• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should I play WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I started it, liked it, and stopped as soon as i found out i was just doing the same over and over again.

WoW needs more stuff which you can do without having to do it.

Well, I can play with my classmates... If you've ever hanged out with a human being, you'd know that you can do alot of things ;)

I play WoW also, just joking with the no-life thing :p

yeah, people, even the ones who plays, does that often :-\

Level 8
WoW is fun if you are playing with nice people and guild which is my case. Try it, you won't lose much as people say, addiction depends on how you describe it. Some people are competetive and like to put in more time into it and that's not getting addicted. Players aren't all lifeless, only the addicts are lifeless.

Level 6
just do it... i don't like wow but we all wanted to try it just like you do, most of us did and to tell you the truth most people thought it was fun for a bit but... lets just say you don't want to play it for more than an hour or two a week because if you play it too much you get really bored or just flat out addicted.

Level 34
In the beginning, it's fun, like any other game... but after a month of playing World of Warcraft, you become addicted and play that game for... not for fun, you play it because you must... when I played it, all my grades at school were bad and I (almost) had no friends... THANK GOD I got rid of that hell!! It's same as with cigarettes (even though I never tried)... you just smoke one because of you're curious, and then another one... another, another, another... and you become an addict... cigarettes kill people, World of Warcraft destroy people... World of Warcraft is one of the best role playing games that I've played... but real life is is even better one (but it's not a game)... so don't try playing it... my suggestion. There are million games better that you can play, but not addictive! When I used to play World of Warcraft, I used to wake up, early in morning... maybe four hours before my school starts, just so I could finish some Dungeon, and get my gear... during my play, if someone bothers me, I yell at them! My meaning of life was "I want to play wow, I want to play wow"... I used to play World of Warcraft, hm... about 8 hours a day...? Yeah, something like that... maybe even more. And it also cost a lot of money... I spent like... 750€ together...

Meaning of all this: Don't play WoW, don't even try.

EDIT:
You could always try it for amonth or such.
Don't...

2. EDIT: this can happen to you if you play WoW too much...

Level 24
If you get addicted, you are just weak minded fool and nothing more. Your real life friends must also be shitty if they leave you alone just because you played WoW, that kind of friends are just morons in the first place.

Seriously, I have played WoW for over 3 years and I'm only playing it cause it's fun, not because I need to get my epic gear lol. Ofc it becomes boring sometimes and I don't play it for days, but that is how it won't loose it's touch.

Level 2
If you get addicted, you are just weak minded fool and nothing more. Your real life friends must also be shitty if they leave you alone just because you played WoW, that kind of friends are just morons in the first place.

Seriously, I have played WoW for over 3 years and I'm only playing it cause it's fun, not because I need to get my epic gear lol. Ofc it becomes boring sometimes and I don't play it for days, but that is how it won't loose it's touch.
/sign
I have to acclaim X.e.r.e.X.
I have played WoW as it comes out. I played it for about a year and then stopped playing it. I didnt got addicted to WoW even its a really great game.
Two month ago i restartet playing WoW and im still not addicted at all.
If u like Mmorpgs there isnt a better game yet, but u shouldn´t forget that it costs money. Although u could play on a private WoW server. They didnt cost anything and have sometimes higher rates so you dont need to level that long.

Level 12
The thing I really did not like about WoW is that I never felt involved with the story (not that it has much story). Let me spell this out for you. I started playing World of Warcraft. The character-making process looks great. The graphics are great. The environments are great. I walk up to the first quest-give, resplendent in his heavy armor. What could my sacred charge, as a player of this game, be? Am I to bring an end to the Shadow Lord, destroy the Legion, defeat the opposing faction (Alliance or Horde). I click on him and he says, "kill 7 bears for me and I'll give you some gloves." I quickly discovered that almost every quest (at least the lower-level ones) was like this. Kill however many so-and-so's, bring me however many of some bodily part of aforementioned so-and-so's. Also, I learned that only after taking all that excruciating time to get yourself to a high level, do the quests get even a little better. And still, you aren't doing anything that will change the history of Warcraft. The enemies all respawn. Other players do the exact same thing as you, over and over again. So...

Pros:
Good gameplay, nice with the ability to team up with people.
Good environments. If you explore a bit, you'll see just how cool the different places are. Often times I'd just say hell with the normal quests, hitch a ride on a Goblin zeppelin and travel around sightseeing.
Okay character development. There are some things about this that weren't the best. You have to buy spells in the nearest town to get them, but Blizzard still made it so that every character can be unique.

Cons:
Terrible storyline. Really, if you like continuity with storylines and you like feeling like your part of the story, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!
Lame quests. Most quests during the course of this game are seriously boring. The rewards aren't that good either.

All in all, if you like teamwork (I'm more of a soloist myself), and don't mind lame storyline and quests, this could probably work for you. Never mind the stuff about getting addicted to it. Sure, I've seen people I know get addicted to it, and eventually have their parents limit the amount of time they spend on it. But they get addicted to it because they find it fun and challenging. If you are someone who likes games where your character does help push the story forward, I repeat, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!

(Then again, my highest level character only ever got up to level 17.)

Level 12
Its MMORPG.. How can millions of players fit into one story? ><

You ever played Pirates of the Caribbean Online? It's not as good as WoW, and the pace is much slower, but at least, with each and every character, you feel like you're doing something that pushes the storyline forward. You're assembling the crew of the Black Pearl to go and try to defeat Davy Jones or whatever.

Level 17? You really think that they let you kill gods and have epic loot at that level? This game has many good story quests, but they are usually looong chain quests and obtained at higher levels.

No, I do not think they let you kill gods at that level. My point was that it takes way to long to get to really epic levels (unless you spend all day playing, which I would never have time for in my wildest dreams. I mean, it took me a month just to get to level 17). I've seen other people play with their Epic Characters, and it looks fun, but, frankly, I'm not gonna let myself endure stuff like hunting wolves for their meat for an eternity just so I can get myself some good quests.

This is only my opinion. WoW is like a rainbow. Everyone sees it differently. My advice for people who aren't sure if they should play WoW is to try it out, and see what they really think of it. If you don't like it (as I did), don't play it. If you do, go ahead and play it.

Level 11
If I could I would play WoW.

I am not afraide of losing social life. I lost it long time ago when I discovered computer and internet :D

Level 2
I got to say something! x) since I played it since closed beta of wow.

If ur gonna play it make sure everything else comes first, wow is JUST a GAME.
If you start skipping food, talking/hanging with your friends in real life, if you start beign easily angry, if you see that if you r in a guild its more important to be a loyal member to their raid times and such before everything else in THE real life.

If you start using wow as an exuse to do other things.
If you think of wow in times where you should think of work/friends/skool etc

Make sure you can leave the game when ever, and be sure you can say ill play dfor 1,5h and then im gonna do other things and then without thinking of wow and how important it is for you to come to a raid or doing a "BIG" quest.

wow is time consuming and higly addictive. watch out and also hear me!
-It's an ANGRY world out there!

[ how did I leave wow? I was the most addictive person you can imagine, I'm like one of those crazy ones playing wow today ;P, well I exchanged the addict from wow to something else (im not gonna say what :$) ] :)

(skool is not a typ from me, i just find it eeasy writing it like that ;))
Hugs and kisses! :D

Level 2
I played WoW for 4 years now...It's been a great game but the addiction to this game made me have bad grades at school.If you go to school I don't think you should play this game.

Level 19
If you think you can maintain control while playing it it's okay. But you gotta be aware that it's very addicting even though some people may deny it. If you start playing it you will find yourself spending more and more time leveling up your character and less time with other activities.

So once again. If you can maintain control I guess it's okay. I have played it, but I quit when the new game came out, I wanted to do other things lol. It's a very good game though, but at some points it lacks variation. xD

Level 5
I think I agree with Megafyr. I have also played it but only on private servers (shh). It was cool enough. However if your only argument for playing it is that your school has tried it, you shouldn't. I would do some research and watch some movies about the game before deciding to play it.

Level 8
If you decide to play wow I say start on some pre-bc private server, there are some nice ones out there that was similar to pre-bc. And then maybe play a BC server then just by a wow wotlk account. Cause leveling is homosexual and thats when you start devoting all your life to wow.

Level 34
If you plan on playing on a private server, no. If you plan on actually paying for your game, I'd go ahead and try it. Of course you can get the demo first, and see if you like it.

It is an overly addictive game, be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.