1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Samurai's Brawl v0.71

Submitted by Nudl9
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Samurai's Brawl is a new little project of mine, where you fight around in a small village as either a Samurai or a Ninja. This is a skill based map where reaction, aim and brain is a factor to winning. All attacks can be dodged in one way or another. The abilities are also designed to have not just one, but several purposes. The terrain also have alot of different gameplay elements to make the map interesting such as buildings with cliff sight advantage, sight blocking hedges of grass and tall grass that makes you invisible when hiding within.

You might say Ninja vs Samurai and Bloodline Champions have been 2 major games to influence my map.

Ingame Screenshots: (action shots)
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Changelog version 0.70:
-Glaivemaster and Kunoichi has complete ability sets now, which means all 4 classes are done.
-Fixed target unit for health pot
-Fixed a bunch of bugs
-Various rebalance

Keywords:
samurai, ninja, ninjas, samurais, samurai assault, samurai clash, samurai brawl, samurai's brawl, nudl9, era, japan, nobodu, katana, assassins, assass
Contents

Samurai's Brawl v0.71 (Map)

Reviews
00:53, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 00:53, 30th Jul 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. RaidonGod

RaidonGod

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    fucking good map. :D
    I tell you all, this map is funny as hell. :xxd:
    5/5 , +rep , Vote for Approval. ;D

3. meatfactory

meatfactory

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Funny? You sure you got the right map? :eekani:
    The map is very well made but I fail too see anything humorous about that. :wink:
    Terrain is really well done 5/5.
    There is still work to be done on the heroes but since I think it's in beta state thats not a problem. It would be a very interesting hero arena to play when it's finished. Keep working on this :)

4. ELECTROLYTE

ELECTROLYTE

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome Map!!! The abilities are very nice and game seems balanced, can't wait for the next version :D

5. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh my God......This game is freakin good.And 2 ideas for next ver:A little shop with upgrades for your class. example: +5 hp +10 move speed +2 mp regain.
    And 2nd idea:when you die you spawn with the class you had picked at start.You dont choose again.

6. Rangerdeaths

Rangerdeaths

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi. The map is good. However, i find that samurai are weaker than ninja. Moreover, the game is fastly repetitive. Maybe you should add events, missions, shops... Well it's a good beggining.

7. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback i really appreciate it.
    I havent been able to work on the map for a lil while since i've been away bathing in the sun.
    I will see what i can do to improve the gameplay and make it even more fun and less repetive! :)

8. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tried singleplayer, cool abilites. Gonna try multiplaya!!

edit:
    tried multiplayer, was very fun but as its so hard to find ppl nowadays, plz add bots :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  9. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will consider it, but it would just be alot of work.

10. Taldwin

Taldwin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice Terrain Man, 10~10

11. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should do it as easy as randomly spawning them as with players and make em attack move to a random position if they have full hp. Then you atleast got something to fight :p It's gonna be worth it.

12. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well that i can easily do, but to make the bots use spells properly wont happen :/.

I have made an AI now for the next future version.
    The AI is a bit simple, but works nicely and the bots are infact able to kill you even though they're pretty stupid.
    I've also added a little random factor to everything they do to make them look more lively, however they wont replace real players.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  13. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    gr8, can't wait :D This is actually the most enjoyable map I've found here, and I've been around for 2 years.

14. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    x0x0ax00ax0ax0ax0ax0 now you made me remember that i won in me vs 3 guys with samurai.

15. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pandaren_God@Well in version 0.35 the ninja was infact more powerfull.
    It depends a bit on the playstyle though.
    The samurai for example has more crowd control abilities aswell as being able to escape without taking much harm.
    While the ninja is more of a lurker support class and can only take care of one player at a time.

Anyway im considering adding 2 new abilities to each class.
    -For samurai a projectile net ability to put enemies down to the ground for 2.5 seconds.
    -As for the ninja he will get an offensive ability, a kunai with an explosive seal which is thrown in an arc and explodes after 2 seconds or so.

16. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant that i was the samurai and all others were ninjas....What classes will you put?

17. Reaper51

Reaper51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome map 5/5. Reminds me of the good old days of ninja vs samurai.
    Things you should do:
    -add secret item shop on some rooftops or in the bushes.
    -add more abilities for all heroes
    -add another hero class, maybe 2

18. CBX Entertainment

CBX Entertainment

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  19. Luffy_299

Luffy_299

Resources:
    Resources:
    Btw the map is too little for fullhouse.:pmeh: