• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scariest Game Moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well i only know a few games that are actually "scary" but yet again that is my opinion... its just that if u were to decide what the top 5 scariest games.... im sure Doom 3 would be in there, but also again thats my opinion lol :p
Couldn't agree more!

Level 48
Portal, especially before you realize there aren't any zombies in the game. :p Something about walking in an abandoned, quite laboratory as a mute character you can barely ever see is... Well kinda scary. But not terrifying or horrific.

Also, Oblivion zombies. :eek: Just saying. Especially the ones that seem dead but then raise up as you pass near them in the Shivering Isles expansion("Failed Experiments" I think).

Level 20
Hardcore setup:
Play Minecraft with all sounds max, at 3:00 am, window open (assuming that you do not live in town full of lights...), listening to this and drinking energy drink.

And with window open I dont mean the whole window just the whatever thing that blocks your sight.

Level 13
scaries game moments?

When I first time played L4D ...well...I could manage those zombies and that, but when smoker started puling me...(I was playing with bots) but yeah, with versus matches I got used to that game...when I look at it now, it's like any other game :D

about Fear...I never got past the first real mission. I ended somewhere in middle of it, with empty weapons and all sweaty :D (yeah, I sweat a lot when I am scared, but I don't normally :D )

also when playing Morrowind for first time and I left the time in night and there came the hanged woman from the tree >.> THAT WASNT FUNNY AT ALL

also...I generally hate those Suddenly something moments :<

Level 3
Doom 3 was pretty scary when it first came out, being heavily focused on lighting and what not. The part where they introduce the little baby demons freaked me out the most.

But now... meh it's just another game. It'd be cool to see a sequel on PC or a console that utilizes today's technology.
That I can garentee is gonna happen, ID is working on Doom 4 as we speak.

Omfg...Amnesia: The Dark Decent
The scariest, most terrifying, horrible, horrifying game I have ever played. This game will FORCE you to regret playing it.
I know right!?

Level 7
Debode, I'm with you on the Oblivion zombies! Seriously, the first time I encountered those things in the Ayleid ruins I'm surprised I didn't unequip my weapon and make a run for it. But it was mainly that creepy ambient music that made it scary. Good thing I'm over such things.

As for my scariest moments:
F.E.A.R -> Yes, I know, many people have already listed this game, but, hot dang, was it scary! The worst were those brief yet horrifying encounters with Alma. In my opinion, F.E.A.R 2 loses in terms of horror to its prequel.

Dino Crisis -> Back in the day when I was more susceptible to being scared easily, this is one of those games that would make me end up playing from beneath my blanket. The ambient music, dark environment, creepy surroundings, and stalking dinosaurs added up to a good survival horror game. In my opinion, Dino Crisis is seriously underrated, just because it is overshadowed by more popular survival horrors like Resident Evil.

I have a few more, but those two are highlights. I've played Dead Space, and I'll admit it's scary, but who agrees with me that it gets repetitive and linear after a while... I mean, by the fifth or sixth chapter, you can already, more or less, tell what's going to pop out of nowhere and when it's going to do so. Before that, though, I guess it's scary.

Level 15
Quake 2 Laboratory Level!
Level Elements:
Creepy ambience, marines crying in pain, dark small rooms, tight hallways, labyrinth design, sadistic machines and enemies (brain, iron maiden and medic mostly).

That level scared the crap out of me while I was a kid and it does the same thing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.