• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sharpshooter Online v1.20b

Sharpshooter Online [v1.20b]

Sharpshooter Online is a team based first person shooter capable of being played with friends. Arrow keys and WASD are treated as if using a joystick rather than a mouse for aiming. Experience sharpshooting from a rifleman's eye in this remote mountain range war zone. Dominate your opponents by blending in with your environment and snipe them down one by one from extreme ranges. May the strongest team win, game ends after one team reaches 25 or 50 kills.

maps_16804_preview.jpg

Download
Sharpshooter Online v1.20b

Created by xXx-Tricky-xXx, additional credit to Uareanoob, Moronicizer, and Azur3wrath for all of their helpful contributions to the creation of this map.​

Remember to vote, rate this map if you like it!

Updates:

Sharpshooter Online v1.20b Release

• Vast majority of changes and new additions, and will be noted at a later time.

Sharpshooter Online Beta v1.1 Release

• Knife ability has been tweaked and now also appropriately plays secondary sound when stabbed.

• Grenade explosion timing has been shortened by 1 sec.

• Tower steps are now aligned correctly, directly approach them to climb up.

• Game will now end after a team reaches a score of 50 with 6-10 players including computers, and a score of 25 with 1-5 players followed by a short victory and defeat cinematic.

• Health bars have been removed, and no longer appear on your screen.

• A few miscellaneous tweaks and fixes.

Features:

• Fully functional movement system via 'Arrow Keys'.
  • Complete scope and movement view rotation via 'W'A'S'D'.
  • Dynamic shooting of head, chest, and leg body detection.
  • Destructible environment including barrels, trees, and walls.
  • Misc abilities such as knife, grenade, and sprint.

Additional Information:

• Arrow keys will move you around while W'A'S'D keys rotate your view.
  • To shoot press (T), but make sure you have remaining ammunition.
  • When you run out of ammunition the reload ability will appear. By pressing (R), you will begin reloading your weapon.
  • Pressing (S) will enable you to move faster until pressed again or when your breath runs out below your health.
  • When someone is too close to shoot, knife them! By pressing (E), you will attempt a fast and painful slash.
  • To throw a grenade, press (G), but remember you only have a few. Grenades are very useful for destroying building walls as well as players.
  • The aim feature is a magnified scope that appears when you press (A). You will not be able to move, but you can simply exit the mode by pressing (A) again.
  • The sensitivity control with the given camera icon will increase or decrease your aiming sensitivity. By first pressing (Q), three abilities slow(Q), medium(W), and fast(E) are given. These may be simultaneously pressed to prevent interruption of tweaking. Combinations are as followed: (Q-Q), (Q-W), (Q-E).
Most of all, have fun... It may be hard at first, but once you get the hang of the controls it gets easier.

Important:

Sharpshooter Online is currently a beta, therefore is not final and subject to change and be updated. I'm uploading this here due to many people wanting it even though I did not consider it near good enough quality to release yet and quit working on it for some time, but better now then never. Since it is currently in the very early stage, no more than 3-4 players will be able to play in a stable manor until a later time. Feel free to try more, but you will notice a large frame rate loss. Remember, this map is in no way perfect, it will have many bugs and issues. Anyone who wants the unprotected version due to curiosity or the interest of editing the map may email me at [email protected] or just private message me here on the forums. Unprotected version for everyone once I clean up the triggers to be editable, someone else may have to fix the lag issues. Feel free to comment about any bugs or suggestions.​

• It is also recommended host use List Checker, Dota Client, or any type of third party Lan program for better response time.

Screenshots:

28368406dt8.jpg
79819351nf6.jpg
69142978pr4.jpg
37816407tq5.jpg
54697642tz4.jpg
48297434qt6.jpg
77567798bb5.jpg

Keywords:
sniper, fps, shoot, first person shooter, first, person, shooter, warcraft, 3, wc3, scope, gun, shooting
Contents

Sharpshooter Online v1.20b (Map)

Reviews
22:51, 25th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: After I had played this map it left me in shock. I was amazed by its brilliance. This is a basic FPS conversion into a warcraft map. The games command are a bit slow and that remains a problem, however it...
Level 2
very impressed with this map xD

but at the moment i found 1 glitch ( i dono whether someone else has reported this )

by pressing W,A,S,D can move your view right?
However, if u spam W or S, u can make your whole unit up side down.

Level 3
Tricky! Wow, you were way way way further ahead of me than I thought when we were talking about FPS back in August. Of course, you were using terrain deformation while I was using normal (and slightly abnormal lol zepir) methods of terraining. I had people tell me terrain deformation would make things easier in regards to camera height stuff, but damn my stubborn nature, I wanted to make a camera that could adapt to any terrain. I almost got it working, but there are certain spots in some terrains that cause it to accumulate errors like crazy and bounce the camera around.

The terrain looks beautiful, I love those elevation units! And those water doodads!!! Did you make them?

I was going to put your camera through the same terrain torture tests I used to put my camera through, until I noticed the terrain deformation triggers. The torture test would probably wreck things big time. But still, beautiful! Good for you on using terrain deformation when I wouldn't. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Would you mind if I play around the with the camera's angle of attack? I won't post anything, of course unless I have your permission. No promises of productivity, though, my FPS has been abandoned for almost a year!

Level 8
I haven't updated this map in a long time, but I had come up with a terrain fix for the camera that allows any kind of elevation or cliffs made in the map editor. it was actually just a slight alteration of a function someone came up with a long time ago.

you can do whatever you want with the map since i left it open but i would suggest changing the height to using this function instead if you want a flexible all terrain adapting camera. i have actually considered working on a Sharpshooter Online 2.0 that will be completely revamp of the map in that it will be a third person camera system like over the shoulder and it will be based more on upgrading your weapon to your type of game style with items and such as well as it being based on a complete jungle/forest type map with a lot of environment.

JASS:
function SetCameraZ takes player whichPlayer, real z returns nothing
    if ( GetLocalPlayer() == whichPlayer ) then
    set z = GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET)+z-GetCameraTargetPositionZ()
    call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET,z,- 0.01)
    call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET,z,0.01)
    endif
endfunction

Level 3
Yes, that function looks very similar to what I use except you set/correct your camera's z twice. I am guessing setting it with a negative duration then a positive one achieves some neat effect. I always forget about the possibility of using negative numbers when fiddling with stuff.

Doing over the shoulder is going to be very easy, since Blizzard designed their camera controls to do 3rd person. In fact, it's already been done in TAK Paintball if I remember right TAK Paintball V.2.0.5 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com . I haven't played the newest version so I don't know if they have the upgrade your weapons thing. I think the last game I observed was in v1.x.x and now its in v2.0.5.

If you added the over the shoulder camera as a camera mode in the current game it would be a nice feature

Level 8
I didn't create that function, i meant just the way i am using it is a bit different but that function above is going to fix the camera smoothing from elevation almost completely. even from extremely high or low hills or extremely high or low cliffs, it still seems to work just fine. i might have played the paint ball map you are talking about, not really sure but here is kind of an example of my TPS system. this video is somewhat an earlier stage of it, but for the most part it is complete aside from obvious model editing when the rifleman shoots while running and sideways movement etc, but it is fully functional. that doesn't mean it has no room for improvement, as it will need, but at least it works fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ZlRCbaP10

doesn't show the elevation though, i didnt think about it at the time but it indeed does work with any map brushed terrain and cliffs... water, however, is another story.

Level 2
Sharpshooter a good FPS game.
It has good rifle, knife, grenades and even reloading and thats awesome.

Level 5
Incredible, I never thought a FPS could be recreated with warcraft!

Although I must admit that I am kinda disapointed that to see that the person wielding the gun is just a warcraft rifleman... You should probably request a sniper model with all the animations, I'm sure someone would be glad to do it for you.

Level 11
I'll test it now, is there strafe movement ? If not, implent that ?

EDIT: quite nice, but can you set up like when i want to look to one side that i dont have to spam button... just hold, if you are still making this map. And maybe to being able to choose keyboad or mouse control.

Last edited:
Level 1
very good:aa::aa::aa::aa::aa::aa:.How About singlepleyer version.I vud give you 5\5 but I am a new member.

Sory About gramar(I am from Croatia).
caution-zombies-ahead.jpg

Last edited:
Level 1
the map is just 2 big i rly dont want to host a game for 5 mins and it takes 1 hour to get it full.... u could remove the mapcover or anything its just waste of space or just compress the sizes of the skins n so on.... anyway greatest map ever XD

Level 16
Looks good from pics gunna try now!

EDIT: Tested and it was pretty good. The places where you put the pathing blockers made me feel there was an invisible force working against me which was pretty bad =( . Also the delay with movement and aiming wasn't so bad =) . Overall i give this a 3/5.

Last edited:
Level 2
*gasp* *stands in ausomeness veiw*

THAT WAS AUSOME!!!! wow it was ausome like a real fps game like counter strike.....u have to make more maybie with ai or like coop when u have a mission and have to assinate,u know like hitman and that type of stuff.....still it was sooo much fun i couldnt get anoth of it 999999999999999999999/10
:thumbs_up: :cute::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::ah::wthumbsup::wthumbsup::alol::alol::cgrin:

Level 4
I know this is a year or so later, but this is an awesome map. I didn't think you could make a viable FPS with WC3 but, well, here it is.

Level 1
Reviving the dead. Starcraft II style...

This may not be of much use to anyone, but I've taken my efforts over to starcraft II due to the mouse, keyboard support and many other things.. The only trade off currently is the lag.
Old: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/118401-Modern-Sniper-Wars
New: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/shooter-global-war/

I plan on making the dynamics of this map comparable to the original. Thank you. I will post in the ST2 Section when map is ready for testing.

Last edited:
Level 5
man, its a 5/5, but the pushing down weapon W
A D
S
is soo hard, if it was automatic, this would recieve 5/5 rep+ and a congratulations!

Level 20
where is the new version man!!?
the new demo vid came out on 3 days ago...

Sharpshooter Incursion Demo

EDIT:
i just found out that you upload your maps on epicwar so i searched on that...

the results:
Sharpshooter Online v1.21b
Sharpshooter Uncursion v1.05c

EDIT 2:
hey dude. why don't you post your camera,movement, aiming and shooting systems in the spell section?
all of those deserve Director's Cut *_*

Last edited:
Level 2
Map is just awsome except the only downside is the controls for sniping...If anyone downloads this map.Tricky made it unprotected for anyone to edit it or just use his triggers or terrian whatever...just give the man some credit though

Level 5
Hey World!!! I have an idea!! Autohotkey!!!! (its a program to remap keys) map the mouse axis to the key arrows,and map the attack ability to the mouse click. YOU ARE WELCOME WORLD!!

Here take the script!

#SingleInstance Force
#NoEnv
SendMode Play
#IfWinActive Warcraft III
SetTitleMatchMode 2
#IfWinActive, Warcraft

SetTimer, monitorMouse, 20
return

q::SetTimer, monitorMouse, Off

monitorMouse:
MouseGetPos, start_x, start_y
Sleep 10
MouseGetPos, end_x, end_y
If (start_x > end_x) ; if end_x is further to the left
Send {A}
If (start_x < end_x) ; if end_x is further to the right
Send {D}
If (start_y > end_y) ; if end_y is further to the top
Send {W}
If (start_y < end_y) ; if end_y is further to the bottom
Send {S}
return

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
Hey World!!! I have an idea!! Autohotkey!!!! (its a program to remap keys) map the mouse axis to the key arrows,and map the attack ability to the mouse click. YOU ARE WELCOME WORLD!!

Here take the script!

#SingleInstance Force
#NoEnv
SendMode Play
#IfWinActive Warcraft III
SetTitleMatchMode 2
#IfWinActive, Warcraft

SetTimer, monitorMouse, 20
return

q::SetTimer, monitorMouse, Off

monitorMouse:
MouseGetPos, start_x, start_y
Sleep 10
MouseGetPos, end_x, end_y
If (start_x > end_x) ; if end_x is further to the left
Send {A}
If (start_x < end_x) ; if end_x is further to the right
Send {D}
If (start_y > end_y) ; if end_y is further to the top
Send {W}
If (start_y < end_y) ; if end_y is further to the bottom
Send {S}
return

if some one find this useful add a rep to me plz ty!
Don't ask for rep,it's against the rules
Also don't advertise your stuff on other people's maps

Level 5
Don't ask for rep,it's against the rules
Also don't advertise your stuff on other people's maps
But i don't advertise "my" stuff,this is a program that will actually help,in the same way a sound editor will help or a photo editor will help,its a key "editor" for your keyboard,you just map keys or change them.and in this particular case you can map keyboard keys to your mouse axis,so this map will work like an actual fps map.

Last edited by a moderator: