• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scarlet Crusaders V.3

------wa666r------

SCARLET CRUSADERS V.3
Created by wa666r

202905-albums6994-picture77391.png
Map Info:

Another Alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the valorous Scarlet Crusaders.

full

202905-albums6994-picture77406.png
Features:

202905-albums6994-picture77392.png
Other Information:

TO PLAY AS THE SCARLET CRUSADERS, CHOOSE HUMANS.

VERSION 3 MUST BE PLAYED ON THE LATEST VERSION OF WC3: 1.32.6.

202905-albums6994-picture88430.png
BIG UPDATE:

- NEW HERO MODELS
- NEW HERO ICONS
- Revamped many abilities
- Added 4th Tier to weapon and armor upgrades
- Ability based on weapons and armor tiers system
- Desperation abilities added
- New spell effects
- fixed and updated abilities
- various new icons
- added new purchase items
- revamped how the race functions
- etc.

Highlord

Templar

Inquisitor

Arbiter

full

[box]
Warrior hero focused on assaults and support. The Highlord leads his troops with zeal and a mighty blessed hammer.
[/box]

full

full

[box]
Warrior hero focused on defense and area damage. Templar's are revered for their sustain in the battlefield.
[/box]

full

full

[box]
Intelligence hero focused on healing. Inquisitors stand on the back lines providing healing and constant support to her allies.
[/box]

full

full

[box]
Warrior hero focused on retribution and area damage. Arbiters march on the battlefield with shield at hand ready to force retribution upon her enemies.
[/box]

full

OTHER FACTIONS:

202905-albums6994-picture77405.png
Screenshots:

Image Description:
------

full

full

Change Log/Info:

Added:
-None

- Revamped

- Huge Revamp on every aspect

Credits:

Credit:
Blizzard Entertainment
Cavman
Wandering Soul
Shiv
skrab
AndrewOverload519
Tranquil
Mechanical Man
Ergius
takakenji
Ket
paladinjst
Callahan
SamuraiPanda
Frankster

(If I missed any just tell me please)

Contents

Scarlet Crusaders V.2.5.1 (Map)

Scarlet Crusaders V.3 (Map)

Reviews
12:54, 29th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 5/5 (Highly Recommended) as expected from your melee maps! See my review here for more informations: Review
Level 9
There is two minor bugs such as player 1 getting an extra worker that starts off in the middle of the map and the lieutenant hero which is replaced after choosing your race but she still pops up for 3 or so seconds which cause you to not be able two build her and you have to upgrade your tier in order to get a hero how ever the way he made the texts for every thing supper detailed and in different colors is very cool and aesthetically pleasing

Level 24
There is two minor bugs such as player 1 getting an extra worker that starts off in the middle of the map and the lieutenant hero which is replaced after choosing your race but she still pops up for 3 or so seconds which cause you to not be able two build her and you have to upgrade your tier in order to get a hero how ever the way he made the texts for every thing supper detailed and in different colors is very cool and aesthetically pleasing

I forgot to delete her at testing. I will fix it right now.

Level 24
ok and 1 last thing XD I love the leadership abilities of the lieutenant and Highlord? There both extremely powerful as they should be for this race but are balanced by the chance system which is also lore accurate since divine intervention tends to be a random occurrence

Glad you enjoyed it. Lore accuracy is one of my top concerns when making these maps.

Level 13
Love this. A really nice improvement. Especially loved Sally Whitemane and Bridget Abendis. The only thing I would change is the voice of Servant to idk Sorceress, just cause they have no voice when they're trained. And maybe change tower models to Guard Towers or Arcane Towers with Light effects instead of Arcane. And maybe having them start as scout towers, than choosing an upgrade option, like the humans do, but that's a minor thing.

All in all an awesome map. Commented mostly to be able to rate 5 stars.

Level 15
Have you kept those building-specific upgrades that Scarlet Crusaders had? I think it was really cool and unique thing about them.

Level 5
The saddest part about custom races is no AI, cuse I like to enjoy the game, multiplayer altered melee gets too tense, so no computer sure is lame.

Level 1
I dont even know what AMAI is. Does it lag at the start of the game or mid/late?
AMAI is Advanced Melee Artifical Intelligence (a mod that makes the computer smarter). On the map that comes with the race, it starts immediately. If I export the race to other default maps, it starts at the beginning when I'm about to creep after I made my hero and 2 soldiers, it always starts after like 3-5 minutes. And to be more specific, the game still runs, I can hear sounds of my soldiers fighting and everything moving very very slowly, like 1 fps, sometimes it freezes. If I tab out and come back after 30 seconds, I'm stuck at the pause menu, unable to exit or resume the game, in the chat it says something about being disconnected from the servers, and the only way to close the game is by task manager. This doesn't happen on every custom race, for example AMAI works on Dark Horde/Fel Horde and Forsaken. I tried to save & load constantly but sadly it just starts to lag straight away. I can send you the maps with AMAI or make a video if you want.

EDIT: I found out how to fix the issue. With MPQ Editor, I deleted Blizzard.j from the Scripts folder added by AMAI. Blizzard.j is optional, it lets you give AMAI allies specific commands like trade, change tactic, when to attack enemy, etc.

Last edited: