1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    We won't get them. They are elite versions of elites and would be way too OP.

Won't happen. You can still train them in every chapter untill 5 though.

In every chapter we get overseers we also get to train elites

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have a nice time! :)

Already researched.

Nay.

Enjoy!

3. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it just me or is there really no choice and everyone autoallies with golden guard?

4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know, right?

Shar added some parts to the cinematic that he gave us as spoiler! We ended up allying with the Golden Guard without a choice!

5. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played it. And oh boy impale me on a pike and sacrifice me for a blood shield.

I'm sort of disappointed how we didn't get a choice to pick our ally. I think the dwarves really screwed up. The didn't learn the sacred 3 rules of Arkain war
    1. Never EVER put yourself in a 5 vs 2 situation. Even 6 vs 2 since Gardon has the black dragons. They did just that
    2. Always be on the same side with the guy who has war aura as his ult
    3. Never ally with the people that caused the civil war in the first place.
    They never learn.
    Also you shouldn't never underestimate your enemy and appearances can be deceiving, but Kobold and Rats. They were strong, but them being ancient enemies of the dwarves was kind of underwhelming. I guess we can expect a spin-off campaign in the future about their rivalry?
    Also final thing i didn't like was that Progaderas didn't drop an item. We will do without one, but it would have been nice.
    Anyway chapter was good. I will look forward to seizing that cannon and killing those midgets in chapter 11. Also killing van Durce too.

6. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guess that the dwarves were really...short-sighted.:)

Maybe what these creatures lack in technology and strenghth, they compensate in numbers and birth rates?

A pity... One of the few competent rulers chose the wrong allies and will be killed.

7. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    you have no choice, Dwarves will always side with the golden guard

8. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
    I also noticed that we have Chosen of Hammerfall as our preplaced riflemen, is that intentional?

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    We are controlling the Dwarven King, so it makes sense the best of the best are with him on this fight...

10. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright. Time for a report. My main issue with this mission was about skillsets. Like Braelon has that barrier or whatever spell, right? And Zarin's fellow mage-hero has that spell too. And runepriests possess barkskin, which is basically just a singletarget barrier. And both runepriests and that hero got healing rune. I mean there is a logic behind high runepriest possessing same spells as minor ones, but gameplay wise all of that stuff doest not stack, which kinda renders runepriests... I dont want to say useless,coz they are not, but maybe less effecient. The barrier thing tho is frustrating. That is the only thing that caught my attention. Also was pretty obvious dwarves would choose golden guard over IronFist. No bugs so far. Looking forward to replay other chapters.

11. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    You somehow convinced Shar to make Dwarves choose the Golden Guard didn't you?:p

12. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not exactly the best of the best, seeing as we can only train base units. :(
    Still fun tho

13. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You were never supposed to have a choice about that one! ;)

14. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will never trust your cutscenes ever again. :D

15. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    We never said who the aid was forrrrrr.

16. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally finished it. Paladins + Mortar Teams = Win
    That, and also rushing the left side of the map

Also a bug, Horgar's Healing Rune displays 0% healing

17. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn
    I cannot wait till I get home and check it out

18. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I smell a plot twist. Gardon is meant to lose the final battle. That would be a Westerosian twist.

19. subzz

subzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Form e neutral perspective, dwarfs did right thing. Gardon literally enslaved elf race. I would have done the same if I were dwarvan king. Van druce is an asshole but he looks like competent asshole. We just see the entire plot from gardon's perspective and we are playing with Gardon's for long enough. Otherwise I don't think van druce himself is any different from Gardon. It's hard to understand who is the real demon here. LOA is Wc3's game of thrones.

20. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think our portrait of van Durce is highly based on Gardon's perspective of events. Come to think of it, it was the emperor who ordered him to commit treason. If Gardon is willing to sacrifice everything for victory, would he sacrifice his pride and fight alongside van Durce, considering he's not acting on emperor's behalf anymore? I doubt that very much. But both of them pursue the same goal now, which is destroy demons obviously. At this point Zarin's words make sense. Humans cannot unite even at the brink of extinction.