• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rome Total War 1.82

208262-albums7908-picture59186.png

During the Classical era, you can embody a citizen of Rome, Athens, Carthage or Alexandria to seek Glory and Wealth. Otherwise, you can lead an european nation of that time and try to conquer the whole known world.

About the Map

full
full

Kind of Map : Strategy and RPG Map

Number of Players :12

Gameplay : You have two gameplay. You can either play a citizen of the classical era who tries to survive and make his path. Or you can control directly a nation for a more strategic gameplay.

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95981.jpg

Changelogs

Close

Version1.2

[TD]
-new terrain
-3 new cities
-senatorial system

Credits

Close

Staff

[TD]
[*] Map Maker : purparisien [r]
Models:[r]
[*] Pyramidhe@d [r]
[*] MrBob [r]
[*] OlofMoleman [r]
[*] Fingolfin [r]
[*] StormLegacy [r]
[*] HappyTauren [r]
[*] Nasrudin [r]
[*] Tranquil [r]
[*] Urkdrengi [r]
[*] Communist_Orc [r]
[*] Willthealmighty [r]
[*] Mr.Bob [r]
[*] paulH [r]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95977.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93730.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture93523.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95880.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95879.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95878.png

[/TD]

[TD]
208262-albums7908-picture95876.png

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.2

Version1.3

Version1.4

Version1.5

Version1.6

Version1.7

Version1.8

[TD]
-New units for Mediterranean factions
-Save & load system added
-Lag reduced
-Items can stack
-Romus and Romulus factions have been redone
-Post Car has English name
-Shoemaker can be accused again
-Troutfishing range improves from 200 to 800
-Pray for Gold has a 360 seconds cooldown
-Blacksmith sell items
-New trees have been planted in Europe
-Varegue is now considered as a melee unit
-The Scorpio does have a model
-The Revive hero button can't be clicked repeatedly
-Haakapeliitaa has Bash
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Egypt has been extended along the Nile
-Add Rare items and special units for each Capital controled
-Trees can be destroyed and regrowned
-Guild system has been added for different jobs
-Neutral and Hostile units are now ennemis
-Priest job works properly
-Cities can be reached by the sea
-EXP can be gained in Risk mod
-Save & Load work properly
-Detective Job can be replayable
-More infos are displayed in the starting book
-Ingeneer can hold items
-Secondary weapons can be bought instead of shields
-Gallic ans Scandinavian Units have been redone
[/TD]

[TD]
-Lag greatly reduced
-Buildings have been replaced by destructible in cities
-Sparta can be visited
-Farming Simulator job has been added
-Coring and Rebellion system added
-Population Added for cities
-Emperor has more unique decisions
-Aristocrats and Democrats can earn Athens
-Minimap has been redone
-Rebalance units
-new guilds have been added (doctor and priest)
-many minor bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Trade System is added in Europe
-Districts economic system is added inside cities
-Line Production
-Religion is showed for cities
-Many bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Colonia Maxima Mode added
-Add Capitals for player to improve
-Skins can be purchased for heroes
-Having experiences in certain jobs reduce the time to do an action
-Healing more patients reduce the time of surgery
-Trading units can travel across water
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Cenabum city is added
-Lag reduced
-New models
-Various bugs fixed
[/TD]

[/TD]

Staff

[/TD]

Keywords:
Rome, Carthage, Alexandria, Athens, Cenabum, Gallic, Phasis, Scyth, Parthia, LOAP, Empire, STR, RP, Europe, Ancient, Conquest, Senator, War, Adventure
Contents

Rome Total War 1.82 (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play

M

21:30, 2nd Apr 2013
Orcnet: nice idea of mixing a Risk map with similarities of a LOAP, good choice and good game play

Level 2
Tested the map. Pretty nice gameplay needs a little more work on the city (more jobs.. models)
Seriously needs a command to unally the neutral mobs outside the cities in the europe.. ( takes wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooo looooooong to capture entire europe with using A)
Bug: Cant become emperor.. mostly i think because one of the capitals? the one on the bottom right corner disappears after you destroy it.. (doesnt become yours)
Suggestion: less capitals to become emperor or emperor appointed at the begining ? since it takes 3 hours to get to all the capitals + with more players it would take longer..

All in all nice map, love the idea , needs a little more work thou so 8/10 :)

Cant wait for next version :)

Tested the map. Pretty nice gameplay needs a little more work on the city (more jobs.. models)
Seriously needs a command to unally the neutral mobs outside the cities in the europe.. ( takes wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooo looooooong to capture entire europe with using A)
Bug: Cant become emperor.. mostly i think because one of the capitals? the one on the bottom right corner disappears after you destroy it.. (doesnt become yours)
Suggestion: less capitals to become emperor or emperor appointed at the begining ? since it takes 3 hours to get to all the capitals + with more players it would take longer..

All in all nice map, love the idea , needs a little more work thou so 8/10 :)

Cant wait for next version :)

Thanks for testing the map. Actually. I'm gonna fix all the bugs you have found. However, I think it is better to add other cities instead of making Rome bigger. Otherwise, I would like to know if you find the bame balanced (units, jobs, etc...)
Anyway, you're helpful +rep

Level 1
Thanks for testing the map. Actually. I'm gonna fix all the bugs you have found. However, I think it is better to add other cities instead of making Rome bigger. Otherwise, I would like to know if you find the bame balanced (units, jobs, etc...)
Anyway, you're helpful +rep

When my hero attack other npc in rome city,became red, and killed by guards,
i respawn,i lost my gears, and i can't wear any new gears(just buy and put it on or quest gear)...
I tried about 10 times,it's turly...

Level 2
Well there is also a minor bug of unable to unequip items only to replace them.

Adding other cities seems like a nice way to go but a better variety of jobs within rome would also be nice i think there is 6 ? Places to repair the catapults ... But it's really a lame job and only beginners use it.

I think emperor should be crowned like the most capitals owned ? Or like the most points a person has and capitals give 5 points where as cities give 1 ?

Also i think you need to rethink the army bit .. No limit makes the first to go out and build farms near rome pretty good since he then spawns a huge army and anyone else is just left in the city at first the prices seem a bit high for units but a bit later on had half of europe no farms ... And i could spawn from 12 barracks almost non stop ? Imagine for people just leaving the city its hard

You should add something like a few different ways of leaving rome like taking a transport ship within rome and exiting into the or traveling to other made cities ?

If i have any more ideas i'll post them this is it for now . Hard to type on a telephone

Level 2
this would make it possible to leave city if there are enemy units outside.. like someone building an army and surrounding Rome.

Another good thing would be making the trader range a bit bigger.. it's hard to press so close without touching the npc you want to talk to.. and it comes and stands to far

More quest for cults i guess? killing an assasin seems fun first 3 times.. other times it becomes boring?

Didn't find a way to buy a horse?? Is tyhat working??
(would be nice to have all the commands in F9 ... like how to add a new senator and etc ?)

Could add more items? like forging your own? or legendary ? add a few caves addding more Rpg feel? (something like in Fantasy life?)

Well i will add the list ( heh i'm pretty loaded with ideas :D on these kind of maps :D)

EDIT:
Just finished making one sect 100%... nothing happens.. so might do something here :?

Do you talk about the merchant job in Europe ? The range is a problem. If I want to increase it, I have to do it for every units. So some hidden spots, like the sects, can be join without the badge or whatever.

For an unknown reason I erased the horses seller from the map. I might do a test and then I forgot to place them back. Anyway, they will be available in the next version.

I will add some special levels in the cities in Europe. You will be able to find dungeons, more races, etc...

Actually I can't add new items. I have a strange bug. If I want to add items with the advance item spell it bugs: it doesn't recognize it and can't be equip. It is really annoying and I don't find how to fix it yet.

The sect has 3 different jobs: killing a person, send a letter and recruit member. Usually, when your sect is at 100%, the other one dissapear. Then you win a special item for yourself.

PS: You'll be a senator in the next version

Level 2
well nothing happened when i played alone in battle net? i mean getting 100% in a sect

well the murdering quest seems pretty boring.. could be something like sect wars? or something? you might have something like thye more influence a sect has more money it's members automatically get? and make a limit to how many people can join? so there would be 50/50 split between people?

Hello everyone, I really appreciate your concern about the map.

First of all, I'm gonna fix all the issues of the map. I'm currently working on the 1.2. I will add some new explorable cities (Alexandria, Moscow, London...)
Unfortunaly, I don't know why we can't unequip items.

Anyway, if you have any ideas or suggestions, I would be glad to answer.

Level 5
Pretty awesome map. I have a suggestion though. You know when you capture a capital city, you'll be able to choose some heroes/generals, it would be cool if your citizen hero would become that general, so basically it would be an upgrade, i was expecting something like that. and also i do not how to increase the Favor because no matter what i do, it does not increase. (food limit)
You could add some unique/special items or artifacts equipable that only one exists so players can be unique to each other.

EDIT:
and also something like when you type -(name of the job) it would ping the location of the said job because whenever i host this, people get impatient looking for jobs and they will either stalk me or quit.
maybe some skills for the citizens/heroes like if they have played as the gladiator for a long time they will get a skill related to gladiators or maybe if they play as a doctor they'll get heal or something. Just so characters wouldn't be bland.

Last edited:
Level 2
Can be played alone ? Because i played it,and, i want to become Emperor of Roman to lead the army and all that shit c:

Level 6
NIce Presentation downloading and Testing it with my Clan.
Going to Review it and also Share some Opinions from my Community.
Always making a detailed and deep Review so be Ready.
Looks Cool at First look so i think its going to be a really good review.

Edit:
Well...
I could not finish the Review cause theres a Huge Bug in-Game with the Inventory system and cant play the map properly.
Then...
I consider unjust/unfair to Rate a Low Score because of this, cause it looks like you put a lot ot effort on your map and i see you do a lot of hard work making it, so i will suspend my Review Until you can Fix this Bug.

Important Bug info:
All players (no exeptions) inventory gets stuck and cant unequip any item from the characters Inventory after being used for first time.
Example: I started the game, went to the Rome Barraks and Took 1 "Toge de Police" to become a guard, -> i wear the Item, i Arrest/kill 4 Citizens, i tale off the "Toge" from my "character inventory" after doing this any Item i Equip on my character inventory becomes stuck also cant use the "Back" red Button on the Ch Inventory menu.

Minor bugs/changes/Ideas:
-The 1 Handed axe model is Rexar spinning axe projectile and looks really Weird to hold a spinning axe in your hand.
-Earning Money is too Easy on some jobs like "Gladiator" and "BlackSmith"
-Lots of Text/Description/tips arent in English, i think its Italian or French, Cant noone can read them.
-Sometimes too many Citizens and Guards get stuck on a street and its imposible to walk with all that people getting stuck on the streets.

Last edited:
Level 2

Important Bug info:
All players (no exeptions) inventory gets stuck and cant unequip any item from the characters Inventory after being used for first time.
Example: I started the game, went to the Rome Barraks and Took 1 "Toge de Police" to become a guard, -> i wear the Item, i Arrest/kill 4 Citizens, i tale off the "Toge" from my "character inventory" after doing this any Item i Equip on my character inventory becomes stuck also cant use the "Back" red Button on the Ch Inventory menu.

For this one just equip a new item and the old one will come off

Purparisien ANY UPDATES ON THE MAP? gosh it was such a great map loap and strategy put together.. ;/

Level 1
any update about this game... i love it soooo much... some bugs :vw_death: and the ideas of other cities is so good please replyyy i need a update of this map:goblin_jawdrop:

Level 7
The terrain is absolutely epic, it really looks like the ancient Rome, The buildings are awesome, i got a lot inspiration from your map. I have to admit that most of the time i was watching your extraordinary city.

Level 2
Well its about time you fix this map... (and by fix i mean add a little more to it )

It was an amazing map, but its lacking in things to do...

Will definitely try it when it's out and give you some feedback :)

Level 2
Sorry for the late response...

I'd say its probably better to have 4 well done cities with stuff to do rather than 12 mediocre ones ( as in 4 with more to do.. rather than 12 with just a few things)? Not entirely sure.. maybe doing that the other 8 capitals not represented would have a small land you can go into where you find a few shops or something?

The pics from Alexandria look great , apart from the catapult which looks really tiny on that wall.

Level 9
The 4 great capitals sounds better!
I think it can be good idea make 4 players roman players and other 8 make enemy of rome players,,,, I would like to play for carthage and invaded Rome with it ships ...
I think you should work on jobs some of them are little boring after few minutes ...

Level 6
Im glad to see this Project hasn't died after 2-3 years of my last comment.

I liked the idea of playing a RISK/RTS Game mixed with Serious RPG Elements.

Would me amazing if you could use 'n Mix your RPG Hero on the RISK/RTS dominus mundi mod, that would break grounds from here to japan.

Also about the capitals/cities thing, i think 4 would be equally and performance Friendly and efficient, there's no need to put 12 whole Full Scale Cities that will be visited just by 1 or 2 players per match, keeping it simple enough to mantain performance and enchance playability on a well rounded playable area is key for map perfection.

That its all, hope you give the World Editor a bloody use overload to complete your objective!

Good Luck. o7

Hello, I come with few news about the map. First, I'm glad to see that many people are waiting its release.

Besides, in the next version 3 new cities will be added : Alexandria, Athens and Carthage. Each one will have some unique architecture and unique jobs. You can be a scrib in the Library of Alexandria or a Elephant Breeder in Carthage for instance.

Furthemore, a new leaderboard has been implemented. Now ranks have a purpose. Each player starts as a plebean and earn office along his journey. Doing so, he earns some abilities and items before being the Emperor. Each step requires some elements : having a house, capturing a city, having a certain renown in your capital.

I also rework the RTS mod. New units have been added with special abilities. The phalanx for the greeks or the Chariots for the Brits. If you have played Rome 2 Total War, you would recognize a few things.

I plan to add maybe new cities after the release, if the map works as intented. Meanwhile you can watch some screenshots of the map on my profile.

Level 1
Hey I'm so glad you didn't stop with the map! My friends and I really enjoyed playing Rome. So, can you give us a possible release date for the new version?

Level 28
Playing as Gaul:

* Engineer's tooltip is still in French, and uses I as the hotkey.
* The Pray damage type (really?) still has Chaos in its tooltip.
* Allobroge uses "faible" instead of weak in its tooltip.
* Priest's second skill is still in French.
* Heroes apparently can't be revived.
* No ranged unit other than catapults, is that intentional?