• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 DotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Terratron WAS an april fool joke.

On subject: Do I want DotA on SC?
........nope!
Will DotA get to SC2?
Unfortunately, it will. But maybe that's better, at least we wont have even cheaper imitations of it lying around SC2 Bnet.

Level 9
Blizzard are a bunch of fools. They apparently think its an example of what the editor can do. What?! What about Sharpshooter?! The Sharpshooter author's prototype TPS? This straight away proves, They. Are. Wrong. Oh, ORPGs! The genres that W3 invented! MAUL! TD! Etc. Undead Assault? Crazy Monkey's Vampirism? Vampirism Beast? Blizzard clearly only play the most famous maps, which the less famous, extremely much better maps own. DoTA is decent, but lowered to bad, for these reasons.
1) It is not worthy of fame, the most played mod in the world, and dominating B.Net.
2) Community. Apparently, some are so dumb they think that only deaths matter. One game, I got 20 kills and 5 deaths. They criticize me and call me a fag...???
3) Other reasons.
Anyway, someone will make a map that the fools at Blizzard realise is an actual map, on SC2, before it can be plagued, and corrupted, by the evil of...Dota.

Level 9
Hero systems have been confirmed, blizzard said they would be incorperating heroes,
items, and extra resources so people could create games similar to ones in WC3. It was
in one of the question batches.

Level 11
Hero systems have been confirmed, blizzard said they would be incorperating heroes,
items, and extra resources so people could create games similar to ones in WC3. It was
in one of the question batches.

Yup, there also be option to create custom races, and they will be selectable under menu in the lobby :).

Also about heroes, you will be able to make custom attributes for them. (Wc3 had quite of limit there)...

My only concern is how they are looking on map size limit...
Would be cool if we could create own mpq's :D

DotA is fine map, DotA community is a biatch!! I stoped playing DotA coz of people not he map itself. Its a decent map... but sure, there are lot better maps, and DIFFERENT.

But there are few good maps...

Level 25
You realize guys the Terratron was an april fools joke?

So was the Goblin Tinker ;)

Blizzard are a bunch of fools. They apparently think its an example of what the editor can do. What?! What about Sharpshooter?! The Sharpshooter author's prototype TPS? This straight away proves, They. Are. Wrong. Oh, ORPGs! The genres that W3 invented! MAUL! TD! Etc. Undead Assault? Crazy Monkey's Vampirism? Vampirism Beast? Blizzard clearly only play the most famous maps, which the less famous, extremely much better maps own. DoTA is decent, but lowered to bad, for these reasons.
1) It is not worthy of fame, the most played mod in the world, and dominating B.Net.
2) Community. Apparently, some are so dumb they think that only deaths matter. One game, I got 20 kills and 5 deaths. They criticize me and call me a fag...???
3) Other reasons.
Anyway, someone will make a map that the fools at Blizzard realise is an actual map, on SC2, before it can be plagued, and corrupted, by the evil of...Dota.

What are you on? They've made their own versions of such maps, + they did a thing on battle.net, (can't give link because I don't have permission to visit that site. Dunno why) to promote custom maps (it failed, but they at least did something).
Also.. Other reasons? At least give valid reasons if you're going to rant.

Level 9
If you guys don't want dota in SC2 then starting learning C, start concepting a map out, starting brainstorming.
Then by the time that SC2 comes around, you'll already have the coding knowledge, a foundation for your games, even models if you want to go that far. Start making a game the day it comes out, be one of the first to make a kickass custom game using the new galaxy coding language. If you beat icefrog to creating a popular game bnet2 wont be completely raped by DOTA

Level 22
Defenders of the Aliens is coming madafakaa! :D It will own all other maps, the plague will be twice as bad, and this time it will corrupt your souls. And apparently the SC2 Defenders will enter the world of Warcraft 3 - i.e someone will export a model from DotAliens to DotAncients

Level 11
Defenders of the Aliens is coming madafakaa! :D It will own all other maps, the plague will be twice as bad, and this time it will corrupt your souls. And apparently the SC2 Defenders will enter the world of Warcraft 3 - i.e someone will export a model from DotAliens to DotAncients

ahhaha DotA*Aliens , damn original xD.

Also without DotA we wouldn't have that good SC2 map editor.

Level 9
Would be really nice if it Dota continued on Starcraft II, with futuristic units and a few intentional changes. Would be nice if they made one soon after Starcraft II releases.

And when the expansion arrives, that's when they can be among superiority levels with more features prepared.

Level 9
Would be really nice if it Dota continued on Starcraft II, with futuristic units and a few intentional changes. Would be nice if they made one soon after Starcraft II releases.

And when the expansion arrives, that's when they can be among superiority levels with more features prepared.

Your probably gonna get alot of hateful comments for that from this community, im okay with dota its just the community is rediculously snobby and rude.

Level 11
<DotA would suck in futuristic look... -.-' DotA is wc3 based game -.-' with wc3 heroes. Duh.

Futuristic AoS, that's better.

If you want to see dota in SC2, then you should make wc3 models for sc2, and import them in dota...

And for me DotA in SC2 could be some kind of Tower Defense. Nothing related to wc3 dota...

Level 9
If icefrog does make a dota for SC2 it will be the same as the WC3 one but with different art/units/heroes. simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.