1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of Everwood - ORPG

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Wolfe, May 4, 2010.

1. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I mean that you won't post any new progress, because I'm interested.

2. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, with summer coming (including my winter holidays), we'll be able to work quite a lot on Shadows of Everwood. And the demo's are actually quite short, as they only introduce you to the game, the story and begin your character.

Though, I'm a little concerned. With StarCraft II on the horizon, I hope people will still remain with WarCraft III and play/test this map, as well as others.

3. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't know how other see it, but I'm right now disappointed from SC2.
    They sucked up again at coding and the gameplay, yes, the gameplay is really boring.
    So until they fix the stuff I'll just hang around at wc3 and continue mapping here, no matter how less people we are.

Who says that we need thousands of people to have fun?
    Could be even better with only 1000 wc3 players which are that nice to each other that it makes really fun to play it.

SC2 will not be the end of wc3, at least not for now.

And now back to topic, how's the map going?

4. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map is actually going surprisingly good. Each faction will have five heroes, each with eleven abilities (twenty-two to initially choose from) and a class mechanic unique to both the theme of the hero and the style of play the hero has. Like I stated before, Oziris has begun terraining, and eventually I will begin.

I have my concerns with player vs. player combat, though I might have a resolution. It might be a lot of work, however.

5. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Great, please provide further progress so I'm updated.

6. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will. I'll PM you, maybe I will now. I do not wish to reveal so much on the forum. xD

7. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a bump and a little progress report.

We've decided to divide the project into three maps to enhance player vs. environment/player vs. player mechanics as well as expand the terrain for event quests and such.

Player vs. Enviroment: Chronicles of Fire
    Chronicles of Fire is the player vs. environment map for all Imperial Crown players. It will have ten players and have features, creeps, heroes, spells, items, towns, etc. exclusive only to the Imperial Crown.

You will venture into the lands of the empire, dealing with the many problems that occur behind the front lines of the main war, as well as assaults and attempts of sabotage from the other faction.

There are five chapters in this map including a prelude and epilogue. They are as follows:

• Prelude - Set in St. Danuele's School of War, a local centaur tribe as invaded the halls of this military institution. Imperial Crown players begin here and must force the centaurs from the academy.
    • Chapter I - The first chapter is set in Aranchia, an idyllic pastoral kingdom to which the empire runs its agricultural programs. Like the academy, centaurs driven from the south are marauding the farmlands.
    • Chapter II - Mortombra is a vast and desolate land where the remnants of the vampire and werewolf armies struggle for dominance. Due to an increase of feeding in the empire's lands, you and your party must choose a side and eradicate the opposing race.
    • Chapter III - A wasteland to which the remnants of the centaur tribes and the gnolls, a humanoid race of hyena-men, reside. This land must be reclaimed for the empire.
    • Chapter IV - Along the River Emperus is Vena, the Imperial Capital, in the kingdom of Vinosca. Blood litters the western part of the city as northern warriors assault the kingdom.
    • Chapter V - Temnar, a country in itself, is under the eyes of the Imperial Crown. To gain this kingdom is to capture the capital, Dhar Karagnaz, and enslave the dwarves that inhabit it.
    • Epilogue - Deep within Dhar Karagnaz, the Highfather has met with Thane Bjordan, one of the ruling chieftains of the north, to discuss an alliance. This alliance, however, will not be fulfilled. And it is your job to make sure of it.
    Player vs. Environment: Asmodeon's Demise
    Asmodeon's Demise is the player vs. environment map for all Northern Clans players. It will have ten players and features, creeps, heroes, spells, items, etc. exclusive to Northern Clans players.

While the Thane Ragnorsson wages a bloody war with the empire, his brother Urigmor is responsible for the protection of the north. However, when Asmodeon the Dragon King continues his onslaught south, you must fight to the death and defeat him.
    • Prelude - Your family and village are in the north, rested near a frozen lake, and it is under siege. Skannizk, a kobold under Asmodeon the Dragon King, is beginning the onslaught in the name of his lord. And you're caught right in the middle of it.
    • Chapter I - ??????
    • Chapter II - ??????
    • Chapter III - ??????
    • Chapter IV - ??????
    • Chapter V - ??????
    • Epilogue - You have driven the kobolds, giants, dragons and slyth into the Caverns of Skalda where you and the Snow Queen must put an end to Asmodeon's massacre.

And finally, there is the player vs. player map, where both capitals (Vena, the Imperial City and Vjanarheime, the Storm Peak) are expanded and pitted against each other for dominance over the Ivory Tower. The Ivory Tower is a dungeon that must be captured by:
    a) maintaining control of the two objectives around it
    b) gaining over five hundred points and
    c) bribing the tower guardian for entrance

When one faction enters the dungeon, the other may also then gain control, and enter a separate wing of the tower to meet again with their enemies in an epic conflict to open the gate for the last boss.

For more progress, concepts are going really well. I've gone beyond demo ideas, spells, etc. Terrain is also on with a nice-paced start, especially since school is still on. Coding will not begin until holidays, sadly.

8. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Cool, a new progress update.
    Keep up the good work. I will give feedback when you have the first beta, okay? =)

9. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First of all thanks for asking!
    Well I checked your thread and I must say that project looks really cool!
    Features are really awesome!

But unfortunately I can't help you right now :sad:
    I am working on 2 campaigns one has link in my signature (The Human Sin - Hosted project here, awesome shit if you ask me) and another less known but I hope good - LOTR created by DEMIGOD! (Also I have my own maps :xxd:)

I also saw above something about music (second page if I remember), well I must say that there is no better one than one in The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion :razz:

But if you want you can send me some screenshots of your terrain I can tell you what to improve/upgrade or maybe learn something who knows :grin:

And for the end I must say that this project deserves better thread! Create on in Map Development not idea factory! If you want I can do that ^^ I will only ask for pictures of some models you use, custom ingame font (if you have) to create some pictures and all main informations (you can edit that ofc and post what you want)
    Maybe you use this: The Hive Workshop Hosted Forums
    Thanks again!

10. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  11. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Welcome to thedeathunterxx as our second terrainer!

12. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The inventory system is a heavily modified version of Anachron's system.

As for the promo-picture Wolfe provided you with, it's far outdated folks ;) The string-parser has been significantly improved and the multiboard looks really neat!

Hopefully Wolfe will be able to provide you with some images in the coming days.

13. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I really would like to see how you used my inventory system.

14. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    When I'm finished with my expression engine I'll gladly share the code!

15. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Great, I am so glad people are using the inventory.

16. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    how big is the map ? or should i say each map ...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  17. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
  18. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dude that is so awesome! Can't wait to see more! Your ideas are brilliant!

19. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Holy shit, nice work :)