• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sands of Time [v2.0]

db21516c5f89.png

841f7300615a.png

The war entered into Sanctuary of the Bronze Dragons,
aspects and keepers of the time. The thirst for power
over the past and the future has caused a violation of
peace of the Temple, once hidden from the eyes of mortals.
Fortunately for Bronze Dragons, ordinary mortals can't be too
long inside the Sanctuary. Time for them go too fast...

a3b19a3448d8.png

e197e16ac7fd.png

Mortals cannot stay in the Bronze Sanctuary
for a long time. After the start of the battle,
each player receives a timer in 5 minutes,
after expiring of which they will die.

f1f356dca960.png

d0702396c771.png

When a player kills enemy creatures, he rolls back
his timer for a few seconds ago, turning off the time
of death. Also, every 4 minutes on special points of
the map spawns Runes of Time, which roll back
the player's timer for 2 minutes ago.
9ed5538f55a3.png

5f7bddf6f6de.png

In the center of the map stays the ancient guard
of the Sanctuary - the Timeless One. Defeat him
to gain additional experience and send him to
crush the enemy's base. While the Timeless One
is under control, he stops the timer of he's master.

1cceeed50947.png

9e0ad2a9a8de.png

2 Expansion mines
• 2 Shops
• 2 Goblin Labs
• 2 Mana Founts
• 2 Tavern
• 2 Mercenary Camp
• 6 Green creep camps
• 12 Green orange camps
• 4 Green red camps

349b9ec3b22d.png

Added:
• Upload on Hiveworkshop

Changed:
• Timer reduced to 5 minutes.
• Increased Basilisk's "Sleep" ability cooldown from 6 seconds to 20 seconds.
• Increased Timeless One's (Controled) "Shockwave" ability cooldown from 6 seconds to 15 seconds.
• Increased Timeless One's (Controled) "Cataclysm" ability cooldown from 15 seconds to 25 seconds.

Added:
• If you play with computer you will be able to choose timer amount - 5 Minutes, 7.5 Minutes

or 10 Minutes.
Fixed:
• Timeless One (Contlroled) behaviour.

Changed:
• Opponent timer hidden.
Fixed:
• Now game start correctly.
• Added some drop to units.

Changed:
• Bronze Guardians HP increased to 1150.
• Sand Elementals HP reduced to 475.
Fixed:
• Blue Player now gets bonuses from Rune of Time.

Changed:
• Read reaply to deepstrasz's review.

Changed:
• Reworked fog.
Fixed:
• Music bug.
• Map description.
DRAGON ROAR UPDATE

Added:
• Voice acting by @Elf_Lord for Nozdormu!
Changes:
• Revised phrases for Nozdormu

Changes:
• Some music and voice acting changes.

Changes:
• Bonus time from Runes reduces from 120 sec. to 60 sec.
Fixed:
• Centaur Outruner model bug.

Changes:
• Voicelines, music bugs.
• Timer now can be refreshed over 5 minutes.

0c1df19a864d.png

Z.Ky and he's Bloodwater Oasis!
I'm very grateful to Pinachet for Bronze Dragon model, skrab for
Scavenger Dragon, General Frank for Azure Dragon Judicator model,
eubz for Bronze Dragon Slave model, Sellenisko for Bronze Dragon Spawn model,

takakenji for Blue Dragonspawn General model, Kuhneghetz for Yellow Weredragon model,
minimage for Sand Elemental model, JetFangInferno for Naga Birth, Crushing Wave Damage,
UDeathSmall and Charm Target models, Kirym for runicobject model, and Dimbasik for stones models!

• I'm very grateful to Elf_Lord for really good voice acting!
• All images and pictures in description drawn by Blizzard Entertainment!

If you have interesting ideas, found any bug or
just want to support my projects - please contact me.
Previews
Contents

Sands of Time [v1.9] (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Set to Approved. Changes made.
Level 22
Cool :)
Can I ask why you quote:
Is it a modified version of that map?

I don't like creating terrains (the Cliffs themselves, the location of the ground and etc.).
So I searching for good Melee Maps and makes from them Altered Melee maps.
I change all doodads, textures, creeps and so on. So what left from Bloodwater Oasis? Only cliffs location I think.

Level 3
It's a sweet map, Terrain is fantastic!
and adding seconds to timer can surely attract a lot of chinese players

Anyway here are my suggestions:
Sand Elememtal is quite powerful for a level 4 creep,it has large health pool(650 compares to other averge 400-500) and a pesky AOE spell

Bronze Guardian is underpowered for a level 8 creep,600hp(other level 8 creep have 1000+hp it's even weaker than your sand elemental)
can be easily outmatched by a level 6 Draenei Forseer.....and kill him only give me 20+gold

When a player's base is removed by running out of time,I hope I can continue to play like other melee maps.

And finally,The timeless one belongs to the player 12 instead of Neutral hostile,Is that intended for utility or just a bug?

Level 22
Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Sand Elememtal is quite powerful for a level 4 creep,it has large health pool(650 compares to other averge 400-500) and a pesky AOE spell
Answer: Ok, thanks. I knew that he was strong enough. But I didn't have any problems with him, so I waited for someone to complain. Will be fixed in 1.4.

Bronze Guardian is underpowered for a level 8 creep,600hp(other level 8 creep have 1000+hp it's even weaker than your sand elemental)
can be easily outmatched by a level 6 Draenei Forseer.....and kill him only give me 20+gold
Answer: I thought that he was strong enough because of the presence of buffs and powerful healing. I'll think about what I can do :)

When a player's base is removed by running out of time,I hope I can continue to play like other melee maps.
Answer: Is this so necessary? You have won, there is no sense in continuing to play.

And finally,The timeless one belongs to the player 12 instead of Neutral hostile,Is that intended for utility or just a bug?
Answer: It's not a bug.

Level 1
Good Map (Buen Mapa) Note: ¡El tiempo me limita mucho y también al mapa! (Time limits me a lot and also to the map) Thank for the Map!!!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Avoid playing music through the sound channel and use the one for music.
There is no information in the Quest Log.
The trees don't really fit.
Seconds text could have a different colour than the one for gold (neutral hostile unit bounty).
Could make some theme based items.
It just looks weird that the Timeless dies and another one gets out of it. What about just turning it to the player's side when it's near death and set its life to 100% afterwards?
Wouldn't it be better for the Timeless giant to be timed like a summoned unit?

Overall, a neat idea but with no modification to existing races.

Set to Awaiting Update.

====================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 22
Avoid playing music through the sound channel and use the one for music.
Answer: It is really much easier to use it as sound - any problems with interruptions and so on.
There is no information in the Quest Log.
Answer: Done.
The trees don't really fit.
Answer: Hmm, I didn't think so. And it's not only my opinion. By the way this trees mix are the best that World Editor can offer.
Seconds text could have a different colour than the one for gold (neutral hostile unit bounty).
Answer: Done.
Could make some theme based items.
Answer: Yes, I can. But it isn't a map's minus. I always can add it in the future.
It just looks weird that the Timeless dies and another one gets out of it.
Answer: Really important :) Done.
Wouldn't it be better for the Timeless giant to be timed like a summoned unit?
Answer: So already is.
Screenshots could attract more players to download your work.
Answer: Screenshots were originally.

Level 4
This is actually quite nice,the terrain is quite nice in my opinion,the music fits really well for a desert map even tho Nozdormu is annoying to kill sometimes.

Level 4
It's okay for him to be a little overpowered since he's a boss and I like that you did put him in there as he fits just perfectly but the only thing is that the player who defeats him gets him on his side,so if the enemy gets him and still has a good enough army to beat you then with his help their chances will be raised. (NOTE : If my english is bad and hard to understand,then sorry.)

Level 22
I tried to make the boss capture hard enough that after the battle the player suffered sufficient losses, and couldn't rush the enemy.
In theory, after capture, the player simply wins time for himself, as the timer freezes, and he has time to rebuild the army while the enemy defends his base.

(NOTE : If my english is bad and hard to understand,then sorry.)
Oh man, you didn't notice that mine is also just awful, so don't worry :D

Level 4
Yes,I figured that was your idea in the first place of making the capture idea but I'm just saying if there's just such a smart guy to come up with a strategy of not having high losses when fighting Nozdormu. If someone like that exists lol.

Level 8
The game is very enjoyable to play, the aesthetics of the map are amazing and very climatic. New unit models made the map even more immersive with their interesting design and abilities. The idea of a timer is also a nice touch, though I feel like it doesn't matter too much unless you pick the 5 minute option. Maybe the time reward for killing creeps could be reduced a bit?

As for Nozdormu, he actually feels a bit underpowered for a boss. I suppose there could be a difficulty setting created so that with greater difficulty Nozdormu deals more damage and uses more powerful skills (other than Shockwave, which feels like kind of a bummer, since all the other creeps use very nicely animated abilities and the most important unit in the game only has Shockwave?).

There's a minor issue with the creep camp I noticed - Centaur Outrunner uses a different model which doesn't remind me of a Centaur at all. The model is very pretty, it's just the name you'd probably have to fix (Sand Kin, Time Dweller or something, I don't know).

The visual part of the map is just perfect. The audio also puts you in the right mood, making the map very enjoyable to play and the sand blowing effect is amazing, I'll have to take a look at the map in World Editor to see how you did something so nice.

The last suggestion may be to change one of the fountains to regenerate health. It's not like it's necessary, but I feel like it would make the game much more dynamic if the players didn't have to come back to their back so often.

Summing up, very beautiful map with visible effort put into it. Plays nice, feels very immersive (apart from the Centaur), but I feel like the map could use some additional difficulty setting.