• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saruman (War of the Ring)

“I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain.” - Saruman

Includes:
Saruman the White (White Robe)
Saruman of Many Colours (Shimmering Robe)
Pestilence (Spell)
*Unseen Force (Coming Soon)
Prison of Ice (Spell)
Voice of Saruman Spell

Texture came from "War of the Ring (2003)", and has been refined and rearranged to fit with Warcraft 3

Updates
-Dramatically reduced green particle count, improving performance
-Increased lifespan to maintain particle presence (less strain on machine)

Concept Art
full
Previews
Contents

Pestilence Spell (Model)

Prison Of Ice Spell (Model)

Saruman (Chromatic) (Model)

Saruman (White) (Model)

Voice Of Saruman Spell (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section. Excellent work!
Level 19
Gotta love your models, they fit ingame so nicely, no matter the history and franchise. You can go and throw all the models into a map and maybe with an exception here and there they all doesnt feel disconnected.

The only thng that I dislike about it is the walking animation- I know Saruman isnt made to run around, but in a map it might happen, and that very standard walking circle might turn quite funny. Maybe adding also a faster jogging or some more movement to the hands would help it?

Level 4
All of your War of the Ring models are perfect! They are just as good as those in WotR.

I hope that you will made all the models from that game, because with wc3 you or anyone else can make right everything that is wrong in WotR and make a great RTS game just like WotR only better.

I like this so much, I would gladly help you with it. I don't know a lot but I'm open for learning.

You have my support! :D

Level 14
Excellent work, the model looks very similar to the concept.
Also, nice effects, you might want to update the description and remove (coming soon) after prison of ice since you added it.
Edit: Nevermind, description updated.

Last edited:
Level 14
I really have no words how awesome this model is and also the spells effects! It's just like it's totally ripped from the original WOTR game. I love you! You really have a talent for modeling :eek: Keep up the good work! 5/5 Maybe give him Necromancer death sound? It suits more for Saruman and the Druid of the Talon death sound suits better for Gandalf in my opinion.

Level 64
Ripping models is not allowed here isn't it?

Correct - Ripped models are against the rules of the Workshop.

Concerning future Models / Accusations of ripping
I was actually put on trial by Hive Staff because someone made the case that my models were rips
I'm still waiting on the results to come back, actually.
If the higher-ups don't believe me and Tamplier, I'm probably going to be banned and won't be able to model for the Hive anymore.

^ That's actually why I get nervous when people say "So good, almost looks ripped!" because my fate is sealed if the Staff decide my models are stolen.

I'd publish a thread showing my response to the accusation, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that.

Level 6

I was actually put on trial by Hive Staff because someone made the case that my models were rips
If the higher-ups don't believe me and Tamplier, I'm probably going to be banned and won't be able to model for the Hive anymore.

^ That's actually why I get nervous when people say "So good, almost looks ripped!" because my fate is sealed if the Staff decide my models are stolen.

I'd publish a thread showing my response to the accusation, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that.
Got it, we'll gonna say "It's definetly doesn't look like in game" :D

No one accused you of your models being rips. We are just being cautious, because we don't want copyrighted materials on the site and we don't want to de-legitimize other users from posting models to the site.
If you and anyone helping you making these models can say without doubt and hesitation that you made all of these models without ripping any bit from the original non-wc3 model then you can stop worrying.