• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave which stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have searched for a forum of this topic.

I played a game call glaivers or near it, and I want to make a game close to it but i have some trouble where my I want my shockwave to stop when it hits an object... Is there a way so I can make it stop when it hits a doodad, object or unit? If triggers are needed, please keep the triggers simple. (I am awful at triggers).

Level 17
Well, you are going to need triggers, that's for sure.
You have to make it by dummy unit. I think you could make a unit with a dummy immolation ability move forward to the target location. When any unit comes into its range destroy the dummy unit. Or you could trigger the whole damage thing, but that would require more triggering and I suspect you hate triggers.

By the way. You could use existing archer systems from the spells section. You should just switch the arrow model to a shockwave model.

Level 4
Well, you are going to need triggers, that's for sure.
You have to make it by dummy unit. I think you could make a unit with a dummy immolation ability move forward to the target location. When any unit comes into its range destroy the dummy unit. Or you could trigger the whole damage thing, but that would require more triggering and I suspect you hate triggers.

By the way. You could use existing archer systems from the spells section. You should just switch the arrow model to a shockwave model.

Uh. First I don't know what is a dummy unit, and second I can't find the archer system.
P.S. I wouldn't know how to install it into my map also. Power of the uber noob map maker?

Level 7
Unit casts a blank ability targeting a point, create dummy at position of casting unit facing point of ability, add last dummy made to a unit group. Then in another trigger, Every 0.00-0.10(to modify part of the speed) seconds, pick every unit in unit group and move them instantly to a point with polar offset using facing angle of picked unit. than check if there is any units in the aoe you want around bullet, than damage them and kill/remove dummy.

in a nutshell... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.