1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a

Submitted by Vunjo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Welcome to
Revenge of The King Rhobar ORPG

[​IMG]

Revenge of the King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is an 8 player map designed for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. It consists of a lot of different playable classes, each having up to 10 spells. There are multiple towns filled with quests where you can level up your character, or receive an item reward. This map is highly based on using professions. There's a unique system used for crafting, which adds to the gameplay. The map is newbie friendly, but also challenging after leveling up to the maximum. The project has started on the 6. December 2009, being "Vuto's ORPG" it's first name, due to my very old nickname. Since then, the map has been remade a couple of times, showing a great gap between the versions. Up to 8 players can play the map.

[​IMG]

- 16 Heroes
- Over 200 Custom Abilities
- Custom Profession System, up to 55 craftable items (Increased with each version)
- PVP Arena
- Improved Chat System
- Save and Load System
- Backpack System
- Dungeons
- Events (Including Gold Hunt, Fishing, Arenas. More are coming with new versions)
- Improved Mana Cost System (Mana cost is based on the base + depending on the hero level)
- Improved Summons (Certain summoned units will benefit from your main stats)
- Boss Arena
- PvP AoS
- PvE AoS
- 8 Different stats in the map: Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Wisdom, Stamina, Perception, Expertise, and Luck.
- Loot System (Including rare drops from general mobs, and gear gained by doing dungeons)
- 7 Unique Cities full of quests
- Knockback System (Each strike has a chance to knock the enemy backwards)
- "Easter Eggs"
- Certain items grant reward upon being found all together.
- Quest Chains, for some quests you have to complete other quests.
- Mount system with model of a rider on it.
- Grinding Quests
- Gathering Quests
- Story Line
- Fun commands
- In-game commands
- Unique Color and Interface
- Unique Item type colors
- Unique Hero names
- Item Sets (When having certain sets of items in inventory, you are rewarded with bonus stats)
And much more...

When you select your hero, the first thing to choose from is enhancing your passive spells. For now, you can enhance Evasion, or Critical Strike.

After that is done, you can choose which one of the main attributes (Strength, Agility, or Intelligence) will be further enhanced by 5. This is a minor low level addition.

[​IMG]

List of Heroes:

Intelligence Based Heroes
-Fire Mage
-Water Mage
-Dark Mage
-Light Mage
-Shaman
-Druid
-Elementalist

Strength Based Heroes
-Warrior
-Paladin
-Tauren
-Knight
-Slayer

Agility Based Heroes
-Ranger
-Demon Hunter
-Shadow Hunter
-Blademaster

[​IMG]

As mentioned earlier, this map is heavily based on Professions. There are various Professions, usable by everyone, regardless of the Class. Some reward Passive Items, other Active Items.

- Blacksmithing - You can make various armors and weapons here. The crafted Items usually give Strength as main stat, along with offensive or defensive other stats. The core materials of Blacksmithing are Ores, gained by Mining.

- Leatherworking - This Profession allows you to craft items which when held grant Agility bonuses. Along with that, they will also grant bonuses to physical damage. Main material in this Profession is Leather Skins, which are obtained by killing wild animals.

- Tailoring - Tailoring is mostly used for Mages, as the items crafted from it grant Intelligence as main stat. Their other stats include maximum Mana pool, and Mana Regeneration. Wools of all sorts are used for Tailoring, which are gained by killing any enemy unit.

- Alchemy - Allows you to craft Potions. There are 3 types of Potions:
-Potions with Permanent Effects
-Restoration Potions
-Combat Potions

Each Recipe requires a Vial of Water, which can be bought at the nearest Toolmaker.

- Orb Crafting - This Profession allows you to craft offensive items, which on hit grant different effects. Very useful for both PvP and PvE. You can find the materials at their special places.

- Mining - You can acquire multiple stones and ores by Mining. Once you obtain an Ore, you can Smelt it to turn it into Bars. Bars are used for all Blacksmithing Recipes.

Lockpicking

[​IMG] There are various Chests all over the map with valuable loot. To open it, you need a special Lockpick, crafted by using the Blacksmithing. The better the material it's based of, higher the chance to open the Lock.

Revenge of The King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is also based on player's Combat Role. Each class has one or more roles they can fit in, and their damage done and damage dealt are based on it.

[​IMG]

Screenshots

Will be added very soon.

[​IMG]

Changelog
Version 4.1a:

-Fixed Save/Load Bug, and few other minor bug fixes

Expected for next version:

-No idea at the moment, few tweaks on items and professions.

Old Changelog:

Version 4.1:
-Certain bug fixes, added more information about the map in the hints
-Changes to Professions, more items
-New Combat systems and stats
-Made low level combat easier

Version 4.0b:
-Reduced map size.
-Made Lockpicking system
-Added new Recipes and Items.

Version 4.0a:
-Made certain map modifications in terms of size.

[​IMG]

Credits

-Models and Skins:
Kitabatake
RaidonGod
NexusBlizzard
Chriz
skrab
Daelin
RedFuser
Stanakin Skywalker
sPy
DonDustin
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Tranquil
Callahan
Mr. Bob
Jo27killed
Zerox
General Frank
hortaxman
Dionesiist
debode
Sunchips
Thrikodius
MistAssass
Tr!KzZ
Boneknight
Dan van Ohllus
communist_orc
cash42
zadelim
HappyTauren
Hueter
Red Shift
Pins
markone
Dentothor
GreyArchon
Amigurumi
Chaosfury
TotallyAwesome

-Icons:
GooS
Static
NFWar
kola
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Darkmoon Hero
Pyramidhe@d
Lightskin
KelThuzad
-BerZeKeR-
Archangel_Tidusx
Mobilize
Elainiel
MortAr-
The_Silent
bigapple90
lelyanra
The D3ath
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Kallimachos
Golden-Drake
Mr.Goblin
Paladon
Muoteck
IamtheRper
L_Lawliet
-Stygian-
Coinblin
Darkfang
DiscipleOfLife
Blaxor
Palaslayer
bloodyroadkill
bAsToIsE

-Special Thanks to:
Crazy Sheep - For camera and some ideas
AceHart - For Save/Load System
Dream^|eLjIn - For many ideas
bananaHUNT - For awesome Game Interface
Belgarath - For cool text message system
matej - For Supporting me
Neuros - Also for supporting me
Spasorc - Ideas, Icons

If there's anyone I forgot, please, let me know in the comments below, and I'll add the author as soon as the new version is out.

[​IMG]

How to contact me

You may contact me through mail (VutosORPG@gmail.com). I'm also online on Garena, and Hiveworkshop.com

Author's Note
If you are stuck on loading screen, make sure you do the following:
-Get the latest version of the map
-Get the latest patch of Warcraft 3
-Set the quality to highest (Model especially)
-If all else fails, disabling 3d sound might work (Not sure though)

Keywords:
RoTKR, Revenge of The King Rhobar, RPG, ORPG, Vunjo, Vuto, Boss, Bosses, Arena, PvP, PvE, Quest, Level
Contents

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a (Map)

Reviews
14:54, 5th Mar 2011 Cweener: Approved
  1. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Lich King's items were temporarily removed due to new versions being "beta" and new items are being created from time to time. The Castle is also a work in progress.
    The Dark Mage and Light Mage will be fixed.

Items are also saved, but there was a recent bug where only the first item was saved, I'm trying to fix it as well.

2. BandolXD

BandolXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol there was an error when I'm using load

3. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You've typed the wrong code..the load itself works, the only thing I'm currently struggling with are the items that need to be load.

4. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice map!
    where is the damn horse though?? I can't find it

5. Rpgmaniac

Rpgmaniac

Resources:
    Resources:
    Struggled with that too^^
    The horse is at the Bandit place (with this custom camera angle, u have to say North of the hill with the bandit lord, or northwest if u look on minimap)

6. Grrrr

Grrrr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey. uhh just a quick question. Anyone know how to get to the firelord? :p Can't fly to him, and as far as i know, there's no portals. Soo anyone knows? Thanks in advance

7. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He's currently disabled. There are other things also disabled due to lack of teleporters. I'll release them when the time comes.

8. BandolXD

BandolXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    K gonna try to use the save / load again... Hope I'll not get an error :p

9. xXxMKDxXx

xXxMKDxXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a question, Is it Playable in SinglePlayer? - Or I should be enabling it by myself :) :D

[[100th post]] :D

10. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's playable in singleplayer.

11. Aircell

Aircell

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't download the map, it stops the download halfway through.

12. Grrrr

Grrrr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey. dunno if you're still working on this. but i have one suggestion. I haven't been able to play it for quite some time now, but the Urn that drops from the Ursa boss, the tanking item has i think it was 200 stamina plus some hp regen and armor. but the stamina component is.. fairly useless really. it's quite suboptimal as far as tanking goes. losing so much strength compared to other items that's supposed to be worse. any chance you could change the stamina into strength, or lower the amount abit if it's too good if its 200 str?

13. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I'm still working on the project. The items have been remade in past versions, and stats now make much more sense. Stamina is not useless in fact, as it can help tanking (If there are 2 or more tanks or offtanks) so the players can switch roles. There are also few heals that are based on maximum health.

14. Grrrr

Grrrr

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's good to know you're still working on it :) and uhm.. i apologize if i sound like a douche. but i dont really understand your point.
    i'm well aware that more hp is always good, both generally and on tanks / offtanks. as well as the heals scaling with hp. but my point is simply that the stamina stat, to my knowledge at least, only increases HP, while strength increases hp as well as giving some hp regen and damage, both through being mainstat for str classes and for active and passive abilities that scales with str. For eksample the ability that gives the slayer a chance to get healed for a portion of his total str when he's attacked would be much weaker. again, i havent played in a while, so i might be wrong. Alternatively it would make more sense to have abit of stamina on caster stuff, so they're a tad less squishy, than having stamina instead of strength for strength based classes regardless if they're tanks, offtanks or just pure dps.
    regardless it's not a big issue and i'm fine either ways :) just wanted to clarify why i think stam is very suboptimal compared to strength.

Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for your efforts.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  15. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, I enjoy wall of texts as comments on the map :)
    Some bosses have (Or at least, will have in near future) high burst damage, which can't be healed by any priest, and the only way to survive that, is with stamina. Despite that, Tanks in PvP usually are meant to die, question is when, but eventually they will die, so Stamina directly supports them.

16. lossadax

lossadax

Resources:
    Resources:
    I doubt my pc cant run that map , its an i7 with 16gb of ram , so yea i dont think thats the problem , i tried disabling 3d sound but still i cant load the map , any suggestion?

17. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wish I knew the problem though. I always test the latest version of the map with my friends, it worked fine for them. I'm guessing it's some sort of hidden 3. party programe that we have but we don't know of. Obviously your pc is strong enough, lossadax, for it :D

18. whynotzoidberg

whynotzoidberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dont understand this map....like i played with friends...alot heroes have same ability...and than theres this ability increase your weapon dmg by 1000% yes 1000% not 100% is that glitch ir it should be like that?

19. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As far as I remember I fixed that in the newer versions.

20. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The newest bug with the save/load system has been found, and I'm working to fix it.