• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shocking Wave Aura and Variations

It is really shocking.

The icon or the model is made by The Panda

Give me credit when used.

Edit as you wish.

Update: added death animation

thanks to biridius for the nice updates! And the in-game screenshots

Update 27.11.22: Added 16 new aura models: Energy, Fat Glow, Lightning, Magic Sentry, Snow Flake, Sparkle, Weak Waves,Chaotic Star, Curly Smoke, Death Scream, Glass Walking, Mad, Mana Drain, Troll Symbol, Very Fat, Tri Rune

03/12/22: removed unused textures from some models. All models have slight rotation fix on Y and Z axis, and Z height fix.

update 06/06/23: 3 more aura added
Previews
Contents

BTNShockingAura (Icon)

Chaotic Star (Model)

Chaotic Star Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Curly Smoke Aura (Model)

Curly Smoke Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Dark summon Aura (Model)

Dark Summon Aura No Team Color (Model)

Death Screeam Aura (Model)

Death Screeam Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Dust Aura (Model)

Dust aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Energy Aura (Model)

Energy Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Fat Glow Aura (Model)

Fat Glow Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Flare Aura (Model)

Flare aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Frosty Frost Aura (Model)

Frosty frost aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Generic Shiny Glow Aura (Model)

Generic shiny glow aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Glass Walking Aura (Model)

Glass Walking Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Indication Aura (Model)

Indication aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Light Wave Aura (Model)

Light wave aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Lightning Aura (Model)

Lightning Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Mad Aura (Model)

Mad Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Maelstrom Aura (Model)

Maelstrom aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Magic Sentry Aura (Model)

Magic Sentry Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Mana Drain Aura (Model)

Mana Drain Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Mana Out Aura (Model)

Mana Out Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Shining Aura (Model)

Shining aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Shining Square Aura (Model)

Shining square aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Shiny Star Aura (Model)

Shiny star aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Shocking Wave Aura (Model)

Shocking wave aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Skull Aura (Model)

Skull Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Snow Flake Aura (Model)

Snow Flake Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Sparkle Aura (Model)

Thunder Wave Aura (Model)

Thunder wave aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Tornado Aura (Model)

Tornado aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Tri Rune Aura (Model)

Tri Rune Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Troll Symbol Aura (Model)

Water Wave Aura (Model)

Water wave aura, no teamcolor (Model)

Weak Waves Aura (Model)

Weak Waves Aura No Teamcolor (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very fine, very comprehensive set of auras. Simple, but very well executed. Good job on the team work.
Level 23
Interesting experiment in trying to recreate particle emitters with bones but unfinished. One of the benefits is that particles don't scale with the model but bones do.
I think the bone animations should be in different equidistant phases, creating a more consistant movement, rather than all expanding at once and then staying still until the animation resets.
Also you should animate the transparency so that the circles fade out when reaching the edges, instead of abruptly vanishing.

Here's my attempt (the transparency animation looks incorrect in Magos but correct in SanityTester):

Attachments

• MassacrePhased.mdx
    4.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Interesting experiment in trying to recreate particle emitters with bones but unfinished. One of the benefits is that particles don't scale with the model but bones do.
I think the bone animations should be in different equidistant phases, creating a more consistant movement, rather than all expanding at once and then staying still until the animation resets.
Also you should animate the transparency so that the circles fade out when reaching the edges, instead of abruptly vanishing.

Here's my attempt (the transparency animation looks incorrect in Magos but correct in SanityTester):
woow dude, very nice job!
wanna repalce it here and add you as co-author?

Level 23
I think there should be a better death animation instead of just disappearing, and the waves should be more explosive, rapidly expanding first and then slowing down. I too feel it's a bit barren, what's your vision for this model stan0033? Maybe add a glow radiating upwards or something.

Attachments

• MassacrePhased.mdx
    5 KB · Views: 17

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

The thunder wave aura could use some work, doesn't really like a thunder wave aura. Aside from that, the rest of the auras are useful indeed!

Level 3
these are awesome is there a way to make them appear underneath the models? I was using life regeneration aura to apply them

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
these are awesome is there a way to make them appear underneath the models? I was using life regeneration aura to apply them
Models have attachment points (at least most do) that can be referenced when applying Art to them -> Origin, Chest, Head, Overhead, Weapon, Hand,Left, Hand,Right, etc.

Underneath the model is called it's "origin", you can see most Aura abilities refer to this in their Art - Target field. You can use an ability like Devotion Aura as a frame of reference to better understand how to customize your Auras. Note that not every Model will have every attachment point and not every Ability will allow you to customize it's Art the way you'd like.

Last edited:
Models have attachment points (at least most do) that can be referenced when applying Art to them -> Origin, Chest, Head, Overhead, Weapon, Hand,Left, Hand,Right, etc.

Underneath the model is called it's "origin", you can see most Aura abilities refer to this in their Art - Target field. You can use an ability like Devotion Aura as a frame of reference to better understand how to customize your Auras. Note that not every Model will have every attachment point and not every Ability will allow you to customize it's Art the way you'd like.
Maybe he wants to put the aura under the map.

It's like the zbuffer for me; the model isn't being drawn above it or whatever so it looks like this
View attachment 414584
Hmm. Maybe the models are not centered... EDIT: No, it's centered.

EDIT 2: Interesting, I don't know how to fix this.

EDIT 3: @Spliffurt Ah, ah, ah... The tags on the materials "no depth set" and "no depth set" should be unchecked. Damn. I will update all models.

EDIT 4: All models are updated.

Last edited:
Level 9
There is no Team Color for Water Wave Aura, please check! biridius, stan0033

I captured images of all variations in your pack. I think we should put them (image file of each artwork) in each folder. Thought it might help for easier vision tracking when your folders swarmed by thousands of WC3 resources that there is no thumbnail from them for your explorer show.

Attachments

• JPGs of Shocking Wave Aura & Variations.rar
    2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
There is no Team Color for Water Wave Aura, please check! biridius, stan0033

I captured images of all variations in your pack. I think we should put them (image file of each artwork) in each folder. Thought it might help for easier vision tracking when your folders swarmed by thousands of WC3 resources that there is no thumbnail from them for your explorer show.
You can use the 3D viewer of the site to see which is which.

Team color for Water Wave Aura has been fixed.