• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome Total War 1.82

208262-albums7908-picture59186.png

During the Classical era, you can embody a citizen of Rome, Athens, Carthage or Alexandria to seek Glory and Wealth. Otherwise, you can lead an european nation of that time and try to conquer the whole known world.

About the Map

full
full

Kind of Map : Strategy and RPG Map

Number of Players :12

Gameplay : You have two gameplay. You can either play a citizen of the classical era who tries to survive and make his path. Or you can control directly a nation for a more strategic gameplay.

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95981.jpg

Changelogs

Close

Version1.2

[TD]
-new terrain
-3 new cities
-senatorial system

Credits

Close

Staff

[TD]
[*] Map Maker : purparisien [r]
Models:[r]
[*] Pyramidhe@d [r]
[*] MrBob [r]
[*] OlofMoleman [r]
[*] Fingolfin [r]
[*] StormLegacy [r]
[*] HappyTauren [r]
[*] Nasrudin [r]
[*] Tranquil [r]
[*] Urkdrengi [r]
[*] Communist_Orc [r]
[*] Willthealmighty [r]
[*] Mr.Bob [r]
[*] paulH [r]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95977.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93730.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93523.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95880.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95879.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95878.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95876.png

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.2

Version1.3

Version1.4

Version1.5

Version1.6

Version1.7

Version1.8

[TD]
-New units for Mediterranean factions
-Save & load system added
-Lag reduced
-Items can stack
-Romus and Romulus factions have been redone
-Post Car has English name
-Shoemaker can be accused again
-Troutfishing range improves from 200 to 800
-Pray for Gold has a 360 seconds cooldown
-Blacksmith sell items
-New trees have been planted in Europe
-Varegue is now considered as a melee unit
-The Scorpio does have a model
-The Revive hero button can't be clicked repeatedly
-Haakapeliitaa has Bash
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in Risk mod
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone
[/TD]

[TD]
-Lag greatly reduced
-Buildings have been replaced by destructible in cities
-Sparta can be visited
-Farming Simulator job has been added
-Coring and Rebellion system added
-Population Added for cities
-Emperor has more unique decisions
-Aristocrats and Democrats can earn Athens
-Minimap has been redone
-Rebalance units
-new guilds have been added (doctor and priest)
-many minor bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Trade System is added in Europe
-Districts economic system is added inside cities
-Line Production
-Religion is showed for cities
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Colonia Maxima Mode added
-Add Capitals for player to improve
-Skins can be purchased for heroes
-Having experiences in certain jobs reduce the time to do an action
-Healing more patients reduce the time of surgery
-Trading units can travel across water
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Cenabum city is added
-Lag reduced
-New models
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[/TD]

Staff

[/TD]

Keywords:
Rome, Carthage, Alexandria, Athens, Cenabum, Gallic, Phasis, Scyth, Parthia, LOAP, Empire, STR, RP, Europe, Ancient, Conquest, Senator, War, Adventure
Contents

Rome Total War 1.82 (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play
Level 7
Some things I found...

Misc.
-Please set up a stat bonus maximum for heroes (as in, things that makes their damage, armor and HP grow). Currently I have enough stats for the prince barber transformation; and I'd like to point out that I've got over 200 damage and 1300+ hp. I feel like it should be something like an upgrade every checkpoint of stats; and it can be upgraded only a number of times. For example; Autorictas reaches 30 - extra 5 damage and 20 hp; reaches 120; extra damage and hp again; and so on till a certain amount, like 5000 being the last. The reason is; the hero can become way too powerful like this; and the concept of armies and items gets lost.
(Plus side; less lag because of less need to mass units. Negative side; people dislike over powered heroes)

Athens
1.Oddly enough, Athens is the place where you can raise the most money because of the philosophy and mathematics job. I literally gain 20k per lecture I give from how much I've raised my stats; I believe a similar concept as with what I've stated in Misc would fix this to a reasonable amount; and all though it would still be a lot; It would perhaps be at 1/20 of what people of high attributes would gain.
2.Post car sends you to Rome when you take the "Market" ride; I did wondered how a few people left Athens so early in the game a few times; now I know.

Alexandria
1.Garden of Alexandria has visibility blockers inside of it, which is a little bit irritating (It's the bit of green land with a column in the middle that you can enter from 4 sides.

Suggestion
-Prostitute skin for women allows selling body to raise renown?

P.S. : Thank you for setting me up as a senator! I am glad to have contributed; even if it was so very little ^^'

Edit :
New bugs found.

-When someone buys the farm in sparta, for some players it tells them that they cannot buy one because they already own one (even if they do not), and for some - it lets them buy multiple farms / all farms in sparta

Game breaking bug!
-There seems to be one major game breaking bug, which is a trigger leak. In short, this slowly kicks players out of the game. I've noticed this when the map goes to around 20-50 minutes into the game. I am not sure if the older versions have this, but this one does.

Last edited:
Level 28
Correction: Slaves animated by the Phasis necromancer only work one at a time: dumping multiple corpses will only raise one, but the necromancer will give his "success!" line for each corpse dumped.
Units spawned from War Horses have no attack and have less than 100 HP.
Carthage: Shades and arena fights don't give renown.
Damage doesn't increase with stats.
Medical guild sometimes randomly gives 30 as the number of patients left to treat.
Income buttons don't work.
-unlag appears to destroy harvestable trees in cities, as lumber mills are found surrounded by empty terrain.
Phasis merchants are invisible or lack models after moving: The arrow appears over the citizen's head, the buildings are there, but the vendors aren't.
Trying to build a Nomad tent inside a city destroys it, but you lose the tent.
A conquered city lets you build 2 Villagers with the same tooltips, one of which has all buildings and the other only the big expensive building.

An income timer would be nice. Also, since the new patch allows for multiple resource windows, that should be implemented for trade resources.

Level 7
Damage does increase with stats, though it isn't apparent until you invest a lot of time in increasing the main stat. I have, as of now, over 20k in strength, and as such have over 200 damage and over 1500 HP - something which makes me too powerful in dealing with enemies, whether they are on the strategy map or elsewhere.

Guys I would like to keep up with the map but my unprotected version crashes everytime I try to open it with the version 1.31 of the editor. Unfortunatly, there is one trigger that is not compatible with the 1.31. If someone with an older version can open it up and find out the trigger that is uncompatible and remove it, I would be able to continue. I post a pastebin with the unprotected version.
Rome | HIVE

Level 1
Hello guys, first of all i must thank anybody who participated into the developement of this map it’s just so good!

I have even registered here so I could as a Question about this map.

Will the map still be developed or not?

And an bug ... This is the 2nd time i get an bug splat after some minutes gaming. Anyone know how to fix this?

Best Regards!

Level 2
Thanks for your support. I don't really have the courage to go back to develop the map anoymore, but if someone is eager to do so, I've no issue with this :)
Sorry to bother you but if you will get some free time -someday the only thing i need from you - create vanila portal: from Rome- to out from city, rest towns unbalanced anyway, will take 15 min only to place point A to point B, shame not playing this anymore cuse blizz cancernes...

Level 1
First of all I LOVE THIS MAP

BUT...
i bought reforged to play on it with my friends online but we sadly cannot open the map, it loads until the end and than crashes the game + my discord closes too.

What can I do to play the map? Please any suggestions

Level 29
First of all I LOVE THIS MAP

BUT...
i bought reforged to play on it with my friends online but we sadly cannot open the map, it loads until the end and than crashes the game + my discord closes too.

What can I do to play the map? Please any suggestions
I just read several comments regarding this problem, but I can tell you not all older Warcraft 3 maps are compatible with Reforged (1.36). There are a lot of maps that you can't play on Reforged because of few broken things.

This map is quite OLD. The original author had just abandoned this project for personal reasons. It could be the main reason this map is no longer being updated. Therefore, I highly suggest downgrading your game to non-Reforged ones.