• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roleplaying Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is my roleplaying rant thread. Just some things I want to complain about ;)
I'll just bullet point it...

• When hosts ask for commands. This doesn't prove anything, and to me it's a DotA-like elitist attitude. I hate it even more when I host and people who join my games ask other joiners for commands.
  • "OMG RIGGED HEROZ!!1"... this just irritates me because Roleplaying isn't an RTS or anything like that, it's not supposed to be balanced, and an ancient 2000 year old monster isn't supposed to be easily killed by two or three adventurers. However, there's a difference between a godlike character with a story, and an out-of-place marine with 4000 added damage, invulnerability and 6 gloves of haste, that goes around destroying everything in its path, even if you want a "master chief" roleplay.
  • Ninjas. I HATE NINJAS IN ROLEPLAYS!!! Anything Anime based. They just ruin everything. Even assassins irritate me.
  • Illidan. He has always seemed to be, to me, the avatar of noobishness. Demon hunters bother me too. They are just... pathetic, and too common.
  • OMG CUZTOM MODALZ!11 I hate when people make up a character for the Lunar Knight just for the sake of using him. Same with the Reaper, the Chaos Champion and the Crusader. And then they go about criticizing people for being "uber"?
  • Bad Terrain. I am very biased, seeing as I am a terrainer. I hate terrains that suck, and even more when people are like "OMFG the terrain on SotDRP is AMAZING!!!". But I can't do anything about it :\
  • Unally. I hate unally, and I hate "damage". In my roleplays I only ever allow text combat, which means no unally and no actual attacking, just animations. It prevents idiocy and accidental deaths that would otherwise confuse the RP.

If anyone wants to add to this list, feel free ;)

Level 2
The Illidan thing's annoys me too. In almoste all RP's there is someone that makes a blind character with two blades that slays demon's and sometimes has black wings on its back.

Other things that annoy me are people who create overpowered things or things that are seen as "lame" and ping it to seek attention. I dont care if someone "lames" as long as they do it in a place where noone is creating something and as long as he/she doesnt seek attention with it by pinging it.

Other things that annoy me are hero's that have items that are "overpowered" or have two items that colide with eachother. For example: Gloves of Haste, Firehand Gauntlets. They are both "plural" meaning that there is more of one. "Gloves" and "Gauntlets". So having these items on one hero would mean that it's equipping 2 things over eachother. And they are both just overpowered. I think roleplaying mostly goes about who can create the most imbaest hero of them all. No real storyline in some rp's.

An other thing is that roleplaying is heading for the same direction as footy. There are already many bad edits out there that dont add anything new but some imported models. These models mostly dont have any use since they have nothing that matches thier apearance. There are also good edits wich add new functions to create a better apearance of your roleplaying part or just a totaly new terrain. But the bad edits are things that noone is waiting for.

Level 17
I hope you dont mean me.

Ill add a few things:

-Guys, seriously. Wtf is college theme, roleplaying is fun to me, because i get to do things i cant do in real life. Who the fuck (Excuse my french) RP's mother fucking real life? GO ACTUALLY LIVE REAL LIFE. People who RP college, are 11 year olds who think its obviously cool, and that people rape and have sex with each other all the time (Well, maybe). And that they can have dragons as pets. And that sparked the idea.

"ZOMG GUYZ, LETZ DO LIKE HAIRY POT-ER" And so spawned the abomination that they call Magic College theme.

It joins the horrible array of themes such as Night Elf Rape, Naruto adventures and Star wars theme (i've seen a few in solaris, they are not pretty people)

-Let me make this perfectly clear: Using custom models, just for the sake of using custom models, instantly makes you an idiot in my perspective. I put them personally, because some things you cannot improvise. "Why do you have a blood elf lancer guarding your human town? "he is not elf he iz magic demon warior nub""

I rest my case

Level 2
I hope you dont mean me.

If you meant the bad edit part. Rarp is an example of a good edit. It has some new features, and a terrain made from scratch. Plus it doesnt have too many useless models added wich dont fit the wc3 atmosphere(overall wc3 looks).

But some other rp maps (like Angel of Death rp, or whatever it was called) are just bad. Ive played one of the first versions and the only thing it added were some models that didnt fit the wc3 atmosphere.

Level 36
RARP has no archway builder, that pisses me off.
Also, having to use 'findspawner pisses me off.
And I hate the lack of proper terrain changing/doodad-ing.
IMO the system in SotDRP with point target spells is so much easier to use and better because you can change the terrain of an entire map in an hour, to make it look good.

But Nocturnal is a pretty fun terrain to play in :D

Let me add two more to the list --
"Dragon ball Z" theme. I hate that show, I hate its characters, and I hate the idiots who play the games.
Demons and undead and all that crap. It's all about people who want to be uber, so most people who are demons just make loads of eredar warlocks with their giant-ness and their auras, and it looks really bad! Demons should be subtle, like maybe one eredar and then the rest maybe two or three felguards and a bunch of fel orcs/imps. Makes it more fun to play with.

Level 34
I like to add is: Aura's, I just hate aura's!

People walk around with 3 aura's or something like that (like speed buff or something) that causes huge speeds are units. It's annoying like f*ck.

But if you got an aura on a flag/building, then it's OK to me, I think.

Just no (attack)speed buffing aura's, plxthxbai.

Level 17
I dont get how having to use 'findspawner pisses you off. Lol. You can just group it.

What i hate, is when people use abilities and integrate them into their RP just because its in their hero THEY ARE USING.

Example, one guy said he was human, but was just using the bloodmage for the model its self. I do that alot to, i was like w/e

Then he RP's him banishing and flame striking. I'm like "WTf, you said your human, not blood elf" he's like "but myz hoeroz has itz"

Level 36
I like to add is: Aura's, I just hate aura's!

People walk around with 3 aura's or something like that (like speed buff or something) that causes huge speeds are units. It's annoying like f*ck.

But if you got an aura on a flag/building, then it's OK to me, I think.

Just no (attack)speed buffing aura's, plxthxbai.

I hate auras too. But not because of the effects, it's because of the lame aura graphic and the lamer white glow around ANY ALLIED UNIT nearby.

Level 8
I dont get how having to use 'findspawner pisses you off. Lol. You can just group it.

What i hate, is when people use abilities and integrate them into their RP just because its in their hero THEY ARE USING.

Example, one guy said he was human, but was just using the bloodmage for the model its self. I do that alot to, i was like w/e

Then he RP's him banishing and flame striking. I'm like "WTf, you said your human, not blood elf" he's like "but myz hoeroz has itz"

And what's wrong with a human casting those kind of spells?

:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 1
If you meant the bad edit part. Rarp is an example of a good edit. It has some new features, and a terrain made from scratch. Plus it doesnt have too many useless models added wich dont fit the wc3 atmosphere(overall wc3 looks).

But some other rp maps (like Angel of Death rp, or whatever it was called) are just bad. Ive played one of the first versions and the only thing it added were some models that didnt fit the wc3 atmosphere.

RARP fucking sucks, it helped along the abomination that is modern rping, as well as future (went through a future phase -Shivers- NOT pretty). Yes yes, "But Khomaniac you're adding nothing new to the thread" w/e I have an opinion and it deserves to be voiced just as much as that guy -Points at some hideous dude who's picking his nose-

Level 2
RARP fucking sucks, it helped along the abomination that is modern rping, as well as future (went through a future phase -Shivers- NOT pretty). Yes yes, "But Khomaniac you're adding nothing new to the thread" w/e I have an opinion and it deserves to be voiced just as much as that guy -Points at some hideous dude who's picking his nose-

Oh did i offend you saying AoDRP is bad?

Level 9
Listen AoDRP is not bad although RARP is much better especially Nocturanal i loved it.
I know how you feel about Illidan i only use him when im extremly bored and only to kill him :D by the warden or a giant something.
And only when i solo RP (read:with no one else and not on Battle.net)
Aura's also really bug me.As for the custom models lunar knight is such a bad model lol i dont know why people use it anyways,and i dont get why you people dont like custom models i use a Choas knight becouse i like the model.
And as for damage there should be real damage no text damage or whatever,i dont agree with you.

"Unally. I hate unally, and I hate "damage". In my roleplays I only ever allow text combat, which means no unally and no actual attacking, just animations. It prevents idiocy and accidental deaths that would otherwise confuse the RP. "

You can just revive those accidental deaths,and only idiots have accidental deaths.
And another thing i hate is:
I was building an incredably complicated city then out of nowhere a horde of undead ghouls,skeletons,death knights,liches and so on he demolished everything.Belive it or not that was the host he thought it would be funny.

As Steel says
I rest my case.

Last edited:
Level 36
He attacked an idea, not a person.

Flaming is attacking a person.

He attacked an idea, a concept.

Actually, it's the other way around. Flaming is attacking an idea, not a person. Attacking a person usually tends to be called "insulting"... or maybe trolling.

For example, right now I'm flaming your idea that flaming is attacking a person.

Level 8
Flaming is the hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or even through e-mail. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. Occasionally, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.

Looks like we are both right. (Or wrong. Whatever floats your boat.)

Level 11
Void, I think you'll really enjoy the terrain in Legacy of Kings RP (Just released yesterday). I always hated old rp terrains because of too much water. In my mind, epic fantasies don't take place on the high seas, but rather in forests and mountains and cities. Being a fellow terrainer, im definitely picky about that stuff. All the custom models have that Wc3 look you're talking about, although we did add a little anime girl with swords, only because it was the best female hero i could find (girls always complain about no female heroes in rps).

But anyways, to alleviate all or most of your roleplaying woes... go with LoK! xD
It's in the maps section here, and at epicwar.

And expect Anarki to flame most of my posts. v_v

Level 34
Void, I think you'll really enjoy the terrain in Legacy of Kings RP (Just released yesterday). I always hated old rp terrains because of too much water. In my mind, epic fantasies don't take place on the high seas, but rather in forests and mountains and cities. Being a fellow terrainer, im definitely picky about that stuff. All the custom models have that Wc3 look you're talking about, although we did add a little anime girl with swords, only because it was the best female hero i could find (girls always complain about no female heroes in rps).

But anyways, to alleviate all or most of your roleplaying woes... go with LoK! xD

Well he's the flame king.

Level 8

I better live up to my expectation then.

u r a big poopie

Status
Not open for further replies.