1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Samurai's Brawl v0.71

Submitted by Nudl9
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Samurai's Brawl is a new little project of mine, where you fight around in a small village as either a Samurai or a Ninja. This is a skill based map where reaction, aim and brain is a factor to winning. All attacks can be dodged in one way or another. The abilities are also designed to have not just one, but several purposes. The terrain also have alot of different gameplay elements to make the map interesting such as buildings with cliff sight advantage, sight blocking hedges of grass and tall grass that makes you invisible when hiding within.

You might say Ninja vs Samurai and Bloodline Champions have been 2 major games to influence my map.

Ingame Screenshots: (action shots)
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Changelog version 0.70:
-Glaivemaster and Kunoichi has complete ability sets now, which means all 4 classes are done.
-Fixed target unit for health pot
-Fixed a bunch of bugs
-Various rebalance

Keywords:
samurai, ninja, ninjas, samurais, samurai assault, samurai clash, samurai brawl, samurai's brawl, nudl9, era, japan, nobodu, katana, assassins, assass
Contents

Samurai's Brawl v0.71 (Map)

Reviews
00:53, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh. That's a damn shame. Although I do not know about Forged Warfare and Island Domination, I did what I can to spread Samurai's Brawl (which for some reason, despite its awesomeness, did not catch on battle net D:) and I often see people playing Prison Break.

Edit: I've just read up the description of both Island Domination and Forged Warfare and they seem to be pretty awesome, as much as the two maps I already know. You're a great editor, with original ideas of story and gameplay... And yet, your maps do not get hosted, for the exception of Prison Break. Y U IS NOT FAMOUS? D:

I'm going to give you +rep where I can because you just deserve it. Despite the bad taste for maps of some players.

2. oocyaa

oocyaa

Resources:
    Resources:
    must try ..
    downloading

3. Sgt.Pierce

Sgt.Pierce

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is my feedback..
    -5/5 Terrain
    -5/5 Skills
    -5/5 Models
    -4/5 AI

-->AI
    There's no GlaiveMaster and sometimes they stuck at one side..
    -->Comment
    This is a great map, i love playing it even my opponents are AI.
    Rating-5/5

4. I hate this map from the bottom of my heart. I suck so badly at it, but its not entirely me. There are few things that I think are ok to say, even though I can't stand to lose to mindless AI... Nudl9 fix the AI so it can LOSE :D (obvious ego problem here)

No seriously, the AI wins me everytime

#1 - Its all dodge/attack
    Kinda reminds me of Savage2. If you played Savage2 you know what I mean. Even though its awesome with all different units and abilities and items, its all about block/attack and only melee. Because only melee wins. Same here - you put many abilities that aren't even useful when all you need is dodge/attack. The glaivemaster - completely useless. Well he is good for feeding though, but anything else... nah.

#2 - Pots need targeting
    Yes that is exactly what I look for when I play FFA and there are 2 bots after me, 1 waiting at the bush and the other just respawned. I click the pot and I can accurately click my portrait without me... damnit I died with a full inventory of pots... again...

Team play pots != FFA pots. Make pots for FFA, without targeting... please...... before they kill me again :3

#3 - Y I can't kill everyone and live
    I like that in maps... the ability to manslaughter everything and live to tell about it. And buy more items and do it again. only faster... with more sharp knives or forbidden magic... in here though, I'd be lucky if I can dodge the next attack...

There is no consistency and no balance. There is uniqueness, yes. Unexpected ambush ninjas, leaping samurai, throwing glaivemasters and the boooobies class... but no balance. You can't depend on anything but dodge. I've died in windwalk. I've died in stealth. I've died when they clearly hit the illusion. I've died from unknown heart condition (probably just didn't dodge that one)

Long story short (less ego treatment for myself, because I suck at this game) - besides dodge and attack, everything else is glitter on the cake. Its meant to shine and look nice, but it doesn't do anything. Sometimes it just gets you killed you think that stealth > then ultimate > then trap > then bombs > yada yada will combo the XXXX out of the enemy, he just comes and kills you. Period

I love everything about this map, but I hate to lose at it. And I hate your bots. Really really hate them. But I love the pretty houses and that I can climb on them... before they decide to Steven Seagal their way on the roof and kill me.

5. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've kind of discontinued the map due to lack of popularity and own interest.

Anyway here's my reply as for your review:

#1: Heh i've played Savage 2, kinda liked it and i do get your point. A ranged class has been on my mind and i've seriously considered changing the Glaivemaster into a ranged class. Possibly even making all attacks manual abilities, i've yet to experiment with this. I don't think The Glaivemaster is lacking in any ways, but his playstyle simply isn't suited very much to the game. It's all about setup and predictability and not so much instant combat.

#2: Pot idea is actually quite nice, will consider it if i ever actually pick up working on the map. (Not unlikely)

#3:
    Well might want to reconsider your actions before rushing into battle, keeping the coldowns in check might be good idea and preferably a nearby escape route.

Balance is based on online play with real players, not around the AI players. The AI was purposedly made for testing as i do not have the ability to host games, lack people to do it for me or any volunteers for that matter.
    I mean the AI is pretty predictable in it's way of never backing down, path's and combat. It even overrides situations where invisibility is involved because they have instant reaction time unlike real players. The only thing i've done to make them more realistic is random actions and delay to make them seem a little more alive.

But hey i got alot of sparetime so i might pick it up for the enjoyment of doing some mapmaking. Got the to-do-list ready atleast:
    >Finish the classes and bugs
    >Fix FFA/Team Pot
    >Improve AI in ways possible: objective play, roof jumping, more variable movement (camping, hesitation, escape), approach stealth enemy delay, etc
    >Do manual attack?

6. UnHolyDarKness

UnHolyDarKness

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey man , its a great map but i've got one question , where did you get that black cloud , thats just like slarks ultimate from dota
    download link plz

7. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    sentrywiz made me think... You should really make the skills more powerful, and perhaps more complicated... So that they are the difference between a good player and an AWESOME player. (Basic strategy and understadning of mechanisms are the difference between bad and good already.)

8. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    UnHolyDarKness@Not quite sure, but you should be able to find it here on hiveworkshop. However i would not recommend using it since it's an fps sink. Been looking for an alternative francly.

SasuhKun@I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the goal has and is for the game to be simple to learn, but hard to master.

Been eagier to release a new version, but i've run up against a wall with the boomerang and ultimate of the glaive character. Will see what i can do, but i've got alot of different projects going on currently.

9. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahn, yes, that's what I meant. But even if you are a master, I feel that it wouldn't be enough. I'm suggesting buffing the skills, although making their use more difficult perhaps. Or maybe just buff them, I don't know if their difficulty lvl is enough for now.

10. dota66

dota66

Resources:
    Resources: