1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sentry Machinegun

Submitted by Kitabatake
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A model that could be used as a tower or a ward.

- Uses in-game textures
- File size: 20kb
- Has birth, death, stand and attack animations

Give credits if you use it

Keywords:
sentry, machine, gun, tower, ward
Contents

Sentry Machinegun (Model)

Reviews
17:00, 28th Feb 2010 DonDustin: awesome turret. Would be even better if you would create a missile for it aswell :)
  1. Kunfury

Kunfury

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok im so sorry to ask this but what is the BASIC sentry gun model for WC III?

2. kolloqwerty

kolloqwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome model but i cant open on RoC :/

3. brized

brized

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tested this out a bit. I noticed that the model can be facing straight down, and you have a unit directly below it, but when it starts its attack animation, the barrel of the gun swivels about 30 degrees counterclockwise before finishing the attack animation.

The turret is shooting at a unit directly below it, but the barrel is aiming as though the target is 30 degrees off to the side.

So even if you perfectly set the X and Y offset for the "Art - Projectile Launch" fields in the object editor, the attack missile will still travel in a path about 30 degrees off from the way the barrel is facing. This doesn't look good.

The attack animation should line up with the stand animation, it shouldn't include swiveling 30 degrees and screwing up the missile trajectory.

EDIT: Just a guess, but this is probably due to the Origin attachment point of the model. It seems set roughly between the ammo box and the main chassis/barrel, rather than being aligned with the barrel. With how long the barrel is, any misalignment will cause a much more noticeable deviation in how the unit turns to face a target.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  4. Undeadducky

Undeadducky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice I love this GUN It can be very usefull MWAHAHA:ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  5. Zantetsuken97

Zantetsuken97

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would buy this for 100 box... but thx for the free, nice looking model... teach me pliz..

6. MagmaBoy

MagmaBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    much better! :infl_thumbs_up: useful for defence and TD Map cool with laser :thumbs_up:

7. EJD Gamez Studios

EJD Gamez Studios

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome model with good animation....suitable for my custom maps...thanks bro for made this model.