• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shops: how do I hide the Stock number, Change User, some other things too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making artificially intelligent heroes. To the player the units will be just shops, with buttons representing the interface. So I want to hide:

• Stock of items number: I want the stock number not to show, and yet be able purchase it infinite times. (It will be consumed when acquired)
  • Change User icon: I want that blue arrow-circle thing (Choose User) that shows at the bottom right (3, 2) to disappear.
Thanks in advance!
More questions will come...

Last edited:
Level 5
Instead of making it an item, make the shop sell a unit and with triggers delete the unit and create item and give it to purchasing unit. You will have to make the unit that it sells look exactly like the item. It's kinda like a dummy purchase.

To get rid of your second question, copy the abilities of a merc shop. It should get rid of the "select unit" icon.

I hope this makes sense. If not ask away I'll be here a while.

Level 9
It really does...but. Are you sure that that's the only way to remove the charge thing? DotA made that with the recipes. Do you think they are units instead of items?

P.S I managed to remove the 'Select User' icon.

- Is it so important? Anyways in DotA you gain control of the building when you select it, so my guess would be abilities. I have no other idea how to make it..

The reason why I am using it is quite uncommon. I'm making a map where the heroes act by theirselves. You can't give them commands, you can only hire/fire them and give them some quests.
So the heroes belong to another player, still having the same color as the 'owner'. But these units, which you don't own, won't show anything in the button panel. I want to show some icons.
1 - will be an information tooltip, describing the hero class.
2 - will be a disband option, to fire the hero.
3 - will be a hiring option. If the hero doesn't belong to you, and its loyalty is low, you can offer some money so he/she joins you.
4 - will be a carried gold tootip. It will show how many gold the hero is carrying. (It can be rather based on the stock value, or a variable upgrade tooltip, I dunno how yet)
5-12 - from 5 to 12 it will show the hero's abilities (as PASBTN's), just for the owner/buying player to know what abilities did this hero learn

I chose to add sold items to them as a way to show these icons. When the item is bought, I can manage it through triggers.

Do you have any idea of how to do it?

Level 9
- The idea is original and mayby never tried. I suppose you have tested it, at least partly, right?

- Sorry, but I have no solution for your problem with my current knowledge. Have you thought of trying another way to inform the player? There are many simpler ways, but you can try using a dummy unit with abilities doing the same work. Also you can merge the Hire/Fire action into one ability, using a variable of yes/no. That would give you a free slot for a Select Hero or Go To Hero ability.

Level 9
The reason why I am using it is quite uncommon. I'm making a map where the heroes act by theirselves. You can't give them commands, you can only hire/fire them and give them some quests.
So the heroes belong to another player, still having the same color as the 'owner'. But these units, which you don't own, won't show anything in the button panel. I want to show some icons.
1 - will be an information tooltip, describing the hero class.
2 - will be a disband option, to fire the hero.
3 - will be a hiring option. If the hero doesn't belong to you, and its loyalty is low, you can offer some money so he/she joins you.
4 - will be a carried gold tootip. It will show how many gold the hero is carrying. (It can be rather based on the stock value, or a variable upgrade tooltip, I dunno how yet)
5-12 - from 5 to 12 it will show the hero's abilities (as PASBTN's), just for the owner/buying player to know what abilities did this hero learn

I chose to add sold items to them as a way to show these icons. When the item is bought, I can manage it through triggers.

Do you have any idea of how to do it?

Sounds like majesty 2?ever played that game?

Level 12
About the stock thing I don't think you can vanish the number but you can make the stocks infinite and the item to be immediately consumed.
Set the cooldown to the minimum and the stock number to whatever. The item should be based on some sort of tome, like tome of strength/agi/intel,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.