• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Settlers of Rahgaer - A Squad Based Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
These are some pretty awesome ideas, I like the names and everything =D
As for the Casters, I do have a unique idea of Regeneration for the Undead. Essentially, the 'Necromancers' (which may employ the 'Speaker of Sin' name, that is a pretty cool name, the only reason I wouldn't use it would be if it turned out to be a bit too Demonic and not quite so Undeadly :p) will have an Aura (and the Lich leader unit will have this, too) that causes friendly Undead units under its effects to raise from the dead, essentially regenerating the Squads rather than the HP of the units :3

Btw, the Elves as Irish men really works, I just need some more concept art to show you. Wait a minute... I do have a rough sketch done by diosilva16, I'll post it on here =D

Attachments

• firbolg fian.jpg
    firbolg fian.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 129
Speaker of Sin is basically an acolyte. Lich doesn't fit with the Eqyptian theme, that's why I replaced it with Speaker of Sin. Also, instead of an aura, use the ability Regenerating Rot to raise the dead (when I said 'replenish' I meant fully healing and reviving a squad C:) as it is more unique and also has a risk(in case the unit dies without the buff, all the spell did is lower its health).

Drawing is nice, but I don't see the link between Irishmen and Elves. Looks more amazonian. Also, I can do concept art as well. I'm a pretty good sketcher. If you want, I can help with model appearance, and all you gotta do is request. And if you got iconless models, check my sig.

Level 35
I dunno if I'm on the same page as you with the replenishment ability, but I agree that the name 'Lich' doesn't really draw from the Egyptian theme at all. Speaker of Sin is a sexy name, I'm gonna use that for sure =D

I reckon that, if I were going to change the current regeneration ability (which I probably will in light of this other idea), I would make the ability a summoning one where you create a 'Ward' type unit which could be permanent (call it something like Tombstone or something simple, unless you have another nice name idea, of course =D) or temporary, idk, it wouldn't have much health anyway, so permanent could work, just make it you can only summon it once per 'Necromancer' (Necro is temporary name, may make that the Speaker of Sin and the Lich Leader Unit something else).

As for the Irishman theme, I'll show you another pic (if I can find it) that we're using as inspiration. Essentially, the old Irish folklore works really well here. Trust me, diosilva16 and I discussed it extensively and we have a whole line of awesome ideas for the race in store. All I have to do is remember them now lol.

One such unit is the Fir Bolg (not to be confused with Furbolg :p), which were the ancient rulers of Ireland according to Irish Mythology. They are the inspiration for the basic Elf units.

Then there's the Fomorians, which are essentially giant tree dwellers in our mod. In actual ancient Irish Mythology, they were similar to the Titans of Greek Mythology (essentially believed to be semi-divine beings who preceded the Gods themselves).

Here's some inspiration source pics I found just now =D:
Fir Bolg
Fomorian

Now, you mentioned concept art, which I absolutely LOVE to have when it comes to making a big project look professional =D
One thing I would like to ask of you now would be some concept art of the Undead, please. I am not 100% sure as to how diosilva16 likes to work in terms of concept art, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind having some added concept art for our project's gallery =D

As for the Model Screenshot Icons, I will definitely keep that in mind, thankyou very much =D

And one last thing for this post, I would like to thank you right now for all your support, GhostThruster, and for diosilva16's support as well, it's been of a great assistance and inspires me to finish this project for Warcraft 3 before moving completely over to SC2. Or die trying ;)

Level 35
Yea, I think the Celtics and the Gallics looked alike in many aspects, but the reason I choose the Irish theme is for two reasons:
1) There is a lot of mythology based around the forest (even the Leprechauns fit into that area, now I'm thinking about adding them in, too :p), and
2) I come from a very strong Irish background, but didn't know anything about their mythology until recently, and I am hooked :p

Btw, I'm not sure if I will have Undead Cavalry, so to speak (as Ghost-like units were going to fill that role), but I'll still see what you have in mind if you like ;)

Level 35
lol, well, if I were to include Leprechauns, they would be nasty and evasive caster units. They would probably also come in a squad or something, but I'm not entirely sure

Ghosts not fitting in well with the Egypt theme? Well, I did find a Sandman model based off of the Revenant done by Cavman, but I do suppose some like Undead Camel Riders would be much more suitable... I like that idea. Can they ride Camels? That would fit in so well! =D

Level 35
Custom Missile system? What's that do? :3

Well, the main thing I hoped for in having 'Ghosty' units in the Undead army was that they would not just be a slower form of Cavalry, but they would also have a chance of not taking any damage at all from enemy physical attacks. However, that role is not a complete necessity.

And yes, of course you are 'just' the opinionater, but I value your opinion very highly :3

Level 35
Yeah, although the units using HappyCockroach's Son Of Anubis model will be rather powerful, but not too powerful that they can't come in groups of 4 ;)
After all, they are the Undead Heavy Infantry and will do a spread attack due to them carrying so many swords :3
Come to think of it, this race is probably going to require the least amount of custom models made for it, as pretty much everything I want is already made, and the few things I do want should hopefully not be too complicated to make (although a Camel Rider might be rather difficult to make, so we'll see :p)

What I'm wondering is what I would possibly do with a Custom Missile system for my project... you don't have any idea of what it does? :(

Level 13
sorry to let you down, wazzz, i've been busy. college sucks and i suck at college. if any modeler steps up to take my place in this project i'm willing to give him my works in progress, and tips on modeling, but i don't think you can count on me to do some models for you for the time being

Level 35
diosilva16, that's fine ;)
I prlly won't be working on this for quite some time myself, either, so when we're both free again we'll pick up the bulk of the work from there. In the meantime, I'll do bits and pieces to put ideas together and stuff, but not for a bit, I'm soooo busy as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.