• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Sclammerz's Campaign: Legacy of Gilneas

Rate this campaign project.

• [color=green]Great[/color]

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • [color=yellow]Good[/color]

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • [color=red]Bad[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
yeah it will work
He just said at #548 that he was saving it on 1.30. Since Wc3 is normally compatible going forwards, and not backwards, I am not sure how you know it will work on 1.29.

Thank you. I'm having some delays, lol.
Not sure if there is still time for recommendations. If there is, I would like to say it would be a good idea to remove attack waves from the potential targets of AI attacks. This is particularly noticeable in missions like the last RTS mission (attacking the Black Citadel), because the left and right Draenei's will retreat to their base if the player or the other ally AI destroys an incoming attack wave that was the initial target of the relevant AI. (It will still retreat if the building it targets is destroyed by the player/ the other AI, but that is a just a Wc3 issue and is not so bad, even though it can be avoided through terrain choice and position of AI.)

Level 23
He just said at #548 that he was saving it on 1.30. Since Wc3 is normally compatible going forwards, and not backwards, I am not sure how you know it will work on 1.29.

Not sure if there is still time for recommendations. If there is, I would like to say it would be a good idea to remove attack waves from the potential targets of AI attacks. This is particularly noticeable in missions like the last RTS mission (attacking the Black Citadel), because the left and right Draenei's will retreat to their base if the player or the other ally AI destroys an incoming attack wave that was the initial target of the relevant AI. (It will still retreat if the building it targets is destroyed by the player/ the other AI, but that is a just a Wc3 issue and is not so bad, even though it can be avoided through terrain choice and position of AI.)

Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

So, the update is in! Shadows of Hatred v2.0

Level 23
cotw-png.366299

After finishing SoH 2.0, I said that I will not do more campaigns but surprise surprise, I kinda lied. lol
Now, after some thinking, I'm ready to announce my next campaign project.

More information coming soon. :)
Gonna use this thread for this one too.

Btw, I have mixed feelings on the title, I'm open for suggestion! If I like it I might consider to change it. :>

Edit: Image is too large welp.
Edit: Edited the thread name.

Last edited:
Level 11
Have you ever played sagi's arthas campaigns? I'm pretty sure curse of the worgen was what his next campaign was going to be. Unless im thinking of someone else
It is, but I doubt sagi has any interest in seeing that campaign done whatsoever. The campaign was left unchecked for quite some time (I'm thinking about a few years by now).

Level 23
Have you ever played sagi's arthas campaigns? I'm pretty sure curse of the worgen was what his next campaign was going to be. Unless im thinking of someone else

I have not. One of the reason I want to change the campaign name.

Yay! Sclammerz your campaigns are the best man! Keep it up:thumbs_up:

Thank you.

is this is the fourth campaign in arthas campaigns or is it a other project
The campaign name is overused?

Curse of the Night
Legacy of Gilneas
Behind the Wall

Oh, nice! I like the 2nd one. I'll think about it! Thanks!

I suggest making a new thread not to confuse people.

I don't think I need to open a new one really. I plan to make this thread as my main threads for my campaigns. (If ever I do more.)

Level 23
That is a pretty exciting thought.

It's always nice to see campaigns being made about different stories. Worgen-related stuff is a story we have not seen fully fleshed out before as the sole focus of a campaign, so it is great that there is more variety (instead of making 10x remakes of wc2 :D)

Let see if this interest me or moarr!

Is nice to get more campaigns, an now with the latest developments.

Final Mision

Mission objetives: Pilot Mecha Werewolf Garithos to kill Sylvanas.

Hahaha, she's gonna be a pain sort of.

Btw, updated the thread and put more information. In terms of progress, I've already made small progress in the first map.

Level 15
What can we expect?

Custom Worgen tech-tree? New races?

Really glad that you decided to try something new, can't wait!

Level 23
What can we expect?

Custom Worgen tech-tree? New races?

Really glad that you decided to try something new, can't wait!

More or less. :D

So, working on the prologue. Here some screens.

Slow progress but it's progressing. So stay tuned!

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102520_174101_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_102520_174101_01.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,533
  • WC3ScrnShot_102520_174909_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_102520_174909_01.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,473
  • WC3ScrnShot_102520_181655_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_102520_181655_01.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 2,389
Last edited:
Level 6
She is a Priestess, but she's depicted more as a "pure priestess" instead of the arrow-slinging warrior-priestess that Tyrande depicts in Warcraft 3. So it fits to give her a different model; Belysra is a staff-wielding caster Priestess.

Level 23
Wow you are making another campaign. I hope it will be as good as SOH. Best of luck for the campaign.:grin::grin::grin:

Thank you.

Uhm, isn't Belysra just a standard Priestess of the Moon?

Not really. She's more a staff-wielding one. Besides, I really liked this texture. I wanted to use this one at some point and now I have the opportunity. :p

She is a Priestess, but she's depicted more as a "pure priestess" instead of the arrow-slinging warrior-priestess that Tyrande depicts in Warcraft 3. So it fits to give her a different model; Belysra is a staff-wielding caster Priestess.

I couldn't agree more.

Level 13
Not really. She's more a staff-wielding one. Besides, I really liked this texture. I wanted to use this one at some point and now I have the opportunity. :p
Well, how do I put this.....it's one of the things WoW "adjusted" for gameplay reasons. In WoW a playable priest is a Human Priest in the lore basically, a holy caster, a healer, with Catholic vibes. The lore was ignored completely when it comes to other races. So a Night Elf priest is a blue skinned human priest with long ears. So not to confuse the players, they made all priest NPCs that way (almost all, Tyrande was too iconic for that), there are even male Night Elf priests, which is ridiculous lore wise.
Lore wise Night Elf priestesses(all female) aren't really priestesses in that regard, but huntresses and warriors, and there is also that Starfalling aspect, which didn't fit the human priest at all, so they gave it to Balance Druids instead, again changing the lore 100% to make them fit in somehow.

Level 27
Lore wise Night Elf priestesses(all female) aren't really priestesses in that regard, but huntresses and warriors, and there is also that Starfalling aspect, which didn't fit the human priest at all, so they gave it to Balance Druids instead, again changing the lore 100% to make them fit in somehow.

During the War of the Ancients books, the order shifted from Nuns to a Paladin order in weeks after the normal army got mauled by the Legion. Way before Tyrande or Maiev got voice and vote on how things were done.

So they weren'te always full time warriors but more traditional medicine women.

Level 13
During the War of the Ancients books, the order shifted from Nuns to a Paladin order in weeks after the normal army got mauled by the Legion. Way before Tyrande or Maiev got voice and vote on how things were done.

So they weren'te always full time warriors but more traditional medicine women.
No, they were warriors and markswomen from the very beginning, they were among the first to rise up against the legion and confront them. Tyrande was taught archery and combat from the very first day as an acolyte, and so was Maiev. They never had anything to do with the Paladins, absolutely nothing.

Level 15
Well, he decided to go with this route. You gonna like it or not, but that is how it is. He even explained that he really wanted to use this skin somewhere and finally found a justification to use it.

Level 28
This looks intreseting, does the story take place before or after the Forsaken invaded Gilneas or is it mixed? You know I too was planning to make a campaign similar to this one which is supposed to be a sequel to Legacy of Lordaeron but I never worked on it :D
Anyway, I'm glad to see someone working on it, I'm looking forward to it and I wish you good luck!

Level 23
This looks interesting, does the story take place before or after the Forsaken invaded Gilneas or is it mixed? You know I too was planning to make a campaign similar to this one which is supposed to be a sequel to Legacy of Lordaeron but I never worked on it :D
Anyway, I'm glad to see someone working on it, I'm looking forward to it and I wish you good luck!

The story begins before the Forsaken invaded Gilneas. Thank you very much. :)

News: No news, haven't touched the campaign for some time now kinda busy with school stuff. Hopefully, I can return working on it soon. Cheers!

Level 7
I have to admit, I haven't seen any custom Worgen campaigns in my entire history of knowing Warcraft. Will be looking forward to seeing how the project progresses. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.