1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by HungaryMaster (Magyar), Jun 26, 2018.

1. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have tried again the new mission. I gave the bone to the wolf, used the meat to distract the peon and used the catapult to kill the three guards. Now I have a explosive barrel, but I don't know what to do next.
    Could you please tell me?

Grammar errors I found
    "... where Alonsus flew...dark magic that these mongrels..."
    'Assassination' Quest: 'flew' instead of 'flown'
    By the way is this quest called 'Assassination'?

2. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There is a wraith next to a chapel ín that area, you have to blow up a barrel next to a warlock and 2 peons. Then you can find the wraith. (You can't reach the tower until you remove the raider who guards the cemetery somehow). She'll ask you to bring a book for her and She will incapacitate the raider for that.

3. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok

"I require... against the Alliance... Not that it matters..."

While I did manage to get the book from the ogres, it was hard and I only managed because Kel'Thuzad was slightly faster.

"...from extinguishing..."

After accomplishing the first quest, the orc Raider in the graveyard should vanish like all orcs and ogres on the town.

When I face the ghosts, there is a gate between me and them. I can attack them with no problem as they don't try to destroy the gate.
    What is the purpose of Fenrill, the Unbreakable Spirit?
    There shouldn't be Amani Trolls in this region, or at least there aren't any records of it. Plus, the Amani are no longer allied with the Horde.
    The rolling gates are destructable, but we can only pass after hitting the levers. You should make the gates invulnerable.

"...different fragments of hatred..."

"...those filthy spiders' own fluids..."
    "...task, I'll think about it." (Kel'Thuzad talks like a poet in this part :D)

Add mission updates regarding the number of ichors that we have already gathered

"...no business with that from now on."
    "Just make sure that we..."

The Kobold's Quest is an Optional Quest, but when I complete it, it says 'Main Quest Completed"

"...The Horde... through..."
    "...thank the Light..."
    "...Horde agents..."

You should give an explanation why Kel'Thuzad could only at the end create a portal, otherwise he could have done that to reach the encapment.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another thing I just noticed after replaying this mission.

These orcs are not part of the Horde, because the Horde no longer exists. This orcs' team should be 'Blackrock Clan'.

5. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So, about the next map:

There will be a man called Araj (not the summoner yet) a renegade wizard who has a barn and a little house at the countryside of Stratholme, there will be an epic item obtain secret quest that pertains him. The main part is that you should defend his companions to drain some sort of essence from some of the equipments KT brought from Dalaran. Then once when the orcs have repelled, Antonidas shows up and accuse KT with the strange dark magic he uses. And he knows what is the purpose of the power they are draining from the equipments.

Araj.png

6. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Antonidas and the Kirin Tor only learn of Kel'Thuzad's studies later, during the events of 'The Road to Damnation' short story, which will occur years after this. They might have been aware of his interest in necromancy and other types of dark magic, but not that he was actually studying it.

Maybe another choice would be: Araj suggests to do what you asked. After the battle to defend Stratholme, the Kirin Tor might seek to imprison Araj for both being a rogue mage and for making such actions, and Araj is forced to flee. Ke'Thuzad might be scolded a little by the other mages, which could further increase his isolation, and Kel'Thuzad's dissilusionment towards the Kirin Tor increases, since they attempted to punish a guy that helped them defeat the orcs.

7. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    i tried it severall times. in chapter 5 the is no unit to select. habe anyone a solution for this problem?

8. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is your version?

9. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    the newest

10. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    That might explain it. The creator made this campaign with patch 1.27.

11. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay can i switch the version?

12. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    If by switch you mean unistalling the current and installing this, yes you can.

13. Thunder1

Thunder1

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks i will try it

14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have version 1.30 and the campaign is working just fine

15. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What if the warlocks use the rest of the power they have gathered to create summoning circles (transporter) to call some demons to wither the land and for the siege aganist stratholme? :eek:

Legion.png

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    A good idea, but I should point out some facts.

Since most orc warlocks were either killed by Doomhammer or left with Teron to Draenor, these Blackrock warlocks shouldn't bee too powerful so chances of them summoning strong demons or large numbers of demons are incredibly low. Not to mention the fact that the orcs are no longer in favor with the Legion, so it is not like the Legion is going to support them in mere raids.

The demons summoned by these warlocks, therfore, would have to be rather weak compared to the demons that serve in the Legion's armies, so like imps, weak succubus, fel hounds and maybe, just maybe, one or two infernals.

A possibility is that, like in the first missions of the Human Campaign in Reign of Chaos, they have been abducting civilians and sacrificing them in order to summon demons.

Another thing you could implement is maybe a powerful orc commander that is still a fel orc, one that is still blessed by the demons and still has the Blood of Mannoroth running through his veins.

17. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Some things about:

1. The available units on different mapps aren't completelly done (techtree)
    2. Some grammar problems may have to be fixed
    3. Cinematics aren't that long, I'm planning making them longer

18. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Understood.

Gameplay
    -I can't play as Kel'Thuzad in the new chapter. He doesn't appear.
    -Increase the space in our base, as I nearly have no space to build new buildings
    -I found three merchants in Stratholme, the one selling plants, the one selling items and the one selling fishes. Should there be more?
    -I can't talk with Elenis, the woman with the Quest mark above her. However, after I passed next to her with a fish and a plant, she gave me a ring and it said 'Quest Completed'
    -Make the buildings follow the same hotkeys as the units
    -What is the purpose of the footlocker that is found on the western corner of the map?
    -Orc warlocks shouldn't be capable of summoning Wailing Souls. Necrolytes are the ones specialized in necromancy. If you want warlocks to summon minions, they should be either spiders or imps.
    -Make Defend ability have hotkey Q
    -Alonsus' Envagelism ability doesn't have a buff

Grammar
    "Are you and your... renegades..."
    "...isn't that what the Kirin Tor..."
    Quest 'Purging the Wicked': "...orcs. The onl way to save the city... and reinforce the walls."
    The other team should be named 'Lordaeron's Forces'

Lore:
    -I didn't understand the final cinematic. Did Araj saw signs regarding what Kel'Thuzad will do in the future? How could he see this from the items they gathered from orc encapments? It is true that some orc shamans, Ner'zhul included, could see glimpses of the future but the Blackrock Clan is a clan very devoted to demons and prefers warlocks over shamans.
    -Kel'Thuzad's hostility towards Araj seems to imply that by this point he was already planning to do something nefarious, which isn't true at all. At the time of this mission Kel'Thuzad is still a good guy, even if he is already a bit cynical and distrustful of how the Kirin Tor works.

19. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Gameplay
    -I can't play as Kel'Thuzad in the new chapter. He doesn't appear. - Do you know that you should have a new game cache for map 5 again, right?
    -Increase the space in our base, as I nearly have no space to build new buildings - Got it.
    -I found three merchants in Stratholme, the one selling plants, the one selling items and the one selling fishes. Should there be more? - No.
    -I can't talk with Elenis, the woman with the Quest mark above her. However, after I passed next to her with a fish and a plant, she gave me a ring and it said 'Quest Completed' - This should be problem with our patch differences. I'll work on it.
    -Make the buildings follow the same hotkeys as the units - Okay.
    -What is the purpose of the footlocker that is found on the western corner of the map? - Well, that's a secret, you need to find it out. Hint: 'chestmare'
    -Orc warlocks shouldn't be capable of summoning Wailing Souls. Necrolytes are the ones specialized in necromancy. If you want warlocks to summon minions, they should be either spiders or imps. - Hm, okay I will replace it with imps.
    -Make Defend ability have hotkey Q - OK.
    -Alonsus' Envagelism ability doesn't have a buff - Uhm, only on the sixth map or?

Grammar (fixed)
    "Are you and your... renegades..."
    "...isn't that what the Kirin Tor..."
    Quest 'Purging the Wicked': "...orcs. The onl way to save the city... and reinforce the walls."
    The other team should be named 'Lordaeron's Forces'

Lore:
    -I didn't understand the final cinematic. Did Araj saw signs regarding what Kel'Thuzad will do in the future? How could he see this from the items they gathered from orc encapments? It is true that some orc shamans, Ner'zhul included, could see glimpses of the future but the Blackrock Clan is a clan very devoted to demons and prefers warlocks over shamans. (I will make a point.)
    -Kel'Thuzad's hostility towards Araj seems to imply that by this point he was already planning to do something nefarious, which isn't true at all. At the time of this mission Kel'Thuzad is still a good guy, even if he is already a bit cynical and distrustful of how the Kirin Tor works. (Well, probably yes, I've just tried to imply that he's 'angry' because his work.)

20. HungaryMaster (Magyar)

HungaryMaster (Magyar)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Updated.
    The last cin changed that the wizard teleports away instead of being banished.
    (Iron Wheels upgrade in development :D)