1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Serpent Canyon

Submitted by Pyrodactyl
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Contents

Serpent Canyon (Map)

1. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As in accord to the prize of the map contest, this map is awarded the Director's Choice Award. Nice job on this pyrodactyl. The layout is interesting and invlolved many strategic opportunities. Players start out with two avenues of defense, but with alternate routs blocked by trees, so when playerrs develope seige weapons, things change entirely. There are expansion areas on the high grounds for players to retreat to.

A wide variety of textures were used. Although they seems a bit sparratoc in their use, the effort was nonetheless there. Could use some more envirenmental doodads lining the forests, too. Overall nice terraining.
    -VGsatomi

2. asiandude14

asiandude14

Resources:
    Resources:
    BEST MELEE MAP I SAW YET :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

3. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, i'm really happy that i've won this contest, at least i have two director's choice map now :twisted:

Basically i picked the idea of one of the RoC undead campaign mission, where you had to clear trees to advance. I wanted to make the map really blizzard style, although perhaps in some places the texturing could have been better. The map is either for 1v1 or 2v2, because there's only 1,5 exp/player out there. I placed taverns, because i like neutral heroes :D and i also placed goblin labs, so players can travel quickly if they buy zeppelins. Players can hide Gryphon Aviaries/Chimaera Roosts/Boneyards on the high ground exp, but they are guarded by a red creep camp (i made it this way, so people can't obtain the two hidden exps so easily).

In the design of the map, i picked the "untouched ashenvale" style, with ancient ruins, peaceful fisher homes, narrow canyons (i remade them many times to make them wide enough for units to pass through), and forest areas.

If it's allowed to update the map now, perhaps i'll make some ballance/visual improvements.

4. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, feel free to update all you want now.
    -VGsatomi

5. canaan34

canaan34

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I hate all melee maps but this one looks like an awsome level.

6. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update!

I spent a little time polishing this map, so here is an update:
    - Removed a few trees from the north bases' "backdoor" enterance, making more room there.
    - Slightly modified height on some places.
    - Added some environmental doodads to the forests, and a few rocks to random places.
    - Made shadow map.
    - Polished texturing on the middle path

7. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK there's another minor update:
    - Added more trees at the upper right base location to fill a gap in the trees
    - Added more trees at the lower right side expansion

BTW comments are always nice! (1176 DLs vs 4 comments...)