• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roman Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I'm making a map about romans i already have ONE UNIT!! WOOT!!
Basically i'm thinking of making a map much like the SPQR map in starcraft.

The SPQR map plays like this: You and a couple players control parts of the Roman Empire. Red plays the Emperor, Blue plays the eastern Border, Teal plays Navy, Purp plays grain distribution, and oj plays northern border defense.I'm thinking of making a map much like this one except with even more junk.

It doesn't even need to be Roman. I know that there are maps out there about Rome Total War and stuff but I never tried them so I wouldnt know if this type of map has already been made. If so please tell me, i dont want to make a copy.

In this map, the players will control parts of Rome (or any other nation) and give support to each other like one player handles the trading, one player handles protecting the traders, one player handles defending the nation, one player handles attacking other nations, one player handles distributing the monies, land, and other things. Now that i think about it, this would fit really well into the whole Feudal system.

So what do you think about this style of gameplay?

Level 7
I think it's a good idea. I'm actually starting a map that has generally the same concept.

Level 5
The enemy will be controlled by the computer. I'll make it so its hard to maintain a large empire. Or if u prefer player vs player, thats cool too, long as it involves lots and lots of teamwork which is the main concept of my map idea.

Also since most ppl like being complimented, i can make it so that whenever u have a fearsome army, the other nations (controlled by comps) will send dialogs about how much they fear u and give u crap to make u feel like a great and powerful emperor or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.