a smooth effect?
- copying the values from the default tomes and pasting them into another model doesn't do the trick.

I tried messing around with the values, to no avail.
Do i have to import the model into gmax and edit it thoroughly?

Level 21
But the default model "starting location" doesn't even have a Global Sequence, still it rotates.

Can't seem to replicate this seemingly simple rotation tho :/

Level 30
But the default model "starting location" doesn't even have a Global Sequence, still it rotates.

Can't seem to replicate this seemingly simple rotation tho :/

This is different. Blizzard did this, because the 'starting location' has no other animation than 'Stand'.

The Book's of Wisdom/Strengh/Intelegence have a global sequence, because they have more animation than simply 'Stand'.

They have 'Birth', 'Stand' and 'Death'.

Level 21
Okay so the rotation now works, but the model disappears after 300 milliseconds.
I suspect it does so, because its stand animation was that length before editing.

Can i increase it with magos? Editing the sequence manager accordingly doesn't help.

back at it again:
I found out what's wrong by importing the model into GMAX(+Neodex addon). Animation visibility time was reduced drastically and simply increasing that solved the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.