• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Rome II : Total War

Do you think the map should be uploaded in the Map section yet ? Or should it still be worked on?

• Release a Beta in the map section even though 6 out of 12 factions are playable

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Wait for more factions to be done

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Wait for a more polished gameplay

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Wait for more feedback and multiplayer testing

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALPHA 0.2 Is out !

full

full

Finally !
Here is the second playable alpha ! You may play ROME, CARTHAGE, GREECE, SELEUCIDS, EGYPT or PERGAMON in solo or with 5 other players.
-4 new playable factions (greece, seleucids, egypt and pergamon)
-The new units created permit to attack greek free cities (such as Massilia and Syracusae) + some neutrals in Egypt and Lybia. These cities are "neutral hostile" owned so you can attack them right away
-The assets for getting access to ressources are done (except the +1armor and +1attack with fur and iron)
-The Info(F10) tab with a lot of information (basic/advanced/commands) was made
-Capitals are now changed when it is seized (your most populous city becomes the new one; it is were your armies respawn)
-Disembarking from a boat now cuts your army "stamina" by half
-The future position of your units are now displayed on the ground when moving your regiments
-You can now order your regiments to attack to attack an other one with right clicking : a melee regiment will be order to attack/move at the regiment position while range soldiers will be ordered to attack a random unit of the targeted regiment
-New battle formations : Testudo, Shield Wall, Hoplite and Phalanx. it will slow the units down but give buffs and tighten the ranks.
-You can no longer Embark garrisoned Armies (yes, that was a thing...)
-Many new tooltips
-Now happiness reduces (up to -40% at -100) or increases (up to +20% at +100) your income in a province
-Culture affects happiness (-1 per 10% below 100% for your primary culture)
-Many "minor" (or boring ^^) changes on Battlefields, Cities, Armies, Battles, Units, Provinces, Visibility etc...etc... I cannot remember everything :)

You may also play solo (as Player 1) and check out each units with "iseedeadpeople" cheatcode. (go bottom right of the campaign map)

Last edited:
I am back to continue the map : )
And I made something that people were asking I guess : being able to move several regiments at once, moving in formation, exactly like when you give orders in a real total war game :)

full

The next version will come out pretty soon with some balancing, improvement in battle gameplay and some other simple additions for the cities/trade etc...

Just asking, will there be some things such as tuxedo(?) formations or Phalanxes?
They already exist !
There are Phalanx, Hoplite and Testudo formations ;)
This is awesome, can't wait for the next version
Well, your wish is now granted ! ; )

Version 0.3 is out !

This is the changelog :
-New system for regiment movement. If several regiments are selected, they now move in formation to the wanted location like in a real total war game.
-Price of economic buildings reduced
-Cavalry HP has been greatly increased
-The population update system has been balanced
-While charging only, the Egyptian Chariots now have splashing damage
-Many minor changes

If you think that this version is good enough for a beta that would be uploaded in the map section, let me know in the comments !

Level 3
i'm getting an error everytime i start.. Is it not compatible for 1.26a with bypass? Only for 1.27? If not then why i'm getting memory error? like a crash error..

Status
Not open for further replies.