1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Genethas admits that he betrayed the empire back then so that he and hus men could survive the war. If you fights againts Gardon by siding with Genethas, he still admits that he's a traitor right after Gardon says that you've sided with the wrong person.

In the Second Human Book, if you sided with Genethas the only difference will be at the beginning where Gardon tells the inquisitor if you either sided with him or with the traitor. So he will either defend or condemn Blen Greymoore.

2. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not only that.
    Harmos will occasioanly mention Blen and claim that van Durce did a big mistake by killing him.
    In the final mission (if we pick the Golden Guard) van Durce will admit to Marin that Blen didn't deserve to die and that maybe the whole situation could have been avoided if they hadn't imprison and kill him.

3. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blen really didn't deserve to die, in my honest opinion. Not only that I've grown fond of him during the First Human Book, it was nearly impossible to pin any blame on him other than possible treason, inciting rebellion and attacking an Imperial army.
    I can't exactly say that Blen and Harmos were friends since the dialogues between them is "bare bones" (I would pin their relationship somewhere a bit higher than casual acquaintances) but Harmos did pledge his services to Blen and probably developed some kind of friendship later on based on their battles and when they fought side by side.
    Van Durce was overzealous from the very beginning and it was highly unnecessary to use that on someone like Blen. Honestly, I'm surprised the Karskin haven't mounted a revenge plot againts Van Durce, or plan to hit the Golden Guard a few times as retaliation for what they did to Blen.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. ankel_beans

ankel_beans

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another question, i still havent found out about the unknown faction during the quest where you will/can aedale the green human faction. Who are they sided with?

5. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the first book, where we face the Darkmind Clan?

Those unknown soldiers are servants of van Durce. Killing them will piss him off.

If you don't destroy them and if you choose the Golden Guard side, they can help you in the final chapter.

6. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Newspost coming either today or tomorrow.
    I can already say though, that I will release Chapter Three and if possible also Four and Five next week.

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    No rush Shar. Take your time.

8. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    How to completely scew the results of the testing phase 101, beat it so fucking quickly you start freaking out Shar.

Apologies in advance everyone.

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Translation:
    A chapter has been made much harder than it used to be thanks to @Kasrkin.
    Please direct all your complaints regarding the difficulty of the next release towards him.
    Thank you. :p

10. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We are reaching the end of the "warm up" phase for the Second Orc Book.
    The upcoming interlude will signal the beginning of the real deal.
    Stay tuned! I will release more info in the Arkain News Network soon!

11. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ladies and gentlemen, I am back with a news type post after quite a bit of time. The next chapters are in progress and we are thinking of truly dastardly things while making them. But that is still some time away so we'd like you to turn your attention to the Project Showcase we have updated some things please turn your attention towards the chapter names, including the old but also teasing you with possible things with the name of the next interlude and chapter!

Six sounds positively delightful.

12. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It has no effect in this particular chapter. Keep in mind that it was Rangul who attacked the
    Kasrkin if the player did it, not Rath (yes, Rath was part of it, but you played as Deathbreeze Clan still).
    In fact, for the Orcs, several choices have a different effect than they did in the Second Human Book.
    There is going to be a chance for a specific event to trigger at the latter stages of this campaign,
    though I will not go into detail what it is because that would be very spoiler-heavy, but I will
    tell you that this event will take a look at a lot of choices from both the First and Second
    Orc Book and then calculate whether or not it is going to take place or not.
    That is not to say that this is the only effect that the choices have, of course.

13. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will you eventually also give a hint on how to unlock this event or will it be solely on us to figure out?

14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There will be a hint at some point, yes. ;)

15. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Better chose carefully which bases to destroy and which to spare, because I have a feeling this event is related to those choices.

16. KuraTheKura20033002

KuraTheKura20033002

Resources:
    Resources:
    wait.. if i remember correctly, after invasion of demons only 5 Commandors of Kaskrin survived..... did we just eccountered them?

and i am going to praise shar even more for this map :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2019
  17. Hardric62

Hardric62

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the Big Decision Shar mentioned could be pretty much a counter leading to 'Orcs: Diplomacy or Total Extermination?'. Remember in the Timeline and Tales he provided, a few of Salria human population accepted to join the Dominion.
    If orcs show they can be something else than a force of destruction hampering efforts against the Demons, pragmatic heads will be forced to admit, deals with the Orcs are the best way to go to manage the problem while the Demons are dealt with.
    Tip the scales too much, and they might go 'Fuck it, we won't go anywhere or have a shot at survival as long as these green morons are rampaging around, we'e forced to exterminate them before hopefully having a chance left of moving on to the Demons'. Yup, fullfilling some of these bonus objectives will be quite the balancing act...
    Or too much hampering could doom the Humans, leaving the orcs to face the Demons full force, plus a pissed off Watcher not liking his balance shatterred. Or even him alone deciding to correct the trajectory leading to this crash collision...

18. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shar, you might want to add Rath to the character list of the orcs just to keep people thinking hes important to make it so the more of a surprise when he gets gutted :D

19. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice idea, but I also did not put Blen on the list of the humans. ;)

20. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blen got screwed in intro 1 whereas Rath keeps going for quite long.