• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Serpent Wards focused by creeps way too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I gave them low priority and fortified armor, but still creeps will go out of their way to target them...
What else can I try here?

Level 39
Priority only affects the order of the unit-types on the UI when you have multiple unit-types selected. It’s not an ai priority stat.

You could try giving the wards a variety of different classifications to see if any of them change the ai behavior. Suicidal, Ancient, and Worker come to mind.

Level 39
I presumed if the OP was summoning them with the serpent ward skill then they would automatically be considered wards by default and thus just that classification wasn't sufficient. If they're created with triggers yeah Ward is another one to try.

Level 3
Uhh... I have a way, but it is a bit crude.
First, does the ward is the closest unit to the creep? Creep usually attemp to attack the closest unit, so if the ward is the closest, it will be a primary target.
A way (really crude) to solve this is check if a creep attemp to attack the ward(Unit - Unit is attacked), you order them to attack the summoning hero or the closest hero instead(Unit -Order with target unit) if there are hero in an area around that.
If you don't want the ward to get attacked, give it the invurenable ability, though it will confuse the creep a lot, since they will try to run away from a invurenable enemy first.

Status
Not open for further replies.