1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sentinel

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Since starcraft 2 is coming out soon, i thought i should start the releasing of my long-since private halo models while people still have use for them, starting with the forerunner sentinel.

Note that this is the first animated model i ever did, and it is not in the same standards as my other unit models. It is though still a very useful resource for anyone who wants to make a halo map, or other map that uses robotic units.

Also note that the large filesize is due to that the texture used for this unit is the same texture used by practically all my other halo models and doodads, and if you are planning to include those aswell (will be published later), it WILL pay off.
The sentinel model itself is only a staggeringly low 36kb.

Have fun with this, and don't forget to give credit!

Keywords:
Halo, forerunner, sentinel, robotic, guardian, sentry, space, machine
Contents

Sentinel (Model)

Reviews
22:53, 28th May 2010 DonDustin: the mesh is really great, but as Misha already pointed out: the walk animation looks very boring. I really think you should think about a way to make it look a bit more interesting. DonDustin: bah....whatever. It is...
  1. Draconic_Wolf

Draconic_Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool model man looks great for a warcrap... warcraft* model. I hope to see this model for sc2, it would be useful.

Btw I once found one of those things to fire needles instead of the normal lazer, EVUIL needles try to kill me on legendary. (Best stunt done in halo 2 by me would have to flying a banshee into the boss area.)

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, those are called enforcers. I was making one once, but it never got finished.
    Thanks for the nice reply. :)

3. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or Sentinel Major.

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Perhaps one day i'll make a shield attatchment for this model. That might work nice.

5. N00B5600

N00B5600

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes! And they look even better without that annoying Guilty Spark near them.

6. Master_Elite

Master_Elite

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I love your work but i'm just going to have to say in my professorial opinion that this doesn't look right and needs to be reshaped. I like your work but.......You know.... 3/5

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    LOL :)
    The shape is actually correct (save for perhaps the laser beam at the bottom), however, particle effects and animations are pretty outdated. I'm not going to bother redoing anything though.

8. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a robot dude, Robots don't look like most things, lol.
    Anyways, coolio! If I did a Halo map, I'd probably use em, right now though. I'm working on making UNSC Shps for tibsun, I'll post pics when I get them done!
    Halo fans are welcome to look, post opinions and ideas, and give helpful criticism(HELPFUL, like the helmet is bad, try doing this. Not it looks like cr*p.)

9. Aloino

Aloino

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow this is epic 9/10

10. BlazeDark86

BlazeDark86

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Plz continue to release these models to the hive fin.