1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Samurai's Brawl v0.71

Submitted by Nudl9
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Samurai's Brawl is a new little project of mine, where you fight around in a small village as either a Samurai or a Ninja. This is a skill based map where reaction, aim and brain is a factor to winning. All attacks can be dodged in one way or another. The abilities are also designed to have not just one, but several purposes. The terrain also have alot of different gameplay elements to make the map interesting such as buildings with cliff sight advantage, sight blocking hedges of grass and tall grass that makes you invisible when hiding within.

You might say Ninja vs Samurai and Bloodline Champions have been 2 major games to influence my map.

Ingame Screenshots: (action shots)
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Changelog version 0.70:
-Glaivemaster and Kunoichi has complete ability sets now, which means all 4 classes are done.
-Fixed target unit for health pot
-Fixed a bunch of bugs
-Various rebalance

Keywords:
samurai, ninja, ninjas, samurais, samurai assault, samurai clash, samurai brawl, samurai's brawl, nudl9, era, japan, nobodu, katana, assassins, assass
Contents

Samurai's Brawl v0.71 (Map)

Reviews
00:53, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Goosebearslug

Goosebearslug

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map is quite fun until you reach a certain amount of kills because it is quite repetative. I sudjest maybe making events that happen ocasionally to make it more exciting.

2. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes i am quite aware of it, because in fullhouse games people stack like fish in a barrel. I have plans for making 2 new arenas, but if either of them will be bigger then the current i am not sure of.

I think the main issue lies within the limited content of the map which it currently is. Adding more classes, items game modes, arenas would definantly help, but of course if i overdo it'll turn into something like DotA which is more of quantity rather then quality. Thats why im looking looking to improve the old abilities so they're suit for multiple situations and making the gameplay differ a bit for each time.

3. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want answer in question what classes are you thinking to put.

4. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well so far i've planned on finishing the Kunoichi class atleast. Then im going to make a samurai demon class for ONI mode (Oni means demon/devil/ogre/troll) and lastly either a fuuma or archer class.

5. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kunoichi :mad: but kunoichi is just a female ninja.

6. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know, its just lack of a better name :p

7. RaidonGod

RaidonGod

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    hmm ... some more classes would be also more fun. hope you put some new classes into the brawl as soon as possible. this gets fast boring some people said after few rounds. :s

8. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Read changelog, there are 3 classes now, it should be enough for now.
    There will be atleast 1 more in the future aswell more items.

As for the next version goes im gonna add different game modes such as CTF and Oni mode + 2 more arenas to fight on.
    Hopefully i can also introduce some new interesting gameplay elements on the new arenas.

9. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice job on this!

10. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    So whats the next class?

11. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great map with fluent and dynamic gameplay. :) I like it.

Edit: pageclaim, as epic as this map. XD

12. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oni, fuuma and archer.

13. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eh????Whats fuuma and oni?

14. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im referring Fuuma as to one of Black Stan's models: HeroKataroFuuma
    [​IMG]
    As for what to name the class im unsure of, but i will figure something out.

Oni is simply put another word for demon, its a class im going to make especially for a gamemode where a player becomes the Oni by getting first blood and the others will have to kill him to become the Oni. Of course its not going to be simple since his abilities are pretty powerfull.
    Im either basing this class on the Red Blademaster model or on one of Black Stan's models.

15. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oni model?Here's fuuma name : Samurai Ranger. xD

16. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New version:

Changelog version 0.50:
    -Added 2 arenas
    -Added game modes
    -Added team/ffa
    -Added gametime
    -Various other cotton candy changes

Played a few matches vs. players on the new gamemodes, its definantly much more interesting playing with game objectives.
    Btw FFA CTF isnt available yet, im going to finish it for the next version. It will be something like 1 flag passing through the map to the other flagroom, could turn out cool aswell ^^

As for next version goes i will also add a goalscore game setting and maybe optional options for each mode such as reverse CTF (assault mode).

17. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    You start annoying me with making vers too fast xD

18. Hawk

Hawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is awesome, the terrain is nice and realistic & the models were good but please make more heroes. 5/5 +rep

19. ELECTROLYTE

ELECTROLYTE

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was playing the game and someone tried to switch teams and by accident, they typed -switch 34 and the game crashed :/

20. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Working on it, will fix it by the next version.