1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Screenshots

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice screens :D It just needs some more tile variation sometimes.

Btw, where did you get those World Tree models? o_O

2. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are from warcraft ofc.

3. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    World Tree is a base on which you can add stuff from UTM to make it look like a great tree :)

4. -Equalizer

-Equalizer

Resources:
    Resources:
    very nice terrain

5. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great you like it:D

6. Dylanyo123

Dylanyo123

Resources:
    Resources:
    very interesting! I might keep with this project

7. Szeiden

Szeiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    And this is why Warcraft III is amazing. A map creator, not affiliated with Blizzard, can make a game that looks just like a standalone rpg by a AAA game developer from 9 or 10 years ago*... which was only a few years before WC3 was released. These terrains are stunning and the large variety/scale truly makes this look like a full-fledged rpg. We'll have to see about gameplay, but so far it looks great. Keep up the good work.

*This raises the question of why anyone would want to play this or any other wc3 rpg custom when there are so many modern rpgs with... infinitely better graphics. I can't really answer that except by simply stating that, for whatever reason, I am really looking forward to this map and have anjoined (wow, spelling fail, caught this as I was about to post it "ENJOYED") maps like this that have come before it. Keep up the impressive work.

8. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    There most likely won't be many people that feel like playing a Wc3 RPG. I am one of those myself actually. It is just too great to be able to unleash the fantasies in your head to actually remake World of Warcraft***. I'm trying to say. I played rpg's like WoW, Warhammer and Aion and got inspired by those. Why not make my own rpg, its fun to make it its like writing a book or painting a picture. Making your own fantasy game is great. Part 2 is to actually let people play it, but for me part 1, making the game, is cool enough already to just give it a try:).
    For now this project is unfortunately paused until we find a new coder. I will be very busy with college next year but I really want to finish oakwood since it costed me so much time that it has to get finished, and i still love to work on it. But for now I can't do anything withoud a good scripter.:(

9. White-Lion

White-Lion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you could finish the terrain ^^
    But that would certainly be a waste of time if you doesn't find a coder, which i really hope you do :)

10. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks really wonderful. Keep it up!

11. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    With that terrain im kinda the same like you with it i wana make it look advanced and not like a game terrain even when its playable so nice work on the terrain :)

12. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd really love to see how this Terrain would affect the gameplay:)
    Keep up with the good work!

Here's a +Rep for your really attractive terrains:)

13. The WoW Masta

The WoW Masta

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome work! I Really like how you have created a vivid terrain without constantly spamming custom models and skins and instead, used your imagination and creativity to think up some outstanding ideas for the terrain! :infl_thumbs_up:

Definitely something to look forward to :) :thumbs_up:

(Put me on the mailing list when its ready if that isn't too much of a hassle :D) :grin:

+Rep!

14. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's been a while since I last looked at this thread, and i must say that I am rather impressed with your progress!

15. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys.
    I wish I could say there's still progress but unfortunately I still haven't found a scripter so for 2 months already nothing has happened to Oakwood.

16. X-maul

X-maul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I realy like your terrain :)

QUSTION:
    how do i create a bridge as you do? is it just elevators which have been raised to the desired hight?

17. Znoopy

Znoopy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I quite like the terrain, perhaps a bit too much shrubs at certain places, but still looks quite nice.
    I really like how all the different areas work so smoothly together, like the undead and forest areas.

Great map, looking forward to it! ;)

Btw, I assume you're using NewGen WE?

18. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Woah, nice terrain. Good job for the terrainer. Realistic!!!

19. Limitless

Limitless

Resources:
    Resources:
    omgomgomgomg this looks epic, when does it come out ??? :OOOO

20. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Added some more recent screenshots.