1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ruins of Byzantes v1.0.7

Submitted by dtnmang
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Ruins of Byzantes
v1.0.7
You wake up with a new message on your phone.
A mysterious number wants you to depart for the derelict city of Byzantes for an endeavor. They have even provided you with a ticket and itinerary in advance. Will you take them up on their offer?

Welcome to ruined city of Byzantes. Here's a place where the good and pure have left, and the scoundrels have settled in. Heeding a call to the city for a job, it soon becomes apparent that the city's denizens want to either kill, or eat you. You will fight them using your sword, your gun, your hammer, whatever you have on your hand, and occasionally, chemical warfare. Will you just complete your job and go home? Or will you stay to uncover the city's secrets?

Ruins of Byzantes is a map inspired by good ol' WarChasers. Choose between several "champions" (including 2 secret guests :p), each with their own unique abilities and background. My original intention was to create an RPG map with a fair amount of challenge, some secrets here and there to keep the player engaged, and a semblance of worldbuilding. Please be noted that this might not yet be the final version. If you encounter any problem, glitches, errors, or bugs, contact me on my HIVE profile or on the HIVE Discord.
As of v1.06 the lag spikes in patch 1.31 when certain spells are cast have been fixed (thanks Bribe). However I will still include the 1.26-supported version and keep its parity with the official latest version. There is not much visual difference between the 1.31-supported and 1.26-supported versions.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Credits to the following for their models:
From the HIVE - -Grendel, Azsure, CRIS, Callahan, Chriz., Cuore, Deolrin, Direfury, Em!, Freddyk, General Frank, Grey Knight, Gyrosphinx, HappyTauren, HerrDave, Himperion, ILH, KAIL333XZ, Kitabatake, Mike, Mythic, PROXY, Solu9, Stefan.K, The_Silent, Tranquil, Ujimasa Hojo, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, arnelbigstonepd33r, donut3.5, epsilon, infrenus, olofmoleman, tilinghast, wc3neverdies

From XGM - Andreich, Belaja, Burn to shadow, Empyreal, FrancK, Klarnetist, P4ela, Rvn, cookie, denismilyaev1, ket, psychosis, strenyoff

Credits to the following for their textures and skins:
PrincePhoenix, Blizzard Entertainment, CD Projekt

Credits to the following for their scripts:
Bribe, Almia

Credits to the following for their sounds:
Frank Klepacki - "Rise of Harkonnen", "Under Construction"

Other credits to: (for the... ideas!)
Square Enix, Team Ninja, zixaphir
- Fixed a behavior where an event was not triggering properly after a game is loaded.​
- Added new soundtracks. Thanks Frank Klepacki for the kickass Dune themes!​
- Fixed a rare instance where an event does not trigger, preventing the player from progressing.
- Revision 2: Fixed lag spike issues and corrected the Kunoichi's ultimate (now has 100% Evasion as described in the tooltip)
- Revision 3 (1.06b): Some minor ability fixes, for patch 1.31 version only.​
- Fixed visibility issues. For patch 1.31 version only.​

Contents

Ruins of Byzantes (Map)

Ruins of Byzantes (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Tried this on 1.30.4 instead. [spoiler] EDIT: [spoiler] Please test your maps on the newest patches as well, don't just save them with the latest version. Awaiting Update. Please next time put me directly in the spot I was with the gear, spells,...
  1. shadowhog

shadowhog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Playing as Caine
    Got to the room with the three colored circles at the gate. I talked to the npc and he let me get into a room where i fought a gnoll and some satyrs.
    After the fight the door was closed and invulnerable and the chest in the room was not doing anything.

Reloaded a save a few mins ago and now the npc does not give me options

2. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All right, I'll take a look at it and get back to you.

Edit: There's been a mistake in the triggering order of that event. An item is supposed to spawn at the gnoll but because of the mistake it didn't spawn properly. It's fixed for for now. By the way, do you experience any desync while playing?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  3. shadowhog

shadowhog

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have not desync yet but granted i did not get very far.

Edit: First dysnc was a little ways into the area where the skeleton and marksman spawn

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  4. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Desyncs are very strange indeed. They didn't happen in the 1.26-1.28 supported version which was the first version developed, so naturally they shouldn't happen in 1.30+ either.

5. Krotos

Krotos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Any chance of making this multiplayer as it's apparently single player?

6. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's not a high priority on my list right now, but I'm open to collaboration. Making it multiplayer would require rebalancing and recoding of event triggers, but luckily the spells are already MUI.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  7. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yesterday I uploaded a test version for patch 1.31 by mistake. I've corrected it now.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should name the maps properly since it's confusing which is for what version.
    Why meme commando as the author?

That player team name though "Naughty Boys".

1. Indomitable Spirit seems pretty useless compared to what it could have done for instance, also slow attack speed. It's not like the enemy is running away from you.
    2. Something about a load/save code was written on the screen at the start. Can't find any information about that in the Q-log and neither in the map thread description.
    3. Shouldn't the hero be hidden under/behind waterfalls?
    4. Sold the Shadowmeld item to the Samaritan, got 50 gold bought the coin, the NPC started channel animation and the gate didn't open.
    Playing on 1.31.1 on the map file called "My map v1.06b.w3x" which I presume it's the one saved with a newer patch version.

9. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think the "Recommended Version:" line in the Contents section should point out pretty clearly which map is for which game patch. "meme commando" is the author because it's my ID on Discord :D To address your concerns:
    • Point 1: No, Indomitable Spirit is not useless. Allowing it to slow AS is very broken (which I did test). It's supposed to help you kite enemy melee, run away from ranged (somewhat) and also purges some annoying buffs on enemies (armor bonus, for example).
    • Point 2: Nah, the code is not for save/load. It's designed to allow you to play as secret heroes (whose code can only be revealed once you complete the game under certain conditions, or when you open the map in WE and read through the triggers :D). Other than that, the codes available right now are "cat" (makes the game easier) and "masochist" (makes the game harder). Both are in the 1.31 patch version.
    • Point 3: I don't exactly get what you mean here.
    • Point 4: I don't have that problem at all when I play. But since you found this bug, tomorrow I'll fix the script a bit to make the event fire consistently.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The enemy can see you there. Hidden as is like using the ability Hide basically make the hero invisible when there.
    Played with the hero which has the spell I mentioned.
    Note that I had saved and loaded a couple of times and I know there are some issues with some event types in 1.31.1: 1.31.1 [Bug] Loading saved game breaks some unit events Not sure if it's related or not with that particular trigger.

11. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it's mostly the load/saving bug in the new patch that's causing it because the problem was reported by players for other similar events. Anyway I fixed the script, hope nothing else goes wrong.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The tags RP/Story Acting and Modern Warfare are improper.

1. Intro/cinematic mode skip?
    2. The camera starts too close to the hero and clipping is seen when it goes backward.
    3. Rogue Templar's unit name is Black Knight.
    4. Seems the door north of the circle of power near the doodad wall fountain east of the goblin tinker doesn't open.
    5. When meeting the tinker, the unit goes up the ramp north instead of following the player. It starts going after you when you get close to the goblin. It blocks the way to the circle door. If you take the west door to the pipes, it's a dead end through which the goblin can get and kill the player's hero. The goblin always goes to the circle corridor door even if you draw the unit out for a bit.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  13. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @3: The naming is intentional. It's like "Tichondrius the Darknener" or "Tichondrius the Lord of the Nathrezim" when his unit name is Dreadlord.
    @4: Rescue the circle of power then that door will become vulnerable.
    @5: Yeah it's like that to simplify things. You're supposed to run as quickly as possible to the eastern path. The western path is a trap to trick players into going there and dying.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, but then it should be right after the hero name, in the hero name so you could see the rank in the unit name which is not the case here.
    I did. Come on. I've been playing maps for years now.
    Well, the problem is that if you don't go quickly you have to make him come out and that would most of the time conclude with losing 1 life.

15. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have you tried right clicking on the door?
    Because the trigger for that event is literally "Event - circle of power is rescued; Action - make door vulnerable".
    You are supposed to go quickly. That's the point. Even the hint says "Try to avoid him". And I made the tinker have 30 less movement speed than your hero so you always have time to destroy the eastern wall.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, and attacking it as well using the attack command but it's invulnerable.
    There are two doors. So, I mean the one north (at the end of the corridor) of the one just north of the circle.
    Yeah, but what if you don't save beforehand? It's tricky with Warcraft III unless you create waypoints or force quicksave or something. I saved so it wasn't a big deal but just saying.

17. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh do you mean these doors? It can only open when you complete the first level.
    upload_2019-10-14_17-59-11.png
    Well then... I guess it's the player's fault.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, this one:
    cicleon.png sillydoor.png

I mean, notify players before things like these to save their game just in case.

19. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Then that is very confusing. I did not encounter that invulnerable door problem ever during my playtests. You can see the script for the Circle of Power event here:
    Code (Text):
    function SetFullLifeMana takes nothing returns nothing
        call SetUnitLifePercentBJ( udg_Hero, 100 )
        call SetUnitManaPercentBJ( udg_Hero, 100 )
        call AddSpecialEffectTargetUnitBJ( "origin", udg_Hero, "Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\AIda\\AIdaCaster.mdl" )
        call DestroyEffectBJ( GetLastCreatedEffectBJ() )
    endfunction

function Trig_Find_room_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
        call DisableTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
        call EnableTrigger( gg_trg_Open_door )
        call SetFullLifeMana()
        call PlaySoundBJ( gg_snd_GoodJob )
        call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), ( ( "|cff20FF20" + ( "WELL DONE" + "|r" ) ) + " - You've successfully avoided a powerful enemy. Other challenges lie ahead." ) )
        call WaygateActivateBJ( false, gg_unit_nwgt_0028 )
        call DestructableRestoreLife( gg_dest_XTmp_3380, 250, false )
        call SetDestructableInvulnerableBJ( gg_dest_LTe3_2647, true )
        call SetDestructableInvulnerableBJ( gg_dest_B001_0699, true )
        call SetDestructableInvulnerableBJ( gg_dest_LTe3_2648, true )
        call SetDestructableInvulnerableBJ( gg_dest_B005_0360, false )
    endfunction

//===========================================================================
    function InitTrig_Find_room takes nothing returns nothing
        set gg_trg_Find_room = CreateTrigger(  )
        call TriggerRegisterUnitEvent( gg_trg_Find_room, gg_unit_ncop_0014, EVENT_UNIT_RESCUED )
        call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Find_room, function Trig_Find_room_Actions )
    endfunction
    According to this, that door, which is "gg_dest_B005_0360", always becomes vulnerable when the Circle of Power is rescued.