• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saren's True Random Arena (0.92a)

Sarenarass presents...

SAREN'S TRUE RANDOM ARENA
by Me

Map Info:

Well, I was always tired of joining Random Arenas and having people who put in all their own stuff onto the units. I wanted a "classic" WC3 Random Arena. Only WC3 units. Nothing changed. You get them how they are.. and no custom units either. My favorite example of this was the mini-round of Random Arena inside the "Are You a Lucker?" game. My main philosophy is to keep it the units in the game as unchanged as possible.

-If you're lacking players you can always add computers who are functional.

-The Random Events timer doesn't do anything yet.

Features:

-Over ONE THOUSAND (1,000) units to random from! Including many, many heroes from the Warcraft III campaign including your pals: Cenarius, Archimonde, Balnazzar, Arthas and much, much more!

-Hear special dialogue exchanges between certain units when they encounter each other to remind you of the good 'ol Warcraft campaign.

-ALSO includes around 400 units from the Warcraft III: Campaign map that were extracted... one by one from their maps. Never before have you been able to be Menag the Bandit, Scurvy Pirates, Mal'ganis from the level where he is destroying houses or even Califax protecting Illidan! These and countless more awaiting you to play as them.

-Fun game modes where you can work together as a team, use items as creeps. (Wield the Crown of the Deathlord as a sheep!) With more new modes coming soon.

-A working creep-AI, scoreboard, and FLASHY COLOR NAMES by Slimmo.

OVER 1,100 PLAYABLE UNITS AND 273 ITEMS FROM THE WARCRAFT UNIVERSE

To date!

Screenshots and Videos:

picture.jpg

Image Description: I got out every single unit so you could get an idea how many there are... (there are even more in the current versions)

Picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg

picture3.jpg

picture4.jpg

Change Log:

0.1:

-Uploaded map...

0.2:
-Probably fixed the respawn bug.. can now respawn as campaign heroes correctly.
-Added additional campaign hero spawn lines.
-Respawn timers no longer appear visible but are still active to prevent them from flooding your screen.

0.2a: (minor)
-Fixed issue with sounds not playing upon "unique" hero entrances.
-Mal'ganis can now convert villagers into zombies.

0.3:
-Regular units can no longer pick up stat tomes. This is to prevent new players from attempting to use them and crash the game.
-Disabled several abilities due to strange interactions with triggers... such as Possession, Locust Swarm, and Spawn (e.g.: Spawn Hydras, Spawn Spiders...). Will hopefully have them working again soon.
-Team mode is now up and working with its own multiboard and victory conditions.

0.3a:
-Fixed bug with leaderboard not appearing in free for all mode.

0.6:
-Fixed bug with Tome of Greater Experience causing crashes.
-Renamed to 0.6 to prevent confusion of the older 0.5 version (that pre-dates 0.2) on MakeMeHost.com

0.61:
-Fixed bug with Naga not having net.
-Added around 20 more units, 4 more heroes, and around 10 items that I had missed from around the campaign.
-Units with devour can no longer devour high level units (units level 5 or above)
-Put some units previously on the "OP" list (being unplayable) to the playable list so you can now spawn as them. This includes The Forgotten One.
-Moved units passives on their ability list further down so you now can use their active spells such as "firebolt" instead of only being able to see "bash" or "true sight" instead.
-Mal'ganis can no longer convert any unit into a zombie.

0.62:
-Fixed sound bug.
-Fixed Kor'gall only being able to see his passive abilities.

0.7:
-Added about 100 more units you can spawn as (including amphibious ships!.. woo)
-Gave inventories to certain heroes who were lacking.
-Item spawn chance increased from 25% to 33%.

0.71:
-Gave inventories to some heroes that were lacking.
-Can now kill Centaur Hut in addition to Gnoll Hut for 100% chance item.
-Added floating text to gate levers so you know what does what and made gate more responsive.
-Removed some of the trees and re-terrained a bit at the bottom left of the map to make some new paths so it's not just one long road.

0.80:
-There is no chance for Scepter of Healing to drop anymore. It will be removed until further notice due to its extreme preference of units with very high health...
-You can now drop items that do nothing on the Inn in the top left corner of the map to get a new, random item from a preset list of approximately 50 other items.
-You can now bring useless units to the crypt to get a free hero.
-More spawn sounds.
-Minor bugs fixed... probably.. maybe.
Enjoy!

0.90:
-Added about 40 extra campaign units and 4 extra campaing heroes.
-You can now buy a "Random Tower" that when placed will transform into.. a Random Tower. One of 36 Random Towers.
-Updated the version from .80 to .90 on the load screen!

0.91:
-You can now adjust the amount of kills that are required to win to 40 and 50 (from 30). Or you may choose to do nothing! It's optional.
-Fixed issue with Blood Elf ships not being able to move.
-Gave the Cold, Inner, and Blood Sheeps their abilities.
-Added many new dialogue exchanges from the Human Campaign and Undead campaign (Reign of Chaos), Orc and Night Elf dialogues to follow.
-Destructible item drop rate increased from 1/6 to 1/5.

0.91a: (Experimental):
-Added more dialogue interactions.
-Reduced Divine Armour resistance to other attack types and spells to 70% from 5%.

0.9b: (Experimental):
-Thought 70% was a bit too low so made their resistance 50%.

0.92:
-Turned the Church into a shop selling various potions.
-Fixed some units that had no attack not being able to convert into heroes.
-Added in three new previously unplayable units ("unplayable"because they were too overpowered). Might regret it.
-Added the "-New" command to explain the game to people too lazy to use quest log.

0.92:
-Units as scary as Talendar and Eldritch Lord deserve spawn sounds so I added them in because I forgot last version.

Known Bugs:
-Mysterious Unit X who has no model.
-Had to "disable" several abilities due to glitchyness.
-Still some desyncs however this is usually quite rare. If you have any idea on what causes them feedback is always appreciated and I'll see if I can fix it.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Saren, True, Random, Arena, Random Arena, Units,
Contents

Saren's True Random Arena (0.92a) (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet00:33, 17th Aug 2013 Map Approved Saren's True Random Arena (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 4
Hello Sarenarass, can you add random abilities system for heroes? and/or units?

Well, I would, but that kind of goes against my stated philosophy of having the same units remembered from the campaign, editor, etc. (Not changing them) The only units I remember changing was Master of Pain and The Forgotten One and those were for technical issues.

Level 21
This is very fun to play. I have never seen a map with this many custom units. Great job! Just a suggestion, you could add the reign of chaos versions of some units that were replaced in the frozen throne, so we would have even more unit diversity.(Gyrocopter, Priest, Sorceress, Steam Tank, Catapult, Lich, Ballista, Murlocs...)

Level 4
This is very fun to play. I have never seen a map with this many custom units. Great job! Just a suggestion, you could add the reign of chaos versions of some units that were replaced in the frozen throne, so we would have even more unit diversity.(Gyrocopter, Priest, Sorceress, Steam Tank, Catapult, Lich, Ballista, Murlocs...)

Thanks. I'll see if I can find all of those units... I do believe some (if not possibly all) are already in the game.

Level 5
Yes, I do know of both of these bugs but they aren't really bugs... more undocumented features! The way it works when you die is it checks: if a unit dies and then makes sure it wasn't a summonable, building, etc. Units trained do not count as summonables and buildings and thus trigger the respawn if they die.

And with the -respawn bug on getting two units... I generally let people get away with this because it is more detrimental to them than helpful. Odds are you will get either two bad units or a good unit and a bad unit and then you will regret doing that because if you're chicken dies then Archimonde does too.

I know how to make trainable units work!

Just make it so that when a unit is spawned (through your trigger only), it is saved into a variable. Than check if dying unit is the one saved in the variable!

Level 5
Please give me your map - i will continue - this map is buggy and have lots of glitches - i want to fix them all, so PLEASE give me map just for fixing -.-

Level 5
Hey Sarenarass, any news about your Random Arena? it has been 3 months since you started to develop new version... are you even alive?

Level 4
Great map! I hope you haven't stopped worked on it :). If you have, I would beg you to make it open-source. The idea has great potential, but still needs work. But it would be great to have at least the unit-data.

Level 2
Hey, could you provide a unprotected version of this map? I would love to add custom units from all other types of maps, just for fun. I played this with friends so much times, that units are starting to get quite "repetitive". I'm not planning on taking advantage of the map, and take the credit from you, it would be for personal use only. Thank you

Level 4
Hey, longest hiatus ever! I did plan on making this map open source and posting it here.. quite a long time ago. I spent some times attempting to find and recover the hard drive from my old, dying computer that had this map on it but was unsuccessful and then didn't bother logging back onto the hiveworkshop. I might make another attempt to recover it over this Summer but have moved again since then so going to see if I can even find the computer in some box. Doubt anyone is still interested in this old thing but if they are then I hope to appease you!

Level 2
Hi Sarenarass, can't believe you're actually back! I lost faith you would actually come back so, as you can see, it took me almost half a year to check if there were updates on this map. Do you still have the map and are able to provide it?