Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of Teldrassil- Chapter Three

Submitted by ForgottenLight
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Contents

Shadows of Teldrassil- Chapter Three (Map)

1. ForgottenLight

ForgottenLight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make sure you've watch the first two chapters first, then give me some feedback :)

2. Wallfly

Wallfly

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kinda stereotypical storytelling.

Please avoid cliches like the plague.

And I certainly hope you already have the entire story planned out.

3. ForgottenLight

ForgottenLight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry, but WTF are you talking about. Where is there ANY hint or mention of a plague. And yes, I do have the entire story planned out.

I'm douting you even watched it.

Can I get some ACTUALL feedback please :!:

4. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review of SoT Chapter III

I think this series keeps now at about the same level.
    In this chapter, the story had some more interesting parts than in the ones before, but I think that's the only point in which it is really better than the second part.

One technical problem which looks simply unprofessional and can simply be killed:
    At the beginning of the cinematic, an undefined picture of any place of the map is shown, just for very short time, not even a second, but this looks bad anyway.
    Turn on the cinematic mode and apply the black mask at MAP INITIALIZATION, not at game-time=0.00 seconds.

And still another point of critisizm is your terrain... it's very sad to see the two lovers in romantic talk standing on a rectangular hill in front of a big, blue, rectangular water fall. :?

The battle was not bad, especially the long-range weapons were very nice. It would appear even bigger if you would try to keep the camera showing all warriors which are there, but nothing behind it so that the watcher thinks automatically that the battle field is much bigger behind it. Some nearer cameraperspectives in battle rise action, too.

All in all this part of the cinematic series is still a solid 4/5, the story is nice, but the terrain looks a bit like a sketch. Take please a bit more time for this for the next chapter!

Yours truly
    Waldbaer

5. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am going to put this comment only into this serie but I'll rate all. The result is that the series are really good and I give you 5/5 anyway. Not really Director's Award quality but it is very good.

Chapter 1 - Interesting. I like the intro and the music. That amazed me greatly. Moreover the effects you developed were great. I like the terrain though in some parts it was a little simplist.

Chapter 2 - Wow! I really enjoyed some parts like the one in which you rose the water. I wouldn't have expected it. Dialogues are a little boring but it is cool anyway!

Chapter 3 - Yes, I enjoyed some effects like the one in which you made the Bloodmage fly (cool stuff). The plot is becoming more and more interesting. Can't wait for the following chapters!

6. Black_Raven

Black_Raven

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was great! The terrain was a bit uh.. square . . and sharp in places, the explosions got broing 3rd time around, but it was great!

7. Hemlock

Hemlock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will have a look at your whole epos, and I hope to get to review each single part of it extendivly.

greets
    /Warnicro/

8. SirGareth

SirGareth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Again, nice part. I just wonder why anyone hasnt rated this cinematic so far. Alright, i will be the first then... 5/5!

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -throwing spears like shooting arrows?
    -"I do not sense her presence on the battlefield". OK, Master Jedi
    3/5.