Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    That begs a similar question, though this one might be a spoiler for the True Story. What was gonna happen with Salana? In the SHB, if you choose Larine, she attacks Salana, and Rahandir and I believe Ornassion find her and take her. Were they going to kill her and raise her as a dark ranger like Saphira?

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All about the salt, man:
    Via Salaria - Wikipedia
    Good business.

3. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Verb8im I highly recommend you to read the short story "Responsibilites" in the Tales of Arkain thread.
    That might answer your question. :)

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Another Arkain Question Time has begun - and some other news can be found in the Arkain News Network!

5. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alrighty, then I already have a few questions

Is anyone in the Empire aware of their Emperor's true identity?

Was the Empire founded by Tregakh or did he murder the Emperor and took his identity?

Will we see more of Orie Redfist in The True Story of Arkain?

How did "Brian" meet Amari and chose her to be his student?

Who is responsible for the Cave Orcs' survival and them eventually worshipping Aridon?

What is the relationship between Keera and Rahandir considering that the former was killed by the later?

Did any of Bhaarizel's original shadowy creatures survive after Zindrach's death?

Has Largoth always been Tregakh, or did he became the host to the Dark One?

Who is telling the truth, Aridon or Tregakh? Or are they partially right?

Will we see the Mindflayer Legion in action in The True Story of Arkain?

6. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should we PM Shar or just post them here?
    Anyway i´ll post them here.

Who cleaned the Gnoll temple?

Are we going to see more about Zindrach?

Which faction leads the Cold North tower?

Did Cora really get corrupted to Aridon?

The new races on the Tribal Dominion, have representative or they are a submited to Amari´s Empire?

Aridon went into Seclusion, Who is the new leader of the undead for the time being?

Is Van Durce Daughter going to Arkain to take revenge on Gardon?

Despite Fire and Lightining Orders, are there any other mage orders in arkain?

Who cast the Plague on Rengar´s kingdom?

What happens to Lord Margazar and Urshan after the Second void war?

Did the Ejara Nexus enslave more races than the Nerubians?

Are we going to see more of Prince Toraes?

Did Merlon have any other relatives?

7. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, thanks for the first load of questions, I will write them down.
    But please send them to me in a conversation in the future. :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  8. Ecstasy49

Ecstasy49

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finished all undead stories and couldn't help but delighted by possibilities. Thoughts:
    1. Where Angels Cry
    A very nice touch where such minor character, Saint Lorraine, actually portrays Rahandir's character accurately. Wonder if we will be able to see mission where human Rahandir and his forces fight against Demons (as a flashback). Kinda had sympathy for our fav dry & cold lich. Also, after reading undead nexus sheet, I had this thought (correct me if I'm wrong): In Splecir Nexus, it's said that most powerful servants of Aridon are SL's along with ETHEREALS. So, those 'ethereals' are possibly made from slain angelics? (considering in SUB we were gonna have more missions). Cuz the description along with alluded fate of saint fits the probability.
    2. Responsibilities
    Our Saphira is perfect mama now and Salana's role is gonna be interesting. I wonder if she will protest against fighting alongside cousin dark elves if future war happens in elven kingdom. Guess Keera have perfect living lieutenant now:grin: .
    3. Old Hatred
    Hesrathion... that would explain why Souleater legion was so easily defeated in SOB and SHB. The showdown between Kezzar nexus vs Souleater would be epic. Ornasion, brutal as he is, seems to be a rather closeted softie. He still thinks about Lisara and wonder if they will encounter each other in the true story (it would be nice if they are united in... undeath). Ebira's appearance is timely and wonder how she would look like as undead (a slit-mouthed succubus mbe?). So, the fight happens in Castle of Kome or smth else? Can't wait to play as Ornasion more to just to hack apart more demons. :ogre_hurrhurr:
    4. Fallen Queen
    Well, papa redfist was the best father. What about the best mother? Can Keera herself be a winner? At least she can be a good grandma to elven twins (considering she contacts Saphira). She and Brian can have... dispute over Renova's soul at least.
    5. Last Laugh
    The servant older than its master? What a delicious irony. Wonder how Krom and Bonelords looked as Arkanians. Wonder if there is the possibility of such flashback. Liked him since FUB.
    6. Twisted Justice
    The plague in Rengar would be an interesting conflict to see. Playing as a brutal executioner would be delightful and... twisted experience.
    7. Eternal Beauty
    No wonder why nightmare lady is regarded as a beauty. So, slit mouth can be seductive, huh? Meya's influence exceeds beyond what we expected. Why can't she try to seduce Gardon instead of doing work though necromancer cults? Gardon has human and elven lovers, and mbe, also orc (pretty damn intriguing harem he has). How about undead one? hmmm...
    8. Mistress and Slave
    When creating dark elves, did Aridon have... feministic mindset? So, society ruled by females can be just as destructive as the one ruled by males. Poor men. Even Quiraness herself was prejudiced. How does black lotus taste like? It must be really tasty enough to be addicted. Really wanna see Pentiss meeting Amari, both peerless reformists.
    9. King of Ashes
    So, ejara nexus has living queens? Guess it's the most numerous nexus along with mbe scarec nexus. Unleashing the entire swarm would be the best strategy.
    The Legends of Arkain had been very inspiring and good luck on True Story. :peasant-grin:

9. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Ethereals are the Spirit Leggionare units (and maybe more we didnt get to see), Maybe Saint Loraine became a Ethereal after the Short story, it could fit.

Reproduction, They need living queens to breed more nerubians.

Yep, the demons lost every single front that wasnt lead by Kersidar.

10. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred , have you ever considered using night elf buildings as some neutral hostile monsters for example? They would fit the corrupted Pearl of Lor nicely! With all the madness and powerful alien magic being thrown around like nothin´s happenin, its not hard to picture something like that happening :D

11. swarmlord1231

swarmlord1231

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred WOOF The real question where is the king of the gnolls Gran Gorehowl in the orc character sheet? And will he become a actual playable hero in the true story? WOOF

12. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Snarl! His majesty has demanded an own list dedicated to his kind and refused to be added
    to the list of another race.
    Using Arkain Industries brand dog food (available for sale soon!), however, I have been able
    to convince him otherwise so that he will accept being eventually added to the list.

13. swarmlord1231

swarmlord1231

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for answering Shar, snarl! I hope I can buy some Arkain industries dog food (trademark, copyright, patent pending) near one of my stores soon.

@Shar Dundred also have you considered reworking the orc clans in the true story similar to how you are reworking the different human regiments?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2020
  14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This will be answered in the AQT. :)

15. swarmlord1231

swarmlord1231

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe it's cause the dominion and orcs are my favorite faction but I would really love to see more upgrades for their first books thus far with the regiments and the new system the true story seems to be really upgrading the humans (with the regiments and the new mechanic where you can choose one), so having the orc clans actually be different with new models would make a nice addition

16. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The other races will not be left in the dust, don't worry.

17. swarmlord1231

swarmlord1231

Resources:
    Resources:
    Truly we thank you shar, be blessed by the great flying spaghetti monster

18. swarmlord1231

swarmlord1231

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred Alright so my thoughts on the new orc teaser

The Deathbreeze: "DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE, YOU ARE A PIRATE!" I like how the grunts look they look really advanced and the skulls make them really look like pirates, I hope ephrog becomes some sort of Demi-hero or even a hero, Rangul ready to find some clues, I don't know if those are all the units but the deathbreeze seem to only have new grunts which better be good since they look really bad ass.

The Darkmind: "What's that smell? Oh bad dog!" Rath looks ready to beat the shit out of some humans, Outrunners and trackers seem to be the same, I hope that by choosing rath we can get earlier access to the warlords.

The Goldaxe: "Friendship is more valuable then gold... Or so I'm told" I really like their design, the grunts and raiders really look like upgraded versions of the base ones which makes sense, their spearmen look nice, and the champions look like grunts that really lift, although shar, I don't know if this is possible but could you find a more fitting blademaster model? The current one for the goldaxe looks a little to poor, like he needs more armor or something.

The Ironthunder: "You ever get hit by lightning where the sun don't shine?" I love their looks, the grunts look amazing, I hope they have some special ability like the druid of the claws rejuvinate or the druid of the talons faerie fire, just like a battle mage unit with like 1 spell, the dark shamans look nice, I hope they can summon elementals and act like a summoning army for the orcs with summoning nature elementals

The Bloodhand: "I DON'T HAVE ANGER ISSUES MOM!" The grunts looks nice, their armor makes them looks ready for battle but it's not to much like the goldaxe since they aren't rich, the orcs with the wolverine claws look like good cheap melee assassin like units, and the units next to them look like ranged units that throw some stuff and could have a ability like the dwarves flare but a smaller weaker version using some improvised orc explosives. Also I wonder why you used destroyer and not the son of the chieftain who replaces him after you kill destroyer.

The Ravaging Fire: "Power is...well POWER!" Zairmak looks old but I won't tell him that to his face, the acolyte orcs look like pure spellcasters who can use some powerful necromancy or elemental powers, the necrolytes look nice like always and the grunts look amazing, again hope they have some special ability tied to the grunt of the clan and not just a reskin.

The Skullblade Clan: "I can see my house!" Grael is there of course, the grunts look nice, they look ready to jump on any flying beast that is on the ground, the orc hunters make a return hopefully with a unique ability, I guess those windriders not on mounts are the dragon lancers since I never played the beta, and the windriders look nice, although I personally didn't use any of the flying orc units except like the batriders.

So those are my thoughts, sorry if it's to long shar, and hopefully you fix the goldaxe blademaster, it isn't a big issue but it's kinda weird that he looks so bare and stuff when every unit around him looks advanced and richer.

19. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Feel free to write walls of text, I do not mind at all! On the contrary!
    I cannot show youat the moment but the Goldaxe and Skullblade heroes are getting new, more fitting (unique) models.
    Will show them later!
    And small spoiler: I intend to change their fate a bit. :)

20. swarmlord1231

swarmlord1231

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if you will give the skullblade will have the ability like the nightelf archers to mount like wild wyverns or something, also glad to hear the goldaxe thing also question about the grunts, each clan has different grunts and I hope they have like different stats or something or at least have abillities and aren't just boring re-skins.