1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hes more likely to say how many of them are totally off :D :D

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yep.

That'd be a different chapter - which won't be a timed mission, I have decided to design it differently. :3
    At this point, I don't plan to have any timer missions for the Second Human Book.

Yep.

3. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ayy we get to play the midgets!!!Looking forward to bear/steam tank spam.

ALSO
    Please dont pair us up with some useless ally again will ya :eek:

4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Midgets? That is racist! It is like calling elves pointy-ears!

Most allies are useless. I spend more time saving them than they spending actually helping.:D

5. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh come on man. He is just trying to roleplay Krom. He calls them midgets. Give him an applaud for the good role-playing.

If you get useful allies in Arkain then you are in the wrong universe. That's just the way it goes.

6. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Come to think of it...The Knife ears were Usefull as meatshileds...I rememer now...I took over the Red Orc base left my main and build my new one upon the ruins of the red orc clan...While the elfs got all the pouding from orcs...Acually i take that back those knife ears were the most usefull allias we ever got.

@LISBOAH Bu...But they are :eek:

7. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait useful allies in Arkain? :eek:
    @DD Mikasa you're in the wrong adventure!

8. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shhh before Shar nerfs them even more.You never herd that from me.

9. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes that was what i was thinking

anyway Gardon is opening up his new chopper tours as soon as he takes over the continet (joking offcourse )

upload_2017-10-9_16-9-43.png

10. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am sorry, folks, but I am currently pretty occupied otherwise so there hasn't been much progress/won't be much progress anytime soon.

I will notify you when that changed.~

11. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Drink, Larine and rock´n´roll! :D :D

12. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Viva la Gardon! lol

13. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Jayborino Let's see if we found any clues.

A pacing orc in a small office.
    Rath: I'm telling you it was him! This has that bastard Greymoore's signature everywhere!
    An old P.I. in his dainty old chair, smoking a fine cigar.
    Rangul: You're too close to this my friend, whatever case you can build will look biased to the court. If there even is one.
    Another drag and exhale, it's beginning to storm outside.
    Rath: I can't just sit on this! He's gotta pay, they were my family Rangul!
    The last word is enunciated with the younger orc slamming his hands on the P.I.'s desk.
    Rangul: I know they were my friend but you can't get involved in this in anyway, you will have to let the proper authorities handle this one.
    A crash of thunder and the younger is once again pacing.
    Rath: He's too high in the public eye, they won't believe he did anything wrong! I can't let this stand I won't!
    Another puff, rain begins to hit the closed windows the pitter-patter of rain drops.
    Rangul: The chief of police has his hands tied, my friend. He will do his best but the force's options are limited.
    Another crash a constant companion this night, the younger looks to Rangul for a long time.
    Rath: I know you're retiring but one more case won't--
    The old P.I. takes the cigar out and stares.
    Rangul: I don't think so, I'm old and worn out. I have made it to my retirement and I'm not going to risk losing it and my life now.
    Crash, the younger pulls up a chair to the desk.
    Rath: This is important to me, my family, and I will do something we'll both regret if I don't get the help I need.
    The rain is muted now, the battle of wills lasts for a seeming eternity. The cigar burns out.
    Rangul: Dammit, do you know how hard it is to get these? Dwarven make, from the mountain cities. You could ask my son for help.
    Younger leans back in his chair a short chuckle void of mirth.
    Rath: That boy is useless, he's got the heart but that's not all you need.
    A sigh, the rain hits the windows harder.
    Rangul: He will find his way, look, Rath I can give you a list of some of the best investigators in this city but that's all I can do.
    Crash, the younger leans forward again.
    Rath: It has to be you, you can cut through the red tape. Get the evidence the court would need and bypass his reputation.
    Lightning brightens the dimly lit room, both are worn.
    Rangul: An old P.I. is not worth that much.
    The younger gets out of his chair.
    Rath: Yes, it seems he is not.
    Clink, slam the door to the office opens and closes.
    The old P.I. leans back in his chair.
    Rangul: Washed up, worn out, too old.
    Thunder
    Rangul: I've earned this dammit.
    Patter
    Rangul: I can't do this anymore.
    The howling of the wind can be heard.
    Rangul: Someone else can handle it.
    He looks at some of the old case files on his desk, his many accomplishments, his many busts. Picking up one of his more famous cases- a photo falls out.
    Putting the file back in the stack, he leans down and picks up the photo an old photo.
    Rangul: I don't remember putting you in there...
    A younger Rangul, an old friend, Vanessa, Sasrogarn. His eyes stay on the old friend, long gone.
    Rangul: I'm sorry, if I had known I would have stopped them... I would have tried.
    Thunder, he stares at the photo for several more minutes before a harrumph escapes.
    Rangul: Dammit.
    He gets out of the old chair and grabs his coat and hat from the stand, quickly putting them on and leaving the office.
    Jeanette: Ah, Mr. Rangul going somewhere?
    Stopping for a moment in front of the secretary's desk.
    Rangul: Do I have any appointments today, Jen?
    A smile cute and dashing, she shouldn't be wasting her youth helping an old glory hound like me.
    Jeanette: I do believe the chief of police wants to meet with you in a few hours.
    Decisive
    Rangul: Cancel
    A blink, two.
    Jeanette: Alright, Mr. Rangul but he'll want to know why.
    Rangul: Tell him I have a new case.
    He turns and begins heading down to street level.
    Rangul: Is Rath still here?
    She almost shouts
    Jeanette: I doubt he found a cab yet in this weather!
    He's down the stairs and out the door, the sound hits him immediately. The younger is standing nearby under the cover of a business entrance.
    Rangul: I'm glad to see you're not gone yet.
    A smile unnoticed in the dark before he is closer.
    Rath: Well color me surpised, the Greatest Detective of our time back on the case.
    Both under the cover, the patter is endless.
    Rangul: I was reminded of something, I can't just leave you out in the dark.
    A car streams down the road, its engine barely heard over the torrent.
    Rath: I'm glad you're helping me but... where do we start.
    Pat on the shoulder they begin walking.
    Rangul: The waterfront, a man named Merlon has worked with him a few times and apparently his opinion isn't too high.
    Splash splash splash
    Rath: I've never heard of him.
    Rangul: He keeps to himself but he says a bit too much when he's in the bottle.
    Thunder
    Rath: Then we can find him easily enough, the harbor doesn't have much in the drinking department.
    They walk further and further, a multi-story parking lot coming into view. They head into the underground levels.
    Rangul: I'll be glad when I'm retired, won't have to worry about parking anymore.
    A few more minutes and they were there, the old P.I.'s car, they enter and with a quick turn of the keys the engine roars to life.
    Rath: Well, are you ready? Things are bound to go south.
    A match is struck and a cigar is lit. Inhale, exhale. The Detective is back, one last time.
    Rangul: Let's see if we can find any clues.

Just because this was posted does not mean there is permission to dissolve the thread into another circus act. Warnings have already been issued long before this, do not start again now.

14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well written.

However, I don't understand its purpose.

15. Jayborino

Jayborino

Resources:
    Resources:

Hahahaha, the background music was a nice touch! High fantasy crime noir is a genre just waiting to explode here in 2017, you have a real knack for it :)

16. Ashley

Ashley

Resources:
    Resources:
    like lisboah i also don't know what is this all about. any explaination about it's purpose???

17. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just realized that Lt Claire became General between two missions.

RIP Commander, Captain, Major, Colonel ranks...
    She just slap them

18. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    We don't know well the timeskip between missions. It might have passed weeks...

Maybe she is so competent that she just got promoted that way. Or maybe Gardon and Thanok like her, or Merlon asked them to do it so that she would be grateful to him.

19. Emperor Lucas II

Emperor Lucas II

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was said by Thanok on Chapter 9.
    He said that she has proven worth to him at the capital city of Toran, and he even told her to return to the King while he takes the charge.

20. Ashley

Ashley

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, she proven her worth even though we don't even used her in that mission:D:D