1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Scariest Game Moments?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by wereguy2, Feb 17, 2009.

1. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally, someone who agrees with me! It's not that special a game!

2. Pandawarrior

Pandawarrior

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omfg...Amnesia: The Dark Decent
    The scariest, most terrifying, horrible, horrifying game I have ever played. This game will FORCE you to regret playing it.

3. Artyom

Artyom

Resources:
    Resources:
    That I can garentee is gonna happen, ID is working on Doom 4 as we speak.

I know right!?

4. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude play dead space 2, would be totally worth your money XD

No i don't think dead space 2 is that scary, maybe paranoid... and haunting.

I also played amnesia, which was scarier... but sometimes a bit boring.

5. ActualGaming

ActualGaming

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My First Encounter with a Zombie/Mutant guy in Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I have never played a game that scary in my entire life. If you don't know about it - go get it. It's like 10$$ from Steam.

6. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually all those creatures are suppose to be just a fantasy of your character's mind.

7. Elite Slayer

Elite Slayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Debode, I'm with you on the Oblivion zombies! Seriously, the first time I encountered those things in the Ayleid ruins I'm surprised I didn't unequip my weapon and make a run for it. But it was mainly that creepy ambient music that made it scary. Good thing I'm over such things.

As for my scariest moments:
    F.E.A.R -> Yes, I know, many people have already listed this game, but, hot dang, was it scary! The worst were those brief yet horrifying encounters with Alma. In my opinion, F.E.A.R 2 loses in terms of horror to its prequel.

Dino Crisis -> Back in the day when I was more susceptible to being scared easily, this is one of those games that would make me end up playing from beneath my blanket. The ambient music, dark environment, creepy surroundings, and stalking dinosaurs added up to a good survival horror game. In my opinion, Dino Crisis is seriously underrated, just because it is overshadowed by more popular survival horrors like Resident Evil.

I have a few more, but those two are highlights. I've played Dead Space, and I'll admit it's scary, but who agrees with me that it gets repetitive and linear after a while... I mean, by the fifth or sixth chapter, you can already, more or less, tell what's going to pop out of nowhere and when it's going to do so. Before that, though, I guess it's scary.

8. Heiwen

Heiwen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zombie missions in COD: Black Ops

9. DEAD FiSH

DEAD FiSH

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Quake 2 Laboratory Level!
    Level Elements:
    Creepy ambience, marines crying in pain, dark small rooms, tight hallways, labyrinth design, sadistic machines and enemies (brain, iron maiden and medic mostly).

That level scared the crap out of me while I was a kid and it does the same thing today.

10. Marsal

Marsal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Penumbra = Soul Rape

I just finished overture an hour ago.... I'm still a bit depressed.... That end was.....

There is hardly anyone who mention Penumbra... It's from the creators of Amnesia... And one of the "MUST PLAY IT" games.