1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Runescape Project [new]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by xorkatoss, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is it you need terraining exactly because that makes alot of diffrence? For example me I would hate to create Al'Kharid and the whole dessert area but I would on the other hand love to create a snowy mountain.

2. We're still on Lumbridge since both Xork and I aren't very good at terraining; If you need doodads just let us know and we will make them.

3. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well... I wasen't trying to join the team I got turned down 2 years ago so I wount try again. ;)

4. =P I know, but if you were bored and wanted to do some terrain you could.

5. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    So you don't want to offer me a place in the team but you want me to make the terrein for your team??? Ain't those the same things?

6. Ask Xork about team stuff I just need some terrain to get done T.T

7. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    but you said that you don't want to join the team since you got turned down 2 years ago, maybe you could make some terrain without joining the team? we could add you on the "Special Thanks" list:p

8. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well... maybe tell me what to do, send me the models and I'll send you something and you'll decide if it's good enough or not.

9. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Instead of making an Icon out of an Icon. Just use the icons inside the icons. So its a larger sword. A larger constitution heart. Instead of having the blackness and the boarder around it. I personally think it would look better that way.

Do the same with runes.

10. I would but I'm not exactly what you'd call even a "noob" at photoshop, I was lucky enough to know how to paste and figure out how to use the icon border pack for the layers. If anyone would like to create some new icons for us I'd be happy to put them in instead of the ones I've made.

11. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    It would look horrible at its regular icon size. But when you put them in that "Skills" section. They do look better. So it couldn't be too hard doing it your self. Try looking at some tutorials.

12. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think to make the whole world of Runescape is too much work, I advise that the developers of RuneScape work on the free version of Runescape (Varrock, Karamja, Crandor, Lumbridge, Al Kharid, Wilderness, Edgeville, Falador).

I was trying to make RuneScape but I wondered why would I play Runescape in Warcraft when I can play RuneScape online so I stopped working on it and because I could not find models suitable for my former RuneScape project. I could make a mini RuneScape mod about something. I wonder when is this going to be done because I am not sure that there are models necessary to finish this project.

13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Above
    true true, make the whole runescape with mobs balance quests etc would take way to much time, wc3 would be dead long ago when finished

@project
    If you need help with triggers or ideas in some way feel free to pm

14. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The RuneScape project does not have to be something great, because if everything is copied from RuneScape, it would still not look same as RuneScape. The project could be based on survival in Wilderness, where players pk or Clan Wars. I tried myself and the map, systems, units took long to finish, I just finished some areas and quit.

I have a video about RuneScape, I abandoned this map it is just a RuneScape experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmuep6s4fM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3nHGU18oRE&list=UUvy_vw2mtsrK0S5tGp69Qjg&index=1&feature=plcp

15. ATM we're starting with Lumbridge.

Since both Xork and I are doodad modelers we can make just about whatever we need; I'm not even sure if this project is still going TBH mainly because nothing has been done in awhile...

16. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hello guys!
    Here I am, the Leader of this project.
    I will sadly announce that this project has died, due to not being able to find a terrainer and having few members in the development team, we weren't making any progress at all with the map so it's best to let you know.

So I'd like to say thank you, for all of the support in this project and the last Runescape Project
    - xorkatoss, Project Leader

17. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is SPARTA project @.@ I love this, i play this but single players Y.Y

18. I really hate to necro this but, just in case anyone wanted to have a look at the files we had, here are all of the files in our group dropbox. There isn't much but it's what we had done along with the images, text files, few models and some other misc stuff.

The basics of the project were planned out and we probably could have finished the project (I know we could have) but the lack of any other members and of certain things we needed caused the project to fail as far as I can remember.

Attached Files:

19. darkzxx

darkzxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    o.o another runescape project huh

20. Lungdrache

Lungdrache

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can i be the beta tester?