1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

shendu.blp

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
wow i never knew i would finish this. basically a firemage. so what more can i say? he's a mage that has fire powers >.<

give credits to me when you use it. icon will be coming if it will be approved

Keywords:
fire, mage, chinese, magus, beho
Contents

Shendu; The Fire Shaman (Texture)

Reviews
08:52, 19th May 2011 shiiK: Undeleted by request. 08:55, 26th Sep 2010 shiiK: A few things I'd like you to fix before I approve this, read the review linked below. Detailed Review
  1. 08:52, 19th May 2011
    shiiK: Undeleted by request.

08:55, 26th Sep 2010
    shiiK: A few things I'd like you to fix before I approve this, read the review linked below.

Detailed Review

2. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    BTW, i'm having second thoughts of keeping the fire on his head....

3. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like the cape, but maybe make his skin a little lighter?

4. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    lol even more corrupted blood elf

5. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:

i darkened it so that the eyes will stand out more
    so is the fire on his head okay??

6. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    errrr......not really >:p It looks kinda strange.......

7. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    m'kay better change it

8. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Extensive review:

* Shading
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're not taking sunlight into consideration when you shade your skins, and that makes them seem flat. I encourage you to use more shadow, especially on parts that won't get any sunlight at all.

* Colour
    The colours by themselves look fine, but together they dominate rather than contemplate each other. Your pale yellow dragon, on the cape, looks like a disturbance on the pale grey background. I suggest you make the cape significantly darker, perhaps a red-brown colour (darker than that of the border). The brown colour on his breastplate (and other select pieces of armour) looks horrible, either get rid of it or substitute it for a stronger colour, I think black would look good.

His face is very pale, it makes him look dead. I don't think that's what you're aiming for, so I suggest you try to give it more of a glow. Look at people's faces, see how the highlights and colours make them stand out. The idea of him being slightly dark-skinned is not a bad idea, but it shouldn't mean he can't have more than one colour. Try to add some red for his cheeks and around the nose, apply slightly green and purple tones to the shadows.

* Concept
    Once again, you're sporting a unit fully packed in armour, while only the face pops out of it. Your character will look more believable if the armour is designed in a way that allows him to move, clothes should be visible - especially around his hips. Otherwise a decent concept altogether.

* Detail
    Lots of nice details going on here, although the detail level (ie intricacy of detail) could be higher and some of the armour could use a more visible texture. The cape is very smooth, I think it would look better if you tried to make it look like fabric.

I like the beard and moustache on his face, but that shadow on his chin, is that supposed to be a scar? It looks very odd, and it's hard to decide whether it's shading (and if it is, it's misplaced), a tattoo or a scar. Scars tend to look silly on mirrored faces, so I suggest avoiding those. Also, where his goatee (or what you'd call it) ends, there's a shadow indicating a lip that isn't there - which brings me to questioning his awfully slim underlip. It looks like he's struggling to keep his mouth shut, concealing something.

The grey trims going through the team-coloured area of his shoulder armour looks odd, you should either make them stand out more (as trims) with a shadow around them, or remove the white so that it looks like the armour overlaps.

The flame around his neck looks pretty cool in the UW, unfortunately, a solid flame doesn't really look good on a model. If you want his head to be burning, I suggest you either make a minor model-edit to add a fire particle there, and attach the model to a comment (you can link to it form the description), or you can suggest people attach a fire effect with triggers in-game.

* Wrap
    Nothing major to complain about here, there's a piece that looks odd on his back; that little piece of darker brown below the trim. I don't know if you can alpha it out, but if you can't, I suggest you move the trim just a little to get rid of it. The same problem occurs on the top of the same piece (as it's mirrored). There's red on the tip of his eyebrow, you should get rid of that. I also think you should adjust the size of your dragon (on the cape) so that it doesn't get cut off everywhere but in the front.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  9. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i'll delete it temporarily, since shiik gave the review, i'll update it next week. i will be busy in univ this week, ciao