Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Should I put my resources back up?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Nestharus, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There is a precedent. Consider hosted projects. You can just as easily have hosted coders. I am against both this and hosted projects in general.

Furthermore, it is against policy to bundle resources. It has always been one resource per thread. The Helper wanted me to bundle all Lua resources. I asked how this was any different from bundling all vJASS resources.

Furthermore, the approval process of such bundlea is nigh impossible. What happens if someone else writes data structures? This leads us to the argument for sub-sections, like data structures, data management, game events, and so on. These arguments were held long ago, but nothing came of them.

Judging by the negativity here, I think it would be best if I continue to stay away from the community. My prior conclusion was that the cost of having me here outweighed the benefits. This still seems to stand. I am not one that likes to bring about continuous harm to a community, which is why I took the stuff down in the first place. If my being here is just going to result in fighting, it's best if I just stay away.

Thank you everyome for letting me know.

2. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    yes, one thread per one resource. But in no way is one function with 60 sets to one array a fully valid resource. It could've just been one function inside the one and only resource that used it.

As IcemanBo said, this thread is silly, its only up to you if you decide to put your stuff back in, noone can stop you, but not many will climb your ass to do so either(some may, so thats why I said not many)

3. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I did not want to attack you, to convince you not to come back. Really.
    As I said I some of your stuff is really useful and I would anjoy to see it back, but not this way via public "begging".
    Please don't make some of us resposible, if you share your stuff on THW or not. So even if you also felt now negative feedback of me, it's no excuse/reason for sharing/not sharing your submissions.

4. Laiev

Laiev

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The only problem that I see, exist just because Nes has a habit to make everything a discussion, he want to talk about everything, he want to argument about everything, and some people really dislike it.

I understand both sides, but I don't see how been negativity will help in a solution at all.

Nestharus, just do what you want, wanna do a test to see how people will react? Do it, start with UnitIndexer, one of the biggest thread. But as IcemanBo said, it's not a negative feedback, and it's not our decision.

Just Don't Do This, PLEASE.
    Code (vJASS):
    *   */ uses /*
    *       */
    WorldBounds          /*
    *       */
    Init                 /*
    *       */
    AllocQ               /*
    *       */
    ErrorMessage         /*
    *       */
    StaticUniqueList     /*
    *       */
    UnitIndexerSettings  /*
    *       */
    Trigger              /*

Make all of them optional, most of people didn't care about WorldBounds, Init (wtf? a library for Init?), ErrorMessage and a Setting as library.

5. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't see any problem if they're useful but seem to 'flood' the JASS forum.

6. skelguardian

skelguardian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreeeeeeeeed. come back brobeans

7. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If jass resources are useful and approvable, the jass section is right the place they belong too.
    Then... just "flood" the section with useful resources. I don't have a problem with it. But an important point here is "useful".

8. Laiev

Laiev

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Better.

9. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Simply this act of asking for it makes you seem very pitiful to me.
    (Saying you're gone and all, but still come crawling back like a Junkie off his dope)

I don't think anyone was missing any resource here, or am I wrong?

Maybe submit a good map for once? That would be better!

10. Tirlititi

Tirlititi

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm not part of THW community anymore since a long time.

But you, Nestharus, are a poor self-centered man. What you are doing here is plain arrogance. You are blackmailing the whole community for accepting your standards, nothing less.

If you really wanted something else than satisfying your own ego, you would have let the community appropriate itself your resources. You would have let it manage itself the sorting of your resources - what is fine, what could be reviewed and what can be removed -.
    Instead, you removed everything and then ask if the community got a lesson from it?

You're sick.

11. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sheesh there is too much spouting of overthinkTION here;

Nestharus, your work was interesting I'm disappointed that you took it down but for more on the matter your profile is "hidden?" It's rather annoying for someone whom uploads their code with a blocked-like profile that's a bit shady.

For someone who shared their work (Nestharus) it's completely your decision on what you want to do with it after all it's your free time & code there's always room to fill for improvements, if people don't want to use it in anyway shape or form then they need to shut the front door because some of us actually leave it open. It's free, I found them useful, no complaints necessary. The replys at hive never change at being completely irrelevant to the topic honestly save your breath. I can understand why you would remove your resources one way or the other we all make stupid decisions, reality check please!

To conclude the topic it was a tad bit silly but I've seen your work & I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

12. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pretty amusing thread I must say.

@Nestharus, you decided to put down your stuff. Only you can decide to put it up again.
    It's not like the world stopped turning while they were gone. For some people it could be definitely helpful. But for gods sake, try making a map instead of fine tuning systems that might never be used.

13. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Reached a conclusion awhile back on page 2 ^_-. Put this quote into the first post as well.

Thanks again all.

14. Do you force your resources to use your Unit Indexer? Because I want to use the Perfect Unit Indexer :(

Code (vJASS):
    function GetUnitId takes unit u returns integer
        return GetUnitUserData(u)
    endfunction

Yeah, this tells me you give all the units index. Cohadar's solution only gives index for the units you need the index for.

15. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is that... a wrapper? :eek:

16. No, that is Cohadar>>Nestharus

Just kidding, but I only need resurrect event and the only res. event I found is in nes' unit event, but the requirement chains make me post 10k lines of code for just one event,

could someone link me to lightweight unit revive event? Basically I need to know when hero is alive again, ready to trigger the DeathEvent.

17. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is, if you're referring to the GetUnitId function.