• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seaworm Roaming Norwegian Lakes and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is it true that a giant seaworm has been seen in a lake in Norway, is it true that Nessie exists. And what about the sea serpents in San Francisco bay are eating people every day!?
http://user.bahnhof.se/~wizard/GUSTeng03/okandadjur_selma_lookedlike_ananaconda.html

I started reading at this page and got stuck for hours! :shock: Tell me what you think about this seaworm and all other things!

This is really interesting, I think that they exists, all of them (at least it would be cool)!

Level 3
i'm Norwegian and i can tell you that i', 100% shure that the Norwegian Seaworm is fake!
I dont remeber tha name of the place, but theres only one photo...Picture of it!
It was painted by a man that "thought" he saw it!
I saw the painting in a bathroom at a Truck-Stop =P

Level 6
well, i live about 30 minutes from san francisco, and my brother lives on treasure islnad, and ive never heard about the things in teh bay eating people. (yah, im weird, i watch the news in teh morning)

Level 5
Actually the San Francisco seasnakes was exposed as fakes by GUST. Anyways, if you have read about Nessie and all who says that they have seen her (All written at that page) you will get manipulated extremely hard! hehe, I believe that at least one of those seaserpents/monsters exists, 100 000 people can't have completely wrong! :roll:

i'm Norwegian and i can tell you that i', 100% shure that the Norwegian Seaworm is fake!

I'm from Sweden but i can't tell you if it's true or not that there's a Seamonster or not in "Storsjön" in Sweden! :x

Level 16
I'm sorry, but all of this is bogus, fake, nonsense.

If something this phenomenal did in fact exist, wouldn't we have already catalogged it into our encyclopedias, and rather not have dozens of "sightings" that are happening so recently, with the steroids and who knows what else circulating in the athletic department. Those guys could have been been trying to get attention for all we know. Have we seen an actual high-definition photo of these "serpents," that allow us to distinguish it from some slimy, rotting log that was covered in flimsy and shiny algae and just happened to capsize down into the lake? I think not.

And also, how come like only civilians and those fanatics that push for the fact Nessie is alive are the only ones to see these creatures? Why not some scientist who comes along to check and actually sees the thing, possibly getting some actual samples or DNA and such? Not to mention that if something is an amphibious, cold-blooded relative of the great anaconda, wouldn't we have more sightings and actual photos from some insomniac maniac who stayed up all day and night to see if it actually surfaces?

It's interesting, but not something to take seriously. If GUST was actually so determined and so strong-willed to protect human lives, then send damn probes down there and check it out.

No offense was intended in this paragraph. Just stating my skeptical point. Thank you

EDIT: more here. "San Francisco seasnakes!?" What the heck! I live in the Bay Area too, a little farther from SF anyway, but no such thing would exist in this area. Even though the Bay Area is in a mediterranean climate, the ocean here is freaking cold. Unless something like a more solitary seasnake can rally itself and migrate to a breeding ground in the warmer south, I doubt a reptile could survive in the water. Excluding the turtles, that is. I can't believe anyone would believe this. Once a place is discovered, people usually catalog and mark down all the species currently found. Anything big enough to eat a human would be far too noticable. In fact, California just had more shootings in the past couple weeks than any victims of this Nessie, if any.

Because, if you're so freaking devoted to the idea that this stupid creature does exist, then why don't you and some of your friends fund some deep-sea, fresh-water rather, expedition down there, and if there is something like that, then kudos to you for being right. If you're going to try to show and tell about something like this, then you're gonna better have very good proof.

Hm. I think I lost track of how many of these little legends I have just crushed

Level 12
Har, Eusira hit it. Why would legends exist if they haven't been fully recorded?

And Eusira, you killed not just a country legend but worldly legends. XD

Level 16
Not necessarily. If a legend is not recorded, then it gets twisted by the rough and unnerving grinding stones which we call word of mouth. It's actually your choice to take what I said, which is a rational and backed up opinion anyway, or you could go ahead and flame me for desecrating something which does not exist

Level 7
overgrown salmon mayhaps?
which bite someons toe off and this guy told that something big bite his toe off, and so in a matter of seconds some freaks start to make ritual murders letting their paet crockos bite victims heads of and dumping the corpses in loch ness, brilliant, and soon these fanatics goes diving with water proof camera, and they manages to take pic of godzilla roaming middle of Hong kong... :?

Level 7
Eusira said:
The main point of my opinion is, if there's so much evidence, then why not actually send something to check it out and see if it's there?

why not to send some one to find god?

greedy hotel managers needs some more cash, and what would be better way to get it than tourists? and that wormy is without doupt attracting more tourists than that furry yeti who lives at my backyard with adorable polarbear and cute penguin :roll:

Level 16
It's because God is a figure of religious belief, not a delirious myth fabricated to attract attention. When someone sees something wierd happen, do they blame it on God? No... they blame it on aliens, sea monsters, things that haven't been proven yet. Do not mix science with religion, unless you want a whole debate on the theories of creation and evolution

Level 6
im pretty sure lots of people have stayed up all night, and gone exploring. but obviously they havent found anything, cuz we would've heard about it.

Level 9
In canada, theres a nessy-type monster...

but scientists think its just a crapload of basking sharks lined from head to fin tip....
which looks kinda like the body of a sea monster

Level 3
My dad has a book called mysteries of the unexplained. It has 4 pictures of the Loch Ness monster seen by tourists. There is also a polaroid photo of a huge diplodocus-like fish being hauled in at the port.

Level 5
Eusira, actually you'r a civilian too (even though you would like to be a scientist :roll: ), so, it's your word against all other civilians.

By the way, there's plenty of scientists who believe in unknown water creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.