1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Scratch & Brush: Skinning Competition

Discussion in 'Recycle Bin' started by Leopard, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Scratch & Brush: Skinning Competition

Welcome to Scratch & Brush: Skinning Competition, a great tournament for you great skinners. You can show off your skinning skill here, together with another great skinner we will see who is the best one. Okay, enough for the chit-chat. There are 3 classes on this competition which are:

# Beginner Class
    # Intermediate Class
    # Advance Class

Role Play
    # You can enter only one class from those three classes and you can submit only one skin on the class which is selected. In other words, you can only submit one skin for this competition and you're not allowed to enter more than one class. So pick one of those classes as your desire.

# There will be 3 winners for each class, so there are 9 winners in total. Each winner will receive a prize from me which will be mentioned in the bottom of this post.

# Each class has different difficulty, which Beginner is the easiest one and Advance is the hardest one. Of course, the prizes are different too. :wink:

# Deadline for skin submission is January 8, 2006. I give you plenty of time to make one skin only. I'll glad to see you put much hardwork on your skin.

Submission Rules
    # In order to join this competition, all you need is submit your skin in this site, then PM me which class that you want to enter and give me a link for your skin.

# General Rules for skin which are allowed to enter:
    1. Skin which is submitted in this site, it means the skin doesn't violate any rules from this site.
    2. Your skin must be for original Warcraft 3 model, TFT or ROC. Skin for custom model is allowed, as long as the model doesn't violate rule #3.
    3. Your skin must be for model which has attack anim and walk anim. It means you can't enter skin for structure, critter, tileset, item, ward, or anything that doesn't have those anims. As long as the model which is used by your skin has both of anims, then it is allowed to enter.
    4. Your skin must be a brand new skin. Skin which is already submitted before the contest begin are not allowed.
    5. Maximum your skin has 512x512 resolution.

# Beginner Class' Rules
    1. Skin doesn't violate any rule in General Rules.
    2. Skin which 50% of its part is edited. That means 50% of its part is changed from the original one. A part which is just recolored without any redone cannot be considered as 'edited'.
    3. You are allowed to do CnP in this class, but CnP only from Blizzard skins. CnP from another one skin or any picture are not allowed. (CnP = Copy and Paste)

# Intermediate Class' Rules
    2. Skin which 70% of its part is edited. That means 70% of its part is changed from the original one. A part which is just recolored without any redone cannot be considered as 'edited'.
    3. You are allowed to do CnP in this class, but CnP only from Blizzard skins and maximum only 20% of whole skin. CnP from another one skin or any picture are not allowed. (CnP = Copy and Paste)

# Advance Class' Rules
    2. Skin which 90% of its part is edited. That means 90% of its part is changed from the original one. A part which is just recolored without any redone cannot be considered as 'edited'.
    3. You are not allowed to do CnP in this class.

Judging
    WARNING: If you use custom model, please give me a link to the model. If you don't, you'll get 0 points from Wrap judging.

# U.V.
    From U.V. judging, you can gain up to 50 points. (U.V. = a skin in 2D art before it wraps a model, that .blp file)
    a) Art & Details (35/50) - In this section I'll judge your art skill. Is it good quality of art? Are the details great? What about shading, variations, color selection, theme? Are they blend together?

b) Conversion (15/30) - In this section I'll judge how good your imagination. How's the main idea? Is the skin has great conversion? Like re-skin an orc to become a human, re-skin the sword to become a staff, or re-skin a mounted animal to become mechanical machine.

# Wrap
    From Wrap judging, you can gain up to 50 points.
    a) Close-Up Look (30/50) - In this section I'll judge your skin through Warcraft 3 Viewer. Is the skin look good at wrapping? Is it suitable for the model? Is it still look good on every model's anim? Any bad wrapping will downrate your points, regardless it is caused by the model or not. You're not forced to use that model, aren't you?

b) In-Game Look (20/50) - In this section I'll judge your skin through Warcraft 3 custom map. I'll take a look from default game camera and its portrait. Is it look clear? Does it blur? Is it still look like what it should be? Any alpha messed up will downrate your points.

Prize
    Prize would be a signature made by me, here's the layout.
    [​IMG]

1. The leopard U.V. face will be replaced with another U.V. face made by me. It depends on which class and what grade are you. For example, if you win 3rd Beginner class, there will be a peon U.V. face which is skinned by me, but if you win 1st Advance class, there will be Archimonde U.V. face which is skinned by me.
    2. The Medal will not that crappy.
    3. The term 'Advance Class' will be replaced by class that you entered, if you win on that class. Also, the font will not plain like that.
    4. Background may be changed.
    5. There will be more variations and details for Advance class and lower class results lower details.
    6. The only thing that isn't changed is 'Scratch & Brush' logo.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or PM me, no spamming please. Good luck everyone and happy skinning!

2. halo

halo

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm entering advanced class.
    Any specifications of what we should do?
    Why not custom models if we made them ourselves?
    So i'll get thinking up some ideas...
    -halo aka staby

3. iplaystarcraft

iplaystarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    im gonna be in beginer or intermidiate...

who will be the judges??

**OFF TOPIC**
    @halo: why do you always have AKA Mr.Staby on everything???

4. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i might join advanced. however, creativity isnt kicking in right now, so ill just wait till i have an idea before i enter.

5. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @halo : ok i'll change the rules, take a look at it. Theare are no specification, theme is free. As long as it doesn't violate this site's rules, no nudity, Nazi stuffs, etc.

@afronight : I gave you plenty of time to gain inspiration and work hard for that skin. That's why I allow everyone to submit only one skin. So, his skin is supppose to be good, since he put much hard work on that. :wink:

6. Pixelator

Pixelator

Resources:
    Resources:
    im thinking we should be alowed to decide what face we want if we get 1st place, but of course, the more "powerful" unites would be limited off by the lower classes :)

7. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, it will be considered, but you know, some skin UV doesn't have proper face, like tauren skin, Naga Myrmidon skin, etc.

8. iplaystarcraft

iplaystarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    will extra points be awarded for a custom model??
    plz no! because i have a Mac :( (no modeling app.)

9. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    NOPE. This suppose to be a skin competition. Any awesome model or icon won't give more points.

10. iplaystarcraft

iplaystarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    After I reconsider, I might make the sigs from now, so after the competition ended, all the winner will receive their prizes soon, without delay. So, a winner cannot request what skin UV for his sig.

12. iplaystarcraft

iplaystarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    sweet :)

13. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I enter in advanced class :p
    just to see if i'm able to get a nice place against afro and halo :wink:

I just have to find an idea :? I hope i wont get it on the 1 january...

14. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You're on Pins. :wink: Do your best!

15. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks ! I'll try to get a good idea also...
    mechanic skins arent forbidden ?

16. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :D

17. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Then i'll make a nude nazi !
    rm rm...

Stop talking, let's search an idea ! I'm calling all my MSN friends to help my little mind lol^^

18. Goliath the God

Goliath the God

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'll join up! :D Advanced .. have no need for CnP. :p

>.< Till now I can see I am secured a 4'th.. Haha.

19. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, glad to see you more active on forum Goliath the God. :wink:

20. Goliath the God

Goliath the God

Resources: