1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Russian Support Units

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"Let's see Lenin beat these moves!"
-Antony Kickheelovich

This model uses an omni-skin, meaning you only have to download the skin once for all models in the Russian Pack to work.

Features
- Imperial HMG (WWI)
- Imperial HMG (WWII)
- Soviet HMG (WWII)
- Soviet sniper (WWII)
- Imperial Sniper (WWI/II)

Coming Soon
- Imperial AT
- Soviet AT

Keywords: Wrath, of, the kaiser, world, war, warfare, I, one, WWI, machine, gun, gunner, Russian, imperial, white, army, HMG, LMG, SMG, PPSH, Assault

Co Authors
- SonsofSami

Additional credit to Zess for the wheeled HMG base

Changes
- Updated Attack Animation
- Updated Walk Animation
- Updated Stand Alternate Animation (fixed)
- Fixed mouth interior on-- everyone (new texture wrap change I forgot)
Previews
Contents

Russian HMG (Model)

Soviet HMG (Model)

Imperial HMG (Model)

Soviet Sniper (Model)

Cossack Sniper (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.
  1. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Map Start

The map starts in the year 1910, so everyone is neutral at the start and can form whichever alliances they want based on who-has-what
    The Bolsheviks start with Volograd under their control, while the Tzar starts with Saint Petersburg and Moscow under his belt.

Techtrees

Their tech-trees are identical up until they reach ~1925, at which point, if the Tzar (Yellow) is still alive, his Tier II soldiers (WWII Variants) are alternate-history Tzarist soldiers with a hefty Cossack theme, while the Bolsheviks go from wearing traditional Russian uniforms to that of the USSR.

Plan

Originally, Russia was a single faction that had a neutral building in it's borders, the Bolshevik Gathering. If the year 1917 rolled by while this building was still alive, the Red Revolution would occur, the team colour would change, and the Tzar would be replaced with Trotsky or Lenin.
    So Russia could either burn down the building and shoot the collaborators to stay Imperial, or they could let history take it's course.
    If Russia goes Communist - They permanently lose access to the Tzar Tanks and the Cossack Elite, but they now have access to Commissars, which are summoner units which can summon ~4-6 conscripts for free per commissar as well as the T-series of tanks.

Balance

Though this current 2-Player design is somewhat clunky, I'm forced to use it because Russia would be the single-most powerful faction at the start of the game otherwise.
    I am open to suggestions though.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very Interesting plan, I'm all in it sounds great! (Also by T-series tanks I assume other tanks as well?) Also does that mean you'll be making other Russian Empire teir 2 units?

3. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yes - there will be a Tzarist...
    - Sniper
    - Anti-Tank Unit
    - SMG Unit
    - HMG Unit (WWII)
    - Trench Fighter

4. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, in fact, the balance can be achieved in another way: at the time of the start of the game, Russia is just a VERY poor country that does not have access to advanced technologies, which can be reflected with the help of additional requirements for troops, buildings and their abilities (except riflemens, cossacks and cavalry).
    Few technological and industrial centers (only Moscow and St. Petersburg, plus or minus two cities, depending on the scale of the map and this will be almost true), logistical problems in view of the huge distances.
    You can give the player a choice between two paths of development: concentrate on starting economic centers, which will be cheaper, but will create problems in the late game (because you don't create units where it is more convenient, but redirect them from more distant places, besides the loss of one of the two centers is an extremely serious blow to your power), or choose the path of extensive economic development, creating new technological and production centers, which will result in an advantage in the late game, but will force to balance on the edge of poverty for a long time.

Thus, you either contain only a relatively large number of weak units, or a small number of advanced units.
    Units that will be strong enough and cheap enough will only appear with serious investments in the economy and industry, and closer to the second half of the game.
    In addition, this approach will reflect one of the main features of Russia - the constant mobilization.
    As I remember our history, the main force was not the ability to outnumber the enemy by the bigger count of soldiers on the front, but abundance of reserves and ability to quickly compensate losses.

It may be worthwhile to work with upkeep mechanics: the reduction of resources from Russia begins earlier, but with the help of improvements it will constantly decrease.
    Example:
    1 Germany - 30% after 50 pop
    2 Russia before upgrade - 30% after 30 pop
    3 Russia after upgrade - 30% after 70 pop

BTW, idea of two players is fantastic and tastes like something really new.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  5. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Any suggestions for how the Russian Mob / Generic Militia unit should look?

6. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, I found some references
    1 2 3 4 5
    For worker is boilersuit pants\apron, short sleeved shirt (teamcolored), goggles ant gloves, for militia - flat cap, pea coat. For legs may be just pants, shoes with windings, or pants tucked into boots.
    Armbands as timcolor.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  7. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Partisans?

8. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    As i understand description, not only partisans, but also volunteers from People's Militia divisions like in Leningrad and battle of Moscow

9. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also (when you can) for Soviet WW2 HMG you can use the DShk HMG, DShk HMG - Google Search Wheeled or Tripod version (tripod like for the MG42 boi)

10. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The DShk MG has some clipping in stand and walk animations between the bracket and the magazine that i couldn't fix : /
    There is some mess up in the bottom back of the MG shield.
    I like the new skin though, its much better.
    Also, the cossack sniper looks amazing!
    Edit: Wait, why is the cossack sniper dancing like that? xD

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  11. Anglo Warior

Anglo Warior

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, God! That cossack dance. That's the greatest thing I've seen! That made my bloody day!

12. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Cossack Snipers dance is perfect XD
    Will the Anti-tank rifleman be added later?

13. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Aye, currently I'm rigging new skeletons for Russian/Imperial AT units

The Imperial AT will have a PIAT and thus custom animations, the Soviet AT will have the AT rifle and animations that aren't literal copies of the sniper animations

14. Wayshan

Wayshan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't express how much do I love your standing HMG model. It's super great =)

15. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.