• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skeleton.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I Made that skin when i saw that the skeleton were all wearing stainless steel armor and weapon and that theyre bones were white like snow.

so i made a rusty skeleton skin for those who want more realistic living dead.

Hope it will be usefull.

Updated:

added some hole, better rust color, and better sword.

Keywords:
Skeleton, Rusty, Undead
Contents

Rusty Skeleton (Texture)

Reviews
20:02, 29th Jun 2008 Werewulf: Simple Recolour with poor freehand.

M

20:02, 29th Jun 2008
Werewulf: Simple Recolour with poor freehand.

Level 6
Hmm.. Ole Rusted Skele.. Nice. Nut maybe you should make some parts of the armor/sword have rust holes and stuff for a more realistic feel to it.

Level 6
i did not used filter, the armor pieces were made using the burn tool, not a cnp texture.

i recolored the bones, because theyre was no need for something complicated.

the skull were colored in another tone and shaded.

the skins were suposed to be in a boring color sheme, because its an old skeleton, in rusty armor. its more like a correction of the stainless steal armored white like snow skeleton than an artwork.

sorry if i made mistake in my comment, im not realy good at english.

I believe you do not understand what Freehand is.

It's the Brush Tool. When you want to apply shadows darken the shade of the colour you are using, do not use burn. When you want highlights make the colour lighter, do not use dodge. You have much more control over the colour this way.

Recolours are against the rules. Do not use them at all. Either redo the bones freehanded or keep them like the original.

Level 6
ok... i taught that recolor was: Passing over stuff whit a low opacity brush to change the color whitout changing the feature,

that copy and paste was:... copy and pasting part...

that pattern was using texture to draw and that free hand was completely remake a part from zero.

im not wrong at all point but i will verify my definition of those word...

i agree that my skins is using recolor, but no pattern, cnp, or any other thing, and that i do not freehanded much...i mostly recolored the armor and used some of the tool to make it look lijke rust, mostly using the burn tool.

but i did not made this to be against the rules, but because i misunderstood some of them.

i will be absent for a time and will not be able to respond to further commentary atlest for some day.

(the grunt version and the wyrm one as whit the edit of the archer will be made after my return, for the other one im not sure of theyre concept for now...)