1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by HungaryMaster (Magyar), Jun 26, 2018.

1. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem by me. Take all the time you need.:infl_thumbs_up:

2. ammillas

ammillas

Resources:
    Resources:
    is something up with mission 4? it only lasts 1 min before complete.
    p.s. love the story so far

3. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    The campaign is still on testing, so there is no point in spending more than 30 minutes in a single mission.

He will put the time right after it is complete.

4. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There'll be a new "hero" as far as my planning goes well, who's not in the game or in the story but'll be a reference to a streamer (even if you like them or not) Asmongold, I named it after him High Commander Asmon, who'll be a (obviously) commander of a small force in Silverpine Forest after a battle searching for survivors, he'll be a warrior hero with abilities like sunder armor, rend etc..

5. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok.

I would like to see Asmongold's reaction to that :D

6. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey! I released a new version which contains the new map which isn't completed yet, but you can try it out and also a test map which allows you to test Kel'Thuzad new abilities.

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. Since the game cache is still not fixed, I will have to start the campaign from the start

First Chapter
    -The Echoing Flames require Kel'Thuzad to be at level 2.

Third Chapter
    "Hopefully, the other wings of Dalaran are barricaded enough until the orcs are repelled"

Second Interlude
    "...against the orcs..."

Seventh Chapter
    "...appreciate..."
    -Why are we controlling a random Paladin that is standing in the graveyard where the Moss is?

New Chapter
    "...force wall, so that I can't get through..."
    "...as well as food..."
    "... more powerful..." rather than "...powerfull..."
    -How can we open the chest that has a circle of power?
    -The Quest page needs to be reviewed because most quests don't appear
    -Saival doesn't react after we retrieve his pouch.
    -I can't find the Mayor's daughter
    -Why did you put so many Soul Tablets that reduce our Intelligence and increase Strength?
    -Kel'Thuzad's interactions with that girl made me sad :( After she said 'I will never forget what you did', now I can't stop picturing Kel'Thuzad, years later, recognizing her corpse in a slaughtered village after he joined the cult

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  8. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, I'll fix the problems you've mentioned, but some thing aren't finished yet, such as quests, the chest etc.
    The Sould tablets are there for the player to decide if they want to balance his attributes or not.

9. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I've made a "boss" fight where you should kill a Tomb Protector to retrieve the soul of the daughter of the mayor. It has 3 "phases" where 3 souls spawn each at different percentages and you can obtain an item right before the boss, the gauntlets of salvation which can be used to gain control over summoned units. Particularly useful aganist his summoned voidwalkers and the boss can only being attacked by chaos attacks, which means that the fire elemental and the voidwalkers (which has chaos attack) should be used to kill the protector.

10. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds good. It is nice to fight boss fights with unique mechanics such as that.

Though a Tomb Protector using Void magic seems weird. At this time the only group capable of using Void magic are the Twilight Hammer and they have already left to Kalimdor.

By the way, regarding the witch we face in this new chapter.
    Her ability to raise the dead either implies she is very powerful (and considering that we can kill her easily, this is not the case) or she stole that knowledge from the orcs (which sounds more plausible). I am surprised that Kel'Thuzad killed her without questioning about her knowledge of necromancy.
    Also, I am not sure that the ability of turning into ravens is something that ordinary spellcasters can do. From what I found, only Medivh and Khadgar are capable of this and neither is an ordinary mage obviously. So watching a random witch being capable of turning herself into a raven seems weird.

11. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Witches, As you can see in the New expansion Battle for Azeroth (worst after draenor tho) they can shapeshift aswell. Kel'Thuzad kills him because hé has captured the soul of the mayor. You can "obtain" the quest by bringing the unsent letter to the street of pyrewood and then near a pile of hay, the mayors ghost appears.

Edit: Yeah, maybe changing the voidwalker tó something else would be better.

Edit2: By the way, the first witch we see in the first segment of the map will be Nightlash. As we later can see her within the mines later on the next map.

12. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed. The only thing good in WoD were the bosses in Blackrock Foundry. I don't play WoW but saw videos showing the fights.

I dearly hope Azshara manages to improve BfA and that her boss fight is as epic as the Lich King's.

Ok, but those witches reside in Kul'Tiras, not in Silverpine Forest. Perhaps they were attracted to the Horde's fel and necromantic powers?

By the way, how come there are Syndicate members in Silverpine Forest?

The part of meeting the Mayor I managed, the part of finding his daughter is the one I was having difficulty.

13. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The new map is finally done! Enjoy :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

Note: I know that the paladin is still there in the seventh map. I will fix it in the next update.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Main Quest "...happened in the region."

Enchanted Gemstone: "...against spells and magical attacks."

"... to the lighthouse as well as..."

Wow, Kel'Thuzad desecrating a grave. What an epic foreshadowing :D

I noticed you rearranged some parts of the map.

I accidently went to the cemetery and killed the revenant before the Optional Quest was given. After that, some sort of path blocking wall appeared and couldn't get out of the cemetery. Luckily I still had my staff so I could teleport to a nearby tent. However, after receiving the Quest, I couldn't reach the cemetery anymore because the pathblocking wall was still there.

I suggest you putting a temporary pathblocking wall on the cemetery until we receive the Optional Quest.

By the way, after clicking 'Continue' we go instantly to Chapter Seven

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  15. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thank you for replying so fast. Haven't you really found any grammar mistakes in the last cinematic? o_O

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not that I haven't noticed, why?
    Then again I am already tired.

17. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Are you tired? Why? Did I asked something that makes you tired? Sorry if I did so.

Edit: I was just intrested tho.

18. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not at all, I am in exams' season and I had one today.

19. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Fine so far. A tip: if you do not have appropriate loading screens for each chapter, just use the one used by Blizz in the demo campaign of the orcs; chapters 4-6.

20. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the tip!
    But I have planned to make well designed on loading screens after I have finished with the maps.